Please redpill me on eggs. Are they Veeky Forums approved or not?

Please redpill me on eggs. Are they Veeky Forums approved or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nZPulhmNEDs
youtube.com/watch?v=vBtfzd43t8o
ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1245349/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012
nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684
nutritionfacts.org
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/04/25/saturated-fat-finally-vindicated.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6142348/
nutritionfactsorg.s3.amazonaws.com/how-not-to-die-preface.pdf?utm_source=NutritionFacts.org&utm_campaign=a5cc779226-Volume 32&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_40f9e497d1-a5cc779226-24386945
satyamag.com/sept05/greger.html
mobile.journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/_layouts/15/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=2006&issue=01000&article=00004#ath
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2579593/
heartfoundation.org.nz/uploads/Nutrition_evidence_paper_eggs_1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I eat 4 with my oats every morning. I'm still alive but my cholesterol could be through the roof. My insurance kicked in on the 1st of August so I'm getting my blood tests soon and I'll report back.

I eat 3 eggs every day with two slices of toast, eggs are fucking sick bro

I cut out stuffed my face with eggs and meat before I went vegan. My cholesterol still went down because I was losing weight. Talk with your doctor about it.

I eat 4 every day
but without the yellow part
it tastes like nothing but it's part of my diet plan so,...

never forget the yellow part if you want it to taste good

is milk bad if you want to live a long life ?

EAT EGGS

EAT THE YOLKS

Meme question. Eat all you want.

Best not to eat the yolks

stfu you absolute mongoloid

literally the worst advice one can give about eggs. Like it's literally better to tell someone to lick an egg fresh out of a chicken's butthole.

>triggered

Why?

because there's no reason to not eat the yolk unless you're on a cut and want to curb every calorie possible. The best qualities of an egg are in the yolk.

>supporting the chicken periods industry
good goy.
youtube.com/watch?v=nZPulhmNEDs

>listening to a stupid vegan cuck
>posting anything from nutrionfacts.org
>using good goy
the ironing.

you're the cuck here for slurping the cum of the eggboard faggot.

>nutrionfacts.org
this triggers the goy, he don't want his bubbles busted.

Food cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol. Eating eggs does not increase the blood cholesterol.

Eat eggs but cook them. Don't eat them raw.
Rocky has been trolling ppl for decades now.

Considering the most important and leading organization on food in America and the rest of the world states on every nutrition list that just ONE egg has SEVENTY (read: %70) of your recommended cholesterol intake due to its high risk of heart disease , I'd definitely go with eating very few instead of listening to random, insignificant studies posted by guys on a Taiwanese wood carving website

Or if you want to avoid developing coronary heart disease

>Food cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol.

that's a myth.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBtfzd43t8o

>Food cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol. Eating eggs does not increase the blood cholesterol.

Observably false

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

eggs by themselves have no link to that.

>a vegan telling you eggs are bad
lol, ok.

Or if your on slin and you don't want to consume any fats while its active

Main reason you see jay cutler slamming 12 egg whites post work out

>eggs by themselves have no link to that.

What do you mean?

>NOO it's impossible that someone has a personal preference not to eat the yolk and get just pure protein out of the egg, they're stupid and don't know what they're doing REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>a vegan telling
no, peer reviewed studies linked in the description are telling you.

2-4 eggs daily is safe, depending on your body mass and activity even two eggs can cause cholesterol to sky rocket.
Really depends on you user.

>someone with a biased opinion only giving you information to support his claim
yeah, I'm not listening to a stupid retard vegan.

>personal preference
>giving evidence based advise
Pick one and kys faggot

EVERY HEALTH ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD IS AGAINST EATING THEM REGULARLY HOLY SHIT YOU ARE STUPID AND CONVERSELY DOING THE SAME LOGIC THAT YOU IRRATIONALLY BASH ON

>I'm not listening
stay a good goy for the egg industry faggot.

you yolk eaters literally don't use your brains do you

>believe eggs to be unhealthy based on research
>stop eating them
>"now you're biased so I won't listen to you"

>eat eggs because they taste good and are cheap
>say eggs aren't bad in any way despite science showing otherwise
>"I'm totally unbiased, listen to me"

I was eating 5 eggs per day, and had a total cholesterol of 133.

