Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums,

Around 2 months ago I started a lifestyle change when it became critical I do so or become pic related.

What I do:

Entirely new diet:
1 bell pepper, 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 avacado, 5 slices of cucumber, 5 baby carrots, 20 almonds (snack throughout day) half cup of plain boiled chicken breast. 30g protein shake after workout. (All in one day.) 3 drops of nascent iodine, and b-complex.

Half hour of cardio on a rowing machine 5 days a week, my microsoft band tracks my progress as roughly 750 carb/fat calories burned and puts my heart rate in the high range, and for the first month I feel as though I made progress.

I decided on month 2 to get a scale to track my progress, and this as of yesterday (Wednesday) was the 30 day weigh in mark for me.

In 30 days with my new diet and exercise, my weight loss was only 6lbs.

I'm not cheating on my diet at all, I've been balls out on this making sure I make the change stick. I don't feel as though that is enough weight loss, what am I doing wrong?

Clearly my body feels more honed, I feel a lot more fit concerning my muscles, but I thought progress would be faster.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8bwUk7ck54
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1.5lbs per week is already very fast. What did you expect? Fuck you and your immediate reward mind state.
>lifestyle change
Did you calculate how much you will have lost in a year if you keep losing this fast?
>lifestyle change
>a change that will last for my whole life
>losing fat at a speed of 360lb in 5 years is not enough
>I want to lose fat faster than 720 lb in 10 years
>despite the fact that I will keep this up for my whole life!

>In 30 days with my new diet and exercise, my weight loss was only 6lbs.

That's fine. That's more than 70 lbs in a year. Perfectly reasonable progression. But you need to adjust your caloric intake accordingly.

>avacado

confirmed for not making it

>What did you expect
Evidently something unrealistic, but you can go ahead and be a cunt about it.

>But you need to adjust your caloric intake accordingly
Accordingly to what?

Thanks for contributing nothing.

Skip the Protein Shakes for now and drink only Water and lots of it. Drink at least 1 gallon a day and gradually increase you cardio to walk/running up to 4-5 miles daily and the weight will drop fast

I work as a ground security coordinator at an airport, I'm already walking up to 5 miles a day within 8 hours time, given the mile walk to the airtrain and back every night.

I can drop the shake though and see where that leads me.

Accordingly with your weight loss. In 70lbs you'll have lower caloric needs, so you'll need to eat less to lose weight at the same rate.

You had your entire life to eat well, and you didn't. Don't expect all the weight to fall off now just because you want it to.

You didn't even read the OP did you?

Clearly I have a very low caloric intake. Thanks for acting like a dick though.

I didn't expect anything to happen overnight, I just expected more progress than I have made for the amount of effort I've put so far, if it's unrealistic simply saying so is enough instead of acting like a stupid cocksucker.

I came for /fit, but all I got was /b/.

It takes a lot of work to lose weight. If it were something you could do quickly, you wouldn't have gotten fat. 2 lbs a week is a reasonable goal.

>If it were something you could do quickly, you wouldn't have gotten fat.

That doesn't even make any sense dude, I'm sorry.

If exercising and dieting was quick I'd not have got fat with my previous lifestyle?

Clearly I'm putting a lot of work into what I'm doing, and the only thing I seem to be hearing is about how the rate is normal.

My asking is based on the fact I'm constantly seeing and hearing about people dropping 50+ lbs inside of 6 months, but evidently that must be something extreme and I am misguided.

cus you are building muscle at the same time you aren't going to shed weight as fast (it's a good thing)

I did suspect this as potential issue, so what I've been doing is avoiding the weights until I shed some of the fat off my body.

Does rowing really build a volume of muscle like that?

Drop the almonds
What is your actual weight?
You're not pushing yourself hard enough
Lift weights, cardio alone doesn't cut it
Good luck

I'm about 250lbs and I'm 6'4"

When I do my cardio I go to the point where I feel dizzy. I work a lot of hours so I can't completely kill myself. Will weights really increase my loss given they will leave me broken for a couple days after lifting?

