PPL is shit, fuck you for suggesting it

This is what you get on PPL.
>small arms
>tiny shoulders
>well developed chest

yea fuck all you fags for suggesting this crap, shittiest split I've ever tried.

INB4 diet and sleep are bad. All that is on point.

Yea the bench press went up. Yea the deadlift and rowing went up. But who lifts for numbers. It's all about fuckin aesthetics mane.

Been on a bro split previously for 8 months, brand new lifter, have made amazing progress.

Since being on PPL, my arms have shrunk and my shoulders are smaller.
PPLPPLx is only good for people on the juice.
Natty lifters need all the direct shoulder and arm work they can get for them to grow into proportion.

>pic related, it's a non aspie who did a proper split.

Veeky Forums has this scheme against brosplits because nobody wants to see others succeed

well meme'd my friend
Shitposting aside, PPL is my favourite split, and the only problem with it is, that I'm hard pressed to find an alternative every few months, to change my routine up a bit
In case OP's post is actually true, do more accessory exercises, if for example on push day you do 2 types of pushing movements for your chest and one for your arms, your triceps have already been working, adding on top of that 2 more variations of triceps extensions and your triss will be sore as fuck the next day, ergo they will grow

meant one pushing movement for your shoulders, not arms

nigga I close grip bench press 205 for reps, 2 sets is all I need after a Push day. 12 body fat u mirin?

I'm only WONDERING how much I can actually do if they're not pre fatigued from this shit split.

Ain't no meme friend, only meme here is PPL as a viable split for natty liftans.

Look up Damien Patrick on Jewtube, he juices hardcore and swears by PPL. But I'm pretty sure that nigga is closet BroSplit.

What's a brosplit? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the memez

Can confirm my chest exploded on PPL. Then my back exploded on PHAT. Now I'm much more well-rounded on modified PHUL.

Example

Chest
Back
Legs
shoulders
Arms

And also wtf mean PPL? Stop using acronyms you chimp cuck

>new lifter
>starts brosplit
got me here's a you

post routine plz?

Maybe if you weren't retarded, you'd know what these acronyms mean.
PPL means Push/Pull/Legs or Pull/Push/Legs.

>nigga I close grip bench press 205 for reps, 2 sets is all I need after a Push day. 12 body fat u mirin?
Yes, if you are a grill, but pretty sure you are just a DYEL

Thanks mate. I'm new here, started a while ago

That's pretty good for a new lifter.

discuss PPL (push, pull, legs)

IMHO it is good for everyone except pro level competitors. Great frequency without overlapping/doing same muscle 2 days in a row like single body part splits. I've been doing it for a year and made food progress. It is easily customized and makes switching up exercises based on how you feel very essy. Good for strength and aesthetics, can be an amazing program for almost any goal. I also like that it's more a template than a program, and teaches you how to make your own workouts, which is extremely important cuz "one size fits all" programs are retarded.

However the one problems is arms. Triceps with chest And shoulders, back with biceps. If you work out 6 days a week, you only work arms twice. For this reason I've created my own thing.

PPLA (Push, pull, legs, aesthetics)

On my A day I do:

Forearms
Calves
Bicep/tricep
Abs and obliques

These muscles need to be hit Very often to grow. My chest and back have developed great, but abs arms and calves suck.

Within a month of doing this my weak points are noticeably better. Usually do PPLAxPPLAx to give arms a rest before push ands pull.

Even for natty folk this won't overwork.. as long as you eat a ton, learn what volume, intensity, and length is best for you. Did this natty for 9 months never less than 5 days a week. Never burned out. For the last 5 or so months ive been on 500-750 test cyp/week snd holy shit the frequency is blowing me up.

This could also somewhat be applied to PHUL in a similar manner. I like PHUL for the same reasons, I just dont like that you can overwork/do the same muscle days in a row if you don't pay attention.

I always thought "arm day" was a meme for curlbros but unless you have genetically gifted arms, you will probably need to work arms 3-4x/week.

Another option here is to do /push+biceps/legs+abs/pull+triceps/ rest/, repeat as this is basically the same idea, just split up the A day and put the exercises in the ideal day for adequate rest period.

Here's a quick example

Push:

-Bb flat bench 5x5 heavy
-db incline 4x8
-Dip-machine 3x10
-chest fly 3x10
-Lateral raise 4x12
-tricep extension 4x10
-Decline dB 5x5 heavy
-finisher superset tricep pushdowns with cable flies starting low ending high 3x12 lightweight each

Pull:
-bent over row 3x10
-lat pulldown (concentrate on adduction Rather than hyperextension for lats) 4x8
-Db row 4x8
-cable back fly, high to low, concentrate on traps 3x12 lightweight
-mschine curls 3x10
-row machine upper back 3x10
-row machine lats 3x10
-finisher superset curls and -mschine pullover 3x12 lightweight