>THEY'RE A HEALTH ORGANIZATION SO THEY MUST KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT
when it comes to nutrition, they have literally caused more harm than good.

Yeah ok, now I know you're just an idiot

Don't you faggots get blood work done once in a while or something ? You want to sound healthy but don't even go to the doctor

Let me guess, you buy into the "people are obese because they base their diets on strict food guidelines" bullshit.

consider your sources

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1245349/

> eggs are bad
So is killing yourself, which you should if you are a DYEL FAGGOT who can't eat eggs because of their sickle cell or dairy racism or some shit.

ditto

no, people are obese because they eat like obese people.

Seriously this is the only correct answer in the entire thread.
There is no such thing as an unhealthy food, it all depends on what you're doing with the food.
If you're active daily, eggs will not negatively effect you unless you are eating an absurd amount of them.
A dude who just sits every day and does nothing at all, probably shouldn't even eat a single egg in his life.

In the video the guy linked, they're all coming from peer-reviewed studies. He also explains why some studies seem favorable to eggs but are misleading. You should give it a watch.

It's ok user . One day you'll realize when your chest starts hurting and you can't even run a mile without passing out

stop user, these stupid vegans already proved otherwise. EGGS ARE EVIL, HUMANS HAVE BEEN EATING THEM FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT IN THE PAST THREE DECADES THEY HAVE CAUSED HEART DISEASE DON'T YOU GET IT WHO SAYS SO

I don't like the source but it's still valid
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw

don't have to worry about that, I don't plan on ever going vegan.

This probably cause for concern since I've been eating 7 eggs a day.

I'm not vegan, I'm just health conscious and went to school so I can read and understand when there are multiple peer reviewed studies that suggest high fat/cholesterol/saturated fat is bad for you and are early roots in heart disease

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012

"existing epidemiological data have clearly demonstrated that dietary cholesterol is not correlated with increased risk for CHD. Although numerous clinical studies have shown that dietary cholesterol challenges may increase plasma LDL cholesterol in certain individuals, who are more sensitive to dietary cholesterol (about one-quarter of the population), HDL cholesterol also rises resulting in the maintenance of the LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio, a key marker of CHD risk."

>saturated fat
>bad
You need to go back to school again, this was disproven around 2008.

>ITT: shills and pussies

why don't you faggets eat whatever you want as long as no trans fats and keep active lifestyles. Get bloodwork done a few a times a year to evaluate your health and adjust accordingly if need be.

I have literally been eating 6 eggs for breakfast almost every day for 3 years.

I ain't dead yet. Until I suddenly drop dead I will continue to believe that there is no concrete link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol.

Written by Maria Luz-Fernandez, who works for the egg industry.

nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/

>Maria Fernandez has received nearly a half million dollars from the egg industry and writes papers like this.
>She admits eggs can raise LDL, bad cholesterol, but argues that HDL, so-called good cholesterol, also rises maintaining the ratio of bad to good. This is the study she cites to support that assertion. But instead of cherry-picking this one study that she performed with Egg Board money, involving 42 people, if you look at a meta-analysis, if you look at the balance of evidence, the rise in bad with increasing cholesterol intakes is much more than the rise in good. Their meta-analysis of 17 different studies showed that dietary cholesterol increases the ratio of total to HDL-cholesterol ratio, suggesting that the favorable rise in HDL fails to compensate for the adverse rise in total and LDL-cholesterol and, therefore, that increased intake of dietary cholesterol may indeed raise the risk of coronary heart disease. The Egg Board responded by saying the increased heart disease risk associated with eating eggs needs to be put in perspective relative to other risk factors, arguing that it’s worse to be overweight than it is to eat eggs, to which the researchers replied: Be that as it may, it’s easier to cut back on egg intake than it is to permanently lose weight.