Way to list all the irrelevant shit and completely ignore posting calories and macros, what the fuck are we supposed to figure out from what you've posted, that you're an idiot? Fuck off

Read the sticky.

>macros

Whatever the fuck that is.

Yeah man next time I come in ignorant to how to do things right, I'll make sure to become a fucking expert before asking a bunch of retards.

No.

I can make a post asking for advise without needing to research shit in detail prior to doing so.

What the fuck else would you even have this place if you want to just shine on someone who wants help.

Get fucked.

>Yeah man next time I come in ignorant to how to do things right, I'll make sure to become a fucking expert before asking a bunch of retards.

You could've had all this information by reading the sticky.

It's not being a fucking expert you retard, an expert would be talking about maximizing results with fancy fucking things like carb depletion and cycling or something else, it's literally the most basic thing. If you haven't bothered to look it up you aren't willing to put in effort and you're going to fail, so just fuck off.

Right, I came here with absolutely no knowledge of these things.

That's why I came.

What is hard to understand about that?

Maybe instead of being vicious cunts you could explain this macro bullshit and guide me in the right direction instead of spewing utter bullshit.

Or just shrugging me off by saying "Go use google, go read sticky, go research yourself, we don't have time to teach you, but we have time to post asshole comments."

But you did give us useless info.
You didn't even include your height and weight in the op.

Nobody expects a new person to be an expert, but they do expect you to be respectful by reading the sticky before you post and not being defensive when they ask for more information to give you better advice.

It's no ones fault here that you didn't do research despite having the entirety of human knowledge at your fingertips. You are not a snowflake, we owe you nothing.

If all you are going to do is bitch to us about how you're not losing enough, even though you've put in almost no time to become knowledgable on the subject yourself, then the help you are going to get from here is minuscule.

Or you could learn about it yourself by reading the sticky.

Why is your education on the subject our responsibility when you haven't made any effort to become on your own?

You're not gonna make it.

If you're going to be retarded then don't get upset when people call you out on it.
Read up on basic shit before asking things, learn to use google, or better yet read the fucking sticky, you retard.

>You didn't even include your height and weight in the op.

No, I didn't, but someone asked for it, I gave it. Sorry if that rattled you.

>being defensive when they ask for more information to give you better advice.

Literally nobody did this where I was defensive, please read the thread.

>It's no ones fault here that you didn't do research
I didn't blame anyone for not doing research, I didn't do any because I felt perhaps someone here would have liked to lend me a hand in the right direction based on personal experience.

>If all you are going to do is bitch to us

Literally all I did was ask for help and you acted like cunts, read the thread.

If I wanted to research myself aimlessly I wouldn't have come to a forum asking individuals for advise.

>If you're going to be retarded then don't get upset when people call you out on it.

Literally all I did was ask for help and you people huehuehue'd at me.

Only morbidly obese people or people who are basically starving themselves (not healthy, in case it wasn't obvious) can drop weight that quickly.

Yeah man I watch that show "My 600lb life" and they seem to drop ungodly amounts of weight in short amounts of time.

I suspect its because they burn more calories daily than I would, but what I'm hearing so far is that my progress is pretty normal and healthy for what I'm getting.

Aside from the bullshit in the thread my question was more or less answered, however I had hoped for some insight instead of what I actually got being so negative.

We called you retarded because you didn't even spend 10 minutes doing the most basic research, or reading the fucking sticky. You want to be spoon fend information because you're too fucking lazy to look up yourself. You aren't going to lose weight, just fuck off, /r9k/ might be more your style.

>spend 10 minutes doing the most basic research

No I didn't do any research, I wasn't aware this was a requirement to not be called a retard for asking for help in a place where peer to peer communication is key.

Way to be positive, it would be easier for you to just say "I don't know" instead of act like a cunt.

Yeah sorry about that, it's just that Veeky Forums is spammed with similar questions all day long from people who haven't read the sticky throughly.

People get a little jaded when they see similar questions pop up all the time.

I did read the thread and so far everyone's told you to read the sticky.
And you refuse to do so.

Despite the fact that the sticky is a organized and compiled index to beginning weight loss that answers about 95% of all beginner weightloss questions.
It's all there, easy to read, organized and simple enough without too much jargon.