Legs:
-Squat 5x5 hwavy
-Calf raise 4x12
-diddly 5x5 heavy
-hamstring -machine curl 3x10
-leg extension 3x10
-good morning 4x8 lightweight
-finisher superset squat machine 5x5 with seated calf raise 4x12

Aesthetics:
-reverse curls 3x10
-tricep pushdown 3x10
-calf raise 3x10
-plate press (abs) 4x8 heavy
-mschine crunches 4x15 lightweight
-forearm curl top and bottom 3x12 per arm per side alternating top bottom
-superset Machine curls and skill crushers 4x12

I do a dickload of volume. It works well for me. It may not for you

>5x5 deadlift
>"heavy"
>on the same day of squats
>AFTER squats

>finishing this workout with 5x5 of MORE squats supersetted with calf raises when your calves will be shot and make no gains at all

fucking
what
do calf raises first
do squats second
do deadlift on pull day
alternate 1x5+ deadlift with pendlay row

i'm not even going to comment on how awful the rest of this is

>Monday: Upper heavy
Bench 3x5
Weighted dips 3x6-10
Barbell row 3x5
Weighted pull ups 3x6-10
OHP 3x5
Barbell curls 3x6-10
DB skullcrushers 3x6-10
Maybe 2 sets of farmer's walks if I'm feeling cool.

I try to do OHP after rowing since the pump in my forearms severely limits my ROM on the OHP.

>Tuesday: lower heavy
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5, includes 2 warm up sets at 70-80% of 1x5 working set
Calf raises on staircase 4x15
Weighted hanging leg raises 3x8-12
Landmine 180s 3x6-10
Weighted ab rollout 3x6-10

>Wednesday: 30 minutes of running

>Thursday: upper hypertrophy
Incline DB bench 4x8-12
Flat flies 3x8-12
Row 4x8-12
Meadow or DB row 3x8-12
Face pulls superset with lateral raises 4x8-12
Hammer curls 4x8-12
OH extension 4x8-12
DB skullcrushers superset with concentration curls 3x8-12

>Friday: lower hypertrophy
Front squat 4x8-12
Lunges 3x8-12
RDL 3x8-12
Calf raises 4x15
Cable crunches 4x15
Hanging leg raises to bar 3x8-12
Hanging windmill 3x8-12
Dragon flag raises 3x8

>Saturday: 30 minutes of cardio

>Sunday: nothing, mow lawn, wash car

I would say the upper workouts take 1 to 1.25 hours
Lower workouts take 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I do Limber 11 as warm up on lower days and the same dude's upper body routine for upper day warm ups. Then plank/body line work routine on MWF in pic related.

Faggot I do PPL too and have massive arms (42cm) and good shoulders while my chest is lacking like shit. Its genetics you dense fuck

Post body nigga

I like high volume. Squat and diddly on same day works for me. I have a crazy work schedule and I work on my feet so I only have one day for legs to be recovering.

If you can only handle one compound movent on leg day, time to change your shit up, man up

Weighted dips are chest variation, leaning forward FYI.

If you can prove you've made considerably better progress in the time frame that I have, I will find the internet in person and est my post

This user kinda gets it. It's all about the template, guidelines sort of. However I call it push pull legs upper with arms being done twice a week with extra isolations.

>152.5 bp
>205 squat
>245 deadlift. Kg ofc

Nice breh I do something similr to you.

PAPALxx

A days are just like yours except i focus on bis one day and tris the other. I also throw 30 mins of cardio in on A days.

Nice stats my man (I'm assuming kg not lbs?)how long you been lifting?

I think every program beyond the first 3-5 months or so should be "template" style. Like do SS for 3 months, start PPL and add in a new exercise every month or so

Could you explain how PHUL can work the same muscles in a row if you're not paying attention?
I get how maybe the back work the day before deadlifting and maybe some tired forearms could interfere, but I don't see any other issues. I haven't had any so far.

Yea like I said some weeks if I'm feeling tired I'll just do tris with back+ bi, do legs or rest day, then do tri+chest and bis.

Imho doing that isn't really different than "PPLA"

I love that you can turn PPL into high intensity, low volume/length powerlifting, or the exact opposite for aesthetics, or any combination, and it will work. Very few programs are so adaptable.

Well even PPL has some overlap, mostly forearms are used for everything. Traps are used on push and pull days.

But PHUL depends on the style. (power + hypertrophy, upper + lower) can have you doing full body type stuff on hypertrophy and power days. Some people do:

Hypertrophy (lower only)
Hypertrophy (upper only)
Power (lower only)
Power (upper only)
Upper
Lower

That way makes more sense to me, basically PU/PL/HU/HL/U/L. But some people literally do PHULxx for example and that's a ton of overlap not enough recovery

Mine goes
Power upper
Power lower
Cardio
Upper hypertrophy
Lower hypertrophy
Cardio
Off

I find this works best for me.