I'll let the rest of the medical community know, o wise sage of science

>A small but significant increase in total cholesterol was seen after four weeks in the group eating seven eggs a week compared with that in the group eating two eggs a week, but this was no longer apparent after eight weeks. Previous studies suggesting that dietary cholesterol has a greater effect on the serum cholesterol concentration either have been carried out against a background of a higher fat intake or have contrasted extreme cholesterol intakes.

you're good

Nice link
>one cherry picked vs the many existing studies
I wonder which I'll believe

>the only peer review sources I accept are the ones I agree with

>many existing studies

post them

>"normolipidemic subjects" with an LDL of 129.5
>used fasting cholesterol measurements instead of postprandial
>the substitution the eggs were being compared to was a "piece of medium-fat meat"
>cholesterol fell when the fat ratio of the diet leaned more towards unsaturated
>lowest LDL cholesterol observed in the trial was 117mg/dl after treatment
>authors concluded "that's good enough for us"

I didn't deny the paper, I just posted a rebuttal of its claims

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10704618
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684

I got more...

>nutritionfacts.org
>web site owned by a huge vegan petafag

Here we go. Another intermediate lifter on /fit thinking they're an expert in health and fitness because they made some gains.

Veeky Forums eats a lot more protein than its "healthy", low carbs, a shit ton of fats, do steroids and drugs like creatine but still fear eggs because of cholesterol
go figure

>drugs like creatine
wtf I hate red meat now

Eggs exclusively have not been shown to raise cholesterol, if I remember correctly. This is contrary to the data on dietary cholesterol from other sources. This is a big reason for the myth that dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blis cholesterol. Because many of the studies used eggs as a easy source of cholesterol. The data now shows that eggs specifically may have some protective factor. So the verdict on eggs is still out. If I remember correctly again.

The guy who runs the website became a vegan for diet and health reasons. He could be considered less biased than someone who eats meat/dairy/eggs.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/04/25/saturated-fat-finally-vindicated.aspx
>oh fuck a link that provides a shit ton of citations from reliable sources showing that saturated fats from animals did not decrease a persons physical health
>better provide damage control
Let me go ahead and preemptively put the argument out you low test manlet.
Vegetable fats lowered cholesterol, both the good and bad kinds.
Animal fats did not increase the risk of heart disease in persons who lived an active lifestyle.
Saturated fats were proven in the 1970s to have no correlation between heart disease in all, but the most unhealthy of people. Who were already prone to heart disease anyways.

A healthy, active person with a full range of nutrition will not be harmed by saturated fats unless it's all they ingest in abnormal amounts.

Now get your scrawny bitch ass back to Tumblr.

>vegan for diet and health reasons
a vegan diet is impractical and unhealthy

Eggs do raise cholesterol like other cholesterol sources do.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6142348/

>The data now shows that eggs specifically may have some protective factor.

Yeah, a marketing team and billions of dollars driving their promotion.

>one cherry picked studies

there was a full page of them on google. I just chose one of them.

Fuck off you fat spaz, as if you linking a post nullifies the entire health community and it's combined findings

>nullifies the entire health community and it's combined findings
>entire health community has not come together and made a solid unified claim

>The guy who runs the website became a vegan for diet and health reasons. He could be considered less biased than someone who eats meat/dairy/eggs.
> Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture at the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) would be a less biased source on the subject of consuming animal products

Are you fucking nuts? The dreaded egg corps have actually funded and published studies that linked consumption of eggs to health problems, which more recent studies have debunked but this petafaggot will never in a million years promote consumption of animal products.

