How bad is beer for gains and weight loss...

How bad is beer for gains and weight loss? I'm cutting currently and still drinking 12 beers a day but I've just lowered my food intake so I still have room for beers

Is there something else in the beer that makes it hard to lose weight or are all calories the same?

Aside from the fiber

All of those 'bad' calories will not be efficiently spent

12 a day?! Dude, no way your gonna lose weight, unless you eat little to no food. Give it up, drunkard

I like drinking so I'd rather not stop but i do all my drinking after 3pm

Jesus christ you're taking in like 1500 calories just from beer...... how fat are you and how long been doing this?

drink 6 beers at double strength....cuts your calories by about 60%

I'm not a doctor but from personal experience you will hit a brick wall in the 15% body fat range that will be totally impossible to go under no matter how little you eat without giving up the booze. I was never at 12 beers a day, that shit is insane, but I was at 6-8 for a long time. Find something fun to do instead of drinking and try to realize while you're drunk how little fun it is and how you'd rather be doing something else.

If it's after 3pm it's ok, dude. Don't listen to these faggots.
Basically everything you do past 2pm is free, because your metabolism is so fast then that you can eat or drink anything, it won't matter at all.

There's nothing to do where I live except drink and everyone drinks heavily here man

Beer is highly estrogenic lol are you seriously drinking that shit?

I always find it funny how beer is looked at by society as a "man" thing, yet it's actually anti-man

>drinking 12 beers a day
>Is there something else in the beer that makes it hard to lose weight or are all calories the same?

Have you tried not being an alcoholic retard?

Seriously, scale back your drinking. Drinking daily is not normal and is fucking up your body in more ways than making it hard to lose weight.

It also fucks up your perspective on life in general, and causes you to be surrounded by unproductive people.

Wisconsin?

12 a day is basically alcoholism mate... please get help

>no one's addressing the elephant in the room
You're an alcoholic, stop drinking so damn much.

Real men have too much test and beer balances it out so they don't go around beating the shit out of everyone that even looks at them funny

Nope Hornpayne Ontario

I honestly don't think I can name anyone except children who don't drink at least a few drinks a day, even my 84 year old grandpa drinks a fifth of whisky a day

It's abnormal to not drink everyday

You must be young. Come back at 30 or later and talk to us, also post pics of your man tits for fap material.

OP here and even I know that's BS

Like everything in life moderation is the key.

>beer
>alcoholic

If he was drinking vodka from the time he woke up till he passed out he would be an alcoholic. Beer is just something adults drink to relax after work and 12 isn't that many unless they're high potency beers and even then they're only like 9%

I don't mean to sound preachy here user, so sorry if I do.

But from experience I know this. Once I stopped drinking so much and stopped hanging out with my friends who drank all the time I first started seeing how mutually destructive those relationships were, and how people really weren't who I thought they were. I used to keep hanging out with them because I thought there was nothing else to do, but once I wasn't drinking and hanging out with other people that all they did was drink, I started finding other stuff to do that I hadn't considered before. I started meeting people who did other stuff because they weren't just drinking all the time, which led me to meet other people who did other things. I look back and can't believe I wasted all that time hanging out with drunks and being a drunk.

I still drink, but maybe once a month I'll even find the time or a reason to. And when I do I don't drink more than a six pack unless it's a holiday.

Yes yes we have all heard the "everything is fine in moderation" line. But here's an idea, why not benefit from just avoiding harmful stuff altogether? Then you're ahead of the game.

Bro get some Miller 64 (12 beers=750ish calories) or some Budweiser select which would be even lower calories.

Sounds like Hicktown.

A nice healthy city will have plenty of activities in the day.

Heeck, I'm gonna play Chess at Snakes and Lattes just now.

Then start drinking straigt hard liquor if the buzz is what you're after. Would be less calories in the long run.

Iktf bro I used to be like OP and get pretty drunk everyday and shit faced on weekends and I realized the people I hungout with were people who literally did nothing for a hobby except get drunk and smoke cigarettes

>tfw slowed down on drinking because weight gain
>tfw turned into more of an exercise addiction
>tfw lost weight and mentally much better than when I was drunk everyday

It kind of is there's 1200 people who live here

Being an alcoholic may be normal for your trailer park, but it's not normal for most places. It's also objectively bad for your health no matter how acceptable it is in your local community.

>It's abnormal to not drink everyday
No user, it's fucking not. You're out of your fucking mind if you think it's normal to drink every day, never mind 12 beers a day. I don't care what your retired dementia-riddled grandpa and your alcoholic friends and family do, it's not normal. Is this bait? If so, it worked.

