Post Routines / Rate Routines

Post Routines / Rate Routines

Also, what are the benefits of switching from SL 5x5 to 3x5 or 3x3? Considering it because I don't have three hours to spend in the gym as school is starting in three weeks.

5x5, even at the end of the program, should not be taking you three damn hours. Drop to 3x5 if you like, but dropping again 3x3 or 1x5 is basically just masking a lack of progression.

Running this variation on SL (due to lower back injury).

Also, because the main lifts take so long I rarely even get a chance to do my accessory work (aside from the pull ups).

What app is that?
The paid for version of SL?

Nope, free Android app called 'Progression' it's actually quite good, and comes with a few preprogrammed workouts like SL and I think SS too.

I think you're right, but even if I take minimal rest on warm-up sets, it takes me like 90 minutes to get through the 5x5 and leaves with only 30 minutes for accessory work. I wanna be able to fit everything within 2 hours, thus why I wanted to switch to a 3x5.

thanks, already downloaded it and looks amazing

Stripped 5X5 is good, right? It was on the sticky.

A: 3x5 Back Squad , 3x5 Bench Press , 1x5 Deadlift, 3x5 Pendelay Rows.

B: 3x5 Front Squat , 3x5 OHP , 5x3 Power Cleans, 3x10 Barbell Curls.

C: 3xF Dips , 3xF Pull-Ups, Cardio 30 min

Interested in trying Hepburn for strength/size. Wondering what you guys think about it in general and also what my lifts should be at before starting it.

Monday:
Bench 8x2->3
Squat 8x2->3
Chinups 3xF

Tuesday:
OHP 8x2->3
Deadlift 5x2->3

Thursday:
Bench 8x2->3
Squat 8x2->3
Weighted Chinups 3x5-6

Friday:
OHP 8x2->3
Deadlift 5x2->3

The '->' indicates increasing reps until 8x2 becomes 8x3, then increasing the weight by 5-10 lbs and starting back at 8x2. Threw in chinups for upper back work because fuck rows. Cardio whenever, likely on off days

You're going to do, 8 sets, of 2 reps?

A
Back squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pull-ups (assisted for now) 3x8
Deadlifts (Heavy) 2x5
Bicep curls 2x8
Crunches 2x10

B
Back squat 3x5
Benchpress 3x5
Reverse flyes 3x8
Diverging seated row 3x8
Tricep pulldown 2x8
Deadlifts (light) 1x5
Crunches 2x10

Thinkin about it

Hey Veeky Forums just asking here because this seems like a good place to ask, is 300 pushups a day and some running for cardio a good routine to get myself back on the road to fitness, or am I going to damage my muscles/fuck myself up doing only pushups?

Never have I ever even - why?

What's a stripped 5x5

>too lazy to read sticky again

Nig

you will look like an ape, you need to do pull-ups too.

no one in my body building gym does these meme routines. anything other than BroSplit is shit.

enjoy NoGains(tm)

Good point, I'll work them in as well, but I suck at pull ups. Is it safe though? For my actual muscle development. I've heard of guys who ruined their future potential by growing certain muscles and neglecting other groups. I just want to work out at home and ignore the gym.

Cause this motherfucker did similar shit and he squatted 700+, benched 500, and deadlifted 800

>not having a home gym

Also, you don't know my goals are to bodybuild.

Are you planning on doing the same?

Don't wanna be as fat as him, but being strong as shit sounds pretty dope af

Ran his A Program for the last four months. For squat, progressed from 305x1x3, stalled at 345x1x7; did the pump routine along with it. Moving on to B Program today. As long as your volume floor increases from cycle to cycle, and you don't skimp on recovery and nutrition, you'll progress. Don't rush, be patient.

Rate

Just trying to keep it simple,. My squat is laughable so if any suggestions to add in assistance that will help. BBB front squats and BBB RDL I think going forward

I need to address lacking core strength but I don't really know how to train it specifically, besides gimpy situps

Pls respond

Rate my TM routine. I like BB rows but I dont know where to put them :/

Bump