Are chickpeas the GOAT starch of all time?

who /garbonzo/ here?

> 40 grams of protein per cup
> as cheap as lentils
> neutral flavor, possibilities are endless

rice BTFO

I don't know why people think rice is fit while there are chickpeas, beans and buckwheat. I especialy enjoy buckwheat, because its protein rich and does not give you gas, tastes great with all kinds of stewed meat.

but rice has more volume when cooked, which is great for cutting.

>b-but muh fiber

eat greens. there, more fiber, AND more volume.

wtf, ricefags btfo

looks like im #TeamChickpea now

tell me how to get 3 cups of cooked chickpeas from 1 cup of raw chickpeas and rice MIGHT be BTFO. until then...

>but rice has more volume when cooked
Have you ever cooked buckwheat? Its fluffier than rice when cooked.

>he changes his diet because of Veeky Forums

Found the dyel

I always thought they looked like used gum.

>he doesn't change diet
LOL have fun with ur nogainslmao
You have to confuse the muscles with different foods to get the optimal progression

i was referring to chickpeas and lentils. never cooked buckwheat. is it similar to oats at all?

if you even consider eating other carbs than rice, potatoes, grits, oats, cream of wheat then you're not gonna make it because you're a retard

The only similarity is that it is also a type of grain, go buy some, throw in a pot add half a cup buckwheat and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, strain and add another cup of boiling water and cook till there is no more water and the buckweat is nice and soft. It goes great with some kind of stewed meat, I like beef shin with tomatoes, basil and garlic.

thanks man, might give that a go. hows the texture? i love rice cause i cook it similar to how you just outlined the buckwheat, 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, boil til water is gone, then add about another cup of water and repeat.

comes out as full as possible without any runny starch residue and is very sticky.

I like the texture better than rice, its not starchy at all, hard to describe, but I think you'll like it, but be sure to strain it after it starts to boil for the first time, it will remove the unpleasant taste.

>implying americans even know what chickpeas are

Low in calories, high in protein, can eat tons of them, tastes amazing when baked in an oven or with any sauce.

I mix frozen vegetables with 4 eggs and a can of chickpeas in a baking tray and it's literally a kilogram of "carbs" for 800 calories and 50g protein with complex carbs and fiber.

Beaner beans(not the baked one with tomato sugar) are also pretty good and up there with chickpeas tho.

youre apparently unaware how common hummus is here.

Sounds like couscous.

Can you confirm?

couscous is pasta. theres a similar shaped pasta called Acina De Pepe that ive had which is ok.

I haven't had couscous, so I have no idea.

But they're not paleo :(

>americans eat hummus cause they saw it on kitchen nightmares and master chef so many times
>"duhhh chickpeas, wuz dat?"

Also americans rape their hummus with so much shit it's probably like 500 calories and 10g protein per container.

ive literally never once met an american who eats hummus that doesnt know its made from chickpeas.

Humus is great, but if you eat it the way its intended (with pita and olive oil) its not that Veeky Forums

They're good to throw into your meals for extra calories. Go really well in a chicken curry.

This shit makes me bloated af

> Acina De Pepe
> De Pepe
> Pepe

Hemp seeds are GOAT

Yea but it's awesome as a base in wraps instead of mayo or sauce. Grilled chicken + hummus + roasted peppers + paprika inside a wrap = god food. I literally have a 5 stack pyramid of individually wrapped wraps like these in my fridge right now. Fuck I'm going to eat one now

>he's so poor he needs his food to expand like one of those bathtub sponge dinosaurs

Kek

KEK

right babe?