You're just too lazy to read it.
And you want others who have to tell you what to do, even though it's literally at your fingertips. It is not aimless research. it is literally a one stop shop for what you need to know to better yourself.

I guess that's why you got fat.
the only one acting like a cunt is you.
It's pretty pathetic to be honest.

I'll go somewhere else then man, the hostility is bullshit when I'm trying to just get help.

Thanks for your words man.

>being this much of a faggot lazy shit
>not putting a minimal effort of reading the fucking sticy
>never gonna make kys

all I'm seeing from you is "Go do your own research, we don't want to engage you."

I didn't come to read a bunch of stickied bullshit I walked to have a discussion with my peers, but evidently you're just assholes.

Yes run away from the truth back to your hug box.

Sure thing, I'll try a forum where they actually care about helping people.

>hey guise I'm a lazy cunt so just do the work for me and repeat what is written in the sticky

fuck off moron

The sticky isn't "aimless research", its the most concise, simplistic, no-nonsense weight loss/muscle building information compendium available.

If you'd even glanced at it you'd fucking know that. There are also "questions that don't deserve their own thread" threads, which, if you'd lurked for more than five minutes would know are a more appropriate place for this dumbass question you fat useless fuck

Please kill yourself, you aren't going to make it.

yeah it's too bad people don't a websites that answer frequently asked questions, possibly putting all the information you could want into a sticky of some sorts so you wouldn't have to even ask people, you could just read it.

How is reading a list of links doing "research"? You aren't even searching for it on your own. It's found. It's there. It's organized and easy to follow.

Everyone is saying your answers are in the sticky.

And you are refusing to read it because someone won't just tell you what it says.

Literally 2 clicks from your mouse is all the answers to you questions and you are refusing to find them because you have to read it yourself.

If that's too much effort for you then you really aren't making a lot of effort.
You really are super fucking lazy.

>Wasting everyone's time and board space asking the most retarded noonish questions

>S-stop bullying me!

It's right at the top of the board, are you so blind you didn't notice? Or is your browser just really bloated you can't see the sticky. It says it right there. Read it before starting a thread.

We'll engage you once you have a decent baseline we can work with. That's what the sticky is for.

good luck on your exactly 5 slices of cucumber and half a cup of boiled chicken breast diet user :)

Yes they will, cardio burns for the duration of the excersice, weight lifting burns while the body repairs which can go up to 48 hours.

Initially you won't see a huge weight loss as you are not obese however after a couple of months as you put on muscles your body will burn more calories to sustain those muscles. That's is assuming you do progressive weight lifting and you are consistent.

Diet is the major factor but excersice will push you towards decent weight loss. Again cardio on its own is a waste of time as it doesn't burn much to begin with and your body adapts to be more efficient hence burns even less.

we only help dyel's your not even that yet user... never gonna make it

Not him, but stop getting so butthurt, you fat fucking faggot. Is this your first day here? Keep up what you're doing, the rate at which you're losing weight is great. It takes hard work and patience to get fit, and you're already seeing results, so strap yourself the fuck in and keep going.

Actually you ARE required to read the sticky before starting a stupid thread like this. Reason being that you can get every answer you asked for without shitting the forum up with a pointless thread.

Surprised the thread hasn't already been deleted to be honest.

OP THE problem we have here is that you came in here asking questions that are answered in the sticky. The sticky was made for the express purposes of educating individuals like yourself. It was made because we had dozens of threads asking the same questions over and over again. If you're serious about losing weight then you need to educate yourself, so take some time and read the sticky. Then come back if you need specific clarifications.

also lift weights for god's sake the sticky will give you some advice on that.

>Almonds

Enjoy your PUFA

You wanna lose weight faster faggot? Then eat only 200 calories a day and do tons of exercise. Stop bitching on Veeky Forums about how 1.5 lbs/week isn't fast enough. That's the only way to do it, eat less. There's no "special trick" to make you lose """"50 lbs in 6 months""""

youtube.com/watch?v=I8bwUk7ck54

OP here are all the answers you want