No I'm not joking I don't know anyone who doesn't like to have drinks everyday. I drink a few more a day than most people I know but most people have 6-8 per day

>I drink a few more a day than most people I know but most people have 6-8 per day
There's a name for such a thing user, it's called alcoholism.

it's kind if disturbing when you realize that your friends are only your friends because you both like getting wasted everyday

I'm glad I cut down drastically and now only see them once or twice a month instead of getting drunk everyday

You gotta get in check bro. I lowered mine to like 2 or 3 a night. Drink water throughout the day. It helps me not drink a bunch of beer. Or just switch to the liquor

Well I guess everyone's an alcoholic then and I'm a "severe" alcoholic compared to you city slickers

How do you deal with taht

We know you're not joking when you say it's abnormal not to drink in _your community_. We are saying it's abnormal to drink like that _for humanity in general_.

Humanity must be pretty fucking boring than man

Because I enjoy some nice cold beers after a hard weeks work. Sorry I cant live like a monk

This

I replaced my excessive alcohol drinking with exercise and coffee and water. You can quit OP but in your town it sounds impossible

How do you get up in the morning and go to work? Where do you live where this is normal?

I drink 10 tallboy beers a day and I'm 6 feet tall and 250 lbs and need to quit before I become a full out land whale

>Hornpayne, Ontario
That explains it. Rural, northern Ontario, probably full of natives.
Alcoholism is a way of life for you people, even more than it is for my people (Newfoundlander here) because we actually use it to celebrate, instead of to forget how shitty our lives are.

>compared to you city slickers

Don't make it an "us vs them" thing to make yourself feel better about it. Don't use living in a backwater as an excuse to ignore everything that is well known and understood about the effects of alcohol on the mind and body.

Hornpayne ontario and I don't get hangovers unless I drink 12+ beers and shots of hard liquor all night and I work at a railway station

Yeah I'm 5'10" 185 and its too fat for my liking

>city slickers
>implying
I live in the suburbs, granted that it's not in the US but I don't think this matters.
Everyone likes a beer once in a while user. Some of my friends drink one when they get home after a long day of work, but they're the exception rather than the rule. And sure, everyone likes drinking on the weekends. But drinking every single day, and especially up to 12 beers, that's not fucking normal. Get that through your thick skull. It has nothing to do with anyone being from the city.

By drinking, obviously

Deal with what?

Hahaha bunch a straight edge pussyfaggots in this thread.

What's the point of being fit if you're not having fun? Keep crushin em OP. However, scientifically speaking, if you wanna lose weight you should probably switch to Vodka sodas. Sorry Bro.

This. 12 beer a day is overkill on the boozing

Fuck it.

OP comes in and admits he's not getting what he wants out of his body. Veeky Forums tells him why. OP defends his poor choices.

And nothing of value was lost.

>2016
>not drinking scotch

do you wanna make it or not

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you

This. OP was a faggot once again. A trailerpark faggot at that.

or just piss in some tap water and drink it.

OP, what's your diet like other than drinking? How do you fit in enough food to get full around your alcohol calories?

You sound like a disgusting hippie fag

I Kek'd

>Mfw I nearly died lifting drunk cause I was benching 150 KG without a spotter and it fell on my chin

Hippies smoke weed because alcohol is too destructive for those betacucks

Huge diffrence between living like a monk and just avoiding bad habits. Instead of beer, just drink a nice cold glass of water. Sounds retarded, but drink enough water and your body will crave it after working hard.

>city slickers
I'm as rural as it gets and I only drink a few times a year

I used to drink a lot too, I recently started taking Oxys or even a little heroin (never shot) to stiffle those cravings and avoid calories. works great OP try it!

alright faggots lets say a bulking person drinks 2 drinks a day, would that be enough to hamper muscle growth to a decent degree? what about 3 drinks a day?

No. I've been making consistent gains for a year and a half while have a few drinks a night. As long as you're not getting black out drunk frequently, a couple drinks is fine

seriously? shit ive got it all wrong then...

If you follow his advice, then you definitely got it all wrong.

It's usually said that as long as you hit your calorie and protein goals you are set to build muscle. Are calories coming from alcohol some sort of exception here?

Alcoholic here. Drop the beer and you will lean up quicker than you thought possible and feel amazing after a couple weeks.

Or don't, be fat, and never get strong with shitty recovery.

I bounce between them, it's a shitty life.

give me a second opinion then instead of just shit-talking, is there any way to reasonably guess at the percentage of your expected gains you would lose through having a few drinks now and then? any kind of research that you know that can give me some kind of picture for how much potential gains will be lost? hell, ill take circumstantial personal experiences, just give me information damnit i would want to know if say for example having one night a week of 3 drinks in one day will impact gains any more than a miniscule essentially nonexistent difference. just trying to plan out the next few years of lifting/life

>give me a second opinion then instead of just shit-talking

Youre absolutely right man, I apologise. Well im no expert or anything, but it appears to me that the majority of people on this site, are more concerned with calorie counting then what is actually going into their body and how their body is using what they have just consumed.