By the way guys.. I feel retarded for asking this but there are a few different guys in my gym doing what they call "PHUL" a few of them do literally PxHxUxLx and a few of them do what described above PU/PL/HU/HL/ basically. I always thought the second way made more sense but I've seen many more people doing the first way.

That ain't bad man. I like it. Do you do any extra arms or abs? Or do you have good genetics and only need one or two arm workouts a week?

They are kilograms yeah. I've been lifting since 2011, but that includes 3 years Royal Marines so a ton of cardio and no gains. Lifting for nationals atm, two days ago I smashed a meet. Getting sponsored by my gym and I get free supplements from body&fit and myprotein#feelsgood

>well developed chest
>tfw chest is lagging behind
Guess who's gonna try a PPL

do some curls extensions and delt raises at the end of every training

there, fixed

I just lift, honestly. I don't think I have good arm genetics, but they continue to get bigger and stronger with only two sessions a week. They're not huge by any means but people say they're pretty big even when my work uniform covers my entire upper arm. Abs I just train heavy and do fancy bodyweight exercises for those. I'm bulking and eating a lot right now but they're still kind of visible when not flexing.
This is the most recent picture I have of my arms. They might look a little small because of the picture. I don't know though, I think they're all right.
>inb4 tiny wrists
>inb4 tiny hands

Mac mode achieved

What.

>did PPL
>everyone compliments my shoulders and traps
>gf always feeling my chest

I do think my arms a bit small though, the bicep everything else is well cut from drumming for 20 + years

Looking solid bro but try working out while you're bulking it will help you get actual muscles instead of just being fat.

M.A.C. MODE INITIALIZED

did ppl for like 6 months and I got wider shoulders, bigger arms but chest didn't evolve into glorious pectorals although numbers went up.
Got bigger chest when I trained mma tho.

For everyone that says you can't grow pecs

Inb4 dyel

I think it's the lighting and the shirt that make me look fat, senpai.
No fat person can run a 5:30 mile.
>tfw your stats go by mile times

I don't understand how stupid you must be to follow a routine you don't see working for you. Dude if your arms are small get some accesories, how dumb are you fucks ?

>lookup a new routine to try
>PPL
>give it 2 weeks
>don't see immediate results
>give up

You're an idiot mate. Do the world a favor and kill yourself. Polluting the gene pool.

I never said anything about time.
>XDDD LE KILL URSELF DUDE
So edgy, so unique, just plain epic...

Holy crap you're an idiot.

this

get a different haircut man

we can tell.

Yeah man so fucking dumb wanting to switch routines if they don't work for you !

agreed

Im lifting 4 days a week now and didnt come up with a routine for 5 but ur idea is great, basically ppluxfx, i think ill try that

Nice man. Those are good stats.

Weight/height?

Stop posting if you're new and ignorant

Hard to tell in comparison to the rest of your body with a shirt on but those arent bad. I think 75% of people could do extra arms for both strength and aesthetics as they grow crazy slow but are usually the limiting factor in pushing and pulling strength.

Whats up with all these dudes wearing shirts

Makes it hard to tell size and definition.

Idk what post you're referring to but I posted a lot of shit about evening out arms, and many people said similar stuff in response.

Umad curlbros?

Glad I can help my man.

In my mind everyone develops so differently, you need an easily adaptable program that can encompass a huge variety of styles so you can concentrate in bringing up weaknesses without neglecting any part of your body.

Hope it works well. We're all gonna make it brofags.

Lurking is important but so is accepting the next generation. We need to pass on knowledge and erase broscience . Being dicks to noobs will just make them leave, or worse, give up on lifting.

If I can post something that inspires even one person to start lifting, or get one DYEL to drop his single body part bro split for PPL or SS, I will be happy.

Maybe that noob some day will become your favorite BBer or powerlifter. Maybe he will be the one to make BB popular and beautiful again.

It doesn't take much effort to inspire. But it can change someone's life.

I did, wore a cap today tho.
97 kilo, 190 cm

Here's one in a tanktop from a few weeks back

I've been on a PPLx for a month now and it feels great

try this at the end of your push day
>super set tricep extensions with close grip bench
>push yourself hard (last set you should start feeling pain, push through it)
>remember negatives are important so dont rush through the negative (on the the last few i like to hold it for a count of 5)

now try this on pull day for your biceps
>load a lot on a curl bar or barbell and do cheat curls
>hold it at the top for a second then slow it down as much as you can on the way down (negatives are even more important for this)
>jump on a pull up bar and do a negative chin up for as long as you can

also if you have some energy left on push day i like burnouts with dips

if you have energy left on pull day i like burnouts with chin ups

If you have energy left on a pull day, you're not doing a good pull routine

For that weight those are some decent lifts. Not bad symmetry either, from what I can see

Keep it up

Some, like me, condition themselves (on purpose or just from pushing limits) where it takes a dickload of volume to get tired. I can go really heavy, do 4 compounds and 2 isolation and still be ready for a burnout/finishers. You shouldn't go till you can barely move Everytime... but shit that pump just feels so good.