If you're looking for unbiased information why the fuck would you trust a political activist as your source

>>oh fuck a link that provides a shit ton of citations from reliable sources showing that saturated fats from animals did not decrease a persons physical health

Don't get carried away. Half the references are to internet news articles. The main study it's talking about is an old paper comparing saturated fats to trans-fats, which at the time (late 60s, early 70s) were considered the same as polyunsaturated fats.

>every health and medical organization suggests not to with more than likely being the leading belief
>you want to be the edgy defiant against doctors, health/nutritional professionals

>1984 Mar 24

are you surprised?

consider your sources.

He's now an ethical vegan as well but that came a long time after his diet change. If he's an animal activist, he's not a very good one. From his book:

>This book is not about vegetarianism, veganism, or any other kind of -ism. There are people who completely eliminate any and all animal products as part of a religious or moral stance and may indeed end up better off as a side benefit. But strictly speaking from a human health standpoint, you would be hard pressed to argue, for example, that the traditional Okinawa diet, which is 96% plant based, is inferior to typical Western, 100 percent vegan diet.

Here's the prologue of his book that explains what made him adopt this sort of diet, which is based on the early work of Nathan Pritiken, and later doctors like Dean Ornish and Caldwell Esselstyn

nutritionfactsorg.s3.amazonaws.com/how-not-to-die-preface.pdf?utm_source=NutritionFacts.org&utm_campaign=a5cc779226-Volume 32&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_40f9e497d1-a5cc779226-24386945

What happened on March 24, 1984?

Just saying. If there really was significant evidence that suggests otherwise, the medical and health field would have already been on it and changed their minds. But nope. Still suggests low sat fat, cholesterol, and fat

What's wrong with nutrition facts? He backs up every one of his claims with new studies

satyamag.com/sept05/greger.html

sounds like a pathological liar

I can't even use a source older than 2006 to submit a research paper in grad school. Science is about the most recent high quality data and compilation of data available. Try this one.
mobile.journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/_layouts/15/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=2006&issue=01000&article=00004#ath

How do you figure?

>Science is about the most recent high quality data and compilation of data available.

That's not at all how science works. Science is built up. You don't throw out all of your data every couple of yours and start again from scratch. If there are discrepancies between newer and older data, you read them both and try to figure out why. You never just throw away previous research.

you do if it turns out to be false.

Right, but first you would have to show how it's false, not just assume.

>every fucking egg thread

There are more important risks with eggs than cholesterol:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2579593/

Becareful you guys!

Same but I eat a PB sandwich with mine. Friends warned me I'd probably have a heart attack before 30 eating so many eggs but damn they're good

Underrated post

No more than 2 (whole)eggs per day, less if you're getting cholesterol from another daily food source as well

Underr8ed post

>2 month test
>no realistic "lifetime" test (because most people stay in the same ballpark for their diet until death)
If you couldn't pick out what I'm saying--the data is biased to approve egg consumption

heartfoundation.org.nz/uploads/Nutrition_evidence_paper_eggs_1.pdf

They’re unlikely to be a problem in moderation and contain various compounds that are beneficial for athletes.

Eggs are based.

Theres no evidence that dietary cholesterol impacts serum. They're full of nutrition, protein, and goodies.

Plus, theyre delicious.

My grandfather ate the same breakfast from the time he got out of the army to the morning he got hit by a drunk driver while out on his daily 5 mile run at the age of 93.

Bacon and sausage, eggs fried in the grease, buttermilk biscuits, country gravy and coffee.

I have pretty much the same breakfast.
4 slices of bacon. 2 sausage patties. Two biscuits. Country gravy. A quarter of each red, green, and yellow peppers, crushed garlic, onion, yellow squash and zucchini sauteed in the grease until fork tender. 8 eggs.

That keeps me tied over until dinner. Most days I have to make myself eat dinner since I'm not hungry.

Cholesterol, and every blood test comes back completely normal. (Save for TSH which every male in my dad's lineage has)

>eats nothing for lunch
>implying you're not RATTLE ME BONES