I personally believe beer contains enough estrogen to be pretty dangerous, especially to someone like yourself(a man) who is clearly trying to better himself, and be healthy, correct?

Anyway, I will have to look more into it as its been a while since reading up on it, but hops are the female flowers of the hop plants and have high levels of phytoestrogen(estrogen for plants), aside from that with beer you get lactic acid, undigestible starch residues, yeast toxins etc.

The people defending beer here, like beer, simple. And theres nothing wrong with that, to each his own, but you asked.

If you are young, you wont notice any effect but as you get older and I am sure there are some on this site right now who can tell you, but you will notice the change, and its not what you want.

Bottom line, if you want optimal health, just dont bother with beer. If you dont care too much and just want to drink it then drink it, but understand what it is and what its doing.

Goodluck bro

If there were calories and protein in Antifreeze you could see why it might not be a good idea to drink it, right? A 12 pack a day habit and the alcohol in his system is going to be shitting up his insides and his mind, so even if his calorie counting is spot on he's developing other problems that are going to fuck with his long term goals.

Drink vodka instead of beer

This. I am not too keen on drinking much these days, but if I was to drink, I would drink a nice potato vodka, with orange juice maybe(screwdriver), or maybe rum(made from sugar). Things your body actually knows how to metabolize and use as energy. (carbohydrates)

Something to think about OP. But definitely do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Beer is horrible for weight loss unless you're a cardio fag, since it's literally just carbs and blood thinners.
You're drinking more than 1.8k calories a day.
Beer gut is in your future.

Reminder that OP is very likely to develop cirrhosis :)

>vodka
>pure sugar
>adding shit to your drinks

Fuck that, just drink whiskey or tequila.
The amount of alcohol in either means you'll get fucked up way before you could consume over 1k calories.
With vodka he will just end up drinking just below the calories of beer and not even be that drunk.

what

Switch to straight vodka. Better drunk to calorie ratio.
Beer has way too many.

thanks for the informative post bro. as soon as my back heals up and i get lifting again i wont drink beer anymore, thats an easy swap for me.

still curious about the literal muscle development inhibiting properties of alcohol though. seems to me like everything thrown around on this website is people just guessing at how many drinks it takes to hurt gains by a noticeable amount. alcohol is sadly very important for social purposes and even just networking... so im trying to figure out a weekly allotment, some low number of drinks to shoot for that isnt enough to hurt gains by more than a tiny amount

This but if you're trying to lose weight quitting drinking all together for a while is your best option

I wouldn't worry about it unless you drink like OP

Very bad you retard

What do you think phytoestrogens do?

Whats the point of one drink a fucking day?
You don't even get a buzz off that.

You have to binge drink to even feel anything.

alright cool

Calories in, calories out. One can of beer is like 150 calories. Your TDEE is probably somewhere between 2000-2500, and so obviously you'll need to drop 500 calories from that in order to lose a pound a week. Do the math, and keep in mind you still need a certain amount of protein and such.

>he fell for the sugar is bad for you meme

Dude, its literally a macro nutrient that you need!

The body does best burning sugar. If you stop getting carbohydrates, either in the form of sugar or starch, then the thyroid and metabolism slow down to try and reserve energy. You then release a bunch of protective stress hormones.

These protective stress hormones, like cortisol and adrenalin, protect you in the sense that you don't die when you stop eating sugar, but they also cause their own problems like breaking down muscle for sugar (protein can be turned to sugar via gluconeogenesis). Yes your body will eat its muscle just to get sugar. Your metabolism slows down because it doesn't want you to burn through your muscle too fast.

Perhaps you should stop getting your health facts from your People magazine articles and learn some biology.

This

If I don't have at least 6 drinks it's not even worth drinking at all

>alcohol is sadly very important for social purposes and even just networking

Hold on to your drink more than you actually drink it. Take smaller drinks when you do drink it. Buy drinks with lower percentage of alcohol. Buy smaller quantities so that when you run out you have an excuse to stop or to leave. Drink mixed drinks, and use more mixer than alcohol. When you feel yourself getting buzzed back off until it goes away.

give you gyno obviously

>cutting
>drinking 12 beers a day

Pick one

>Alcoholics in denial

Lol this. Even 6 beer a day is a little much when losing weight

get a hobby Jesus Christ

Well if you want to lose weight, keep it up, because at this pace you'll be a corpse soon enough.

Hell yeah, how much piss? Just enough for color or what?

>take continued massive doses of x and it's bad for you!

No fucking shit.

I just googled your town and now I understand why you drink 12 beers a day. Can you get out of there, OP?