Speed diet

I'm 6 ft 250 lbs, so need to loose maybe 1/3 of my weight. Anyone done similar successfully?
Maybe a strict low-carb diet could fix that? Or serious fasting with only protein powder for bf?

Other urls found in this thread:

in-n-out.com/pdf/nutrition_2010.pdf
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its like we dont even have a sticky

heres a diet for you, fatfuck

two bowls of cereal a day, space them out as you wish

lets see if you have the willpower to actually lose weight or you're just a lazy piece of shit

Why are you in such a hurry? You had your entire life to gain weight, why do you think you can lose it so quickly?

if you do a diet, you're setting yourself up for failure. If you intend to do it quickly, you're setting up yourself for failure. I went from 250lbs to 175lbs over the course of 7 months. All I did was literally stop eating like a fatass and controlled the calories in. This isn't rocket science, this isn't something special, and you don't need to do some stupid memery to achieve it. Read the sticky.

forgot to add, that you don't diet, you change your diet. This mindset changes everything. Managing your weight isn't a vacation, it's a life long journey. You don't go on a diet that has an end point, you fix your diet which should stay with you for the rest of your life

Stop with the shit 'low carb' bullshit. All calories arent equal but less calories is ALWAYS better than more calories.

Whenever I hear someone say low carb/protein diet it reminds me of my 350lb gran who did meme diets every year, and her fat rolls became so bad they were damaging her eyes, she was basically blind at 65, then complained when people gave her simple instructions on where to walk etc bdcause "she is a grown woman".

Just eat less, thats it. Meme diets will work like meme diets, doing essentially nothing.

but low carb works wonders for me sorry mate

Thats fine, but in my experience from 100kg down to 70kg, just eating less is the best and gives you the freedom of eating what you normally eat, but less.

Just do what the sticky says and count what you're eating. I'm in the same boat as you 6'2" 250lbs. Just started this week, but I realize that I'm not doing a diet to lose weight, but I'm changing my eating habits for my life. I want success in my life, and I don't see myself doing that without taking care of the temple first.

Where did this "lettuce instead of bun burger"-meme come from? I love putting a shitton of lettuce on my burgers as it is, would I like a lettuce bun burger? The fuck do you even call these things?

Listen you fucking retard , you spent your whole life destroying your body with a horrible diet . Yes you can drop the weight quick and have loose skin and no gains to show for it ; but mayne you'd prefer not looking like a skellington with drapes wrapped around it after 5 months. Lift heavy and eat right , it will take longer but you might actually make it.

A wrap.

Congratulations you have discovered keto diets.

that's great, but that's always unnecessary. It only works for you because low carb diets are still low calorie diets. You could easy just as well eat those carbs, just adjust your entire diet to fit them in. I think the point user is trying to make is that there's nothing special about low carb diets, you're not eating a shitload of calories but since they're not coming from carbs you lose weight. You're still restricting your calories.

>freedom of eating what you normally eat, but less
literally suffing my face with fats, proteins and vegetables. enjoy eating less and get your body on starvemode.

at in n out they're called protein style. And the memery probably started with them. It's funny how stupid people think they're eating something better with it, but unless you're single digit bf% and trying to maintain it or heavily into a keto diet, the 150 calories you lose from not eating the bun isn't worth dealing with the mess.

>nothing special about low carb diets
well theory says it controls your insulin levels, resulting in less fat strorage and more consistant bloodsuger (aka constant energy); my experience says that´s true

I've been eating less and not been starving because I don't eat retarded calorie dense food. Drinking lots of water helps a lot. Have fun staying fat just because you're only cutting carbs and not eating at a caloric defecit.

that really only applies to extreme cases. Trust me, you're not eating 3000+ calories in fats, meat and veggies and losing weight. If you think you are, please donate your body to science

A single slice of the bun is 150 calories m8, probably more if they put butter or w/e condiments on it.

well i eat/drink pretty obscene amounts of olive oil, but i never counted calories an can´t be arsed to do so

still, suger and simple carbs (pretty much the same) are shit; they let your insulin spike, resulting in low energy about one our after eating them (+hunger); thats the real reason to stay away from the bun, not the calories

This is bait.

in-n-out.com/pdf/nutrition_2010.pdf
>burger with bun = 390
>burger with no bun = 240
and I was just guessing before. They literally serve you the same burger w/e condiments or whatever, minus the bun. Go eat a dick.

>you're not eating 3000+ calories in fats
>never counted calories an can´t be arsed to do so
you may be right about that one

>all that bro science
that's cool bro. I'm glad it works for you and I hope you stop being delusional down the line.

>a burger with 390 calories
>240 without bun

holy shit I didn't know they served it in manlet portions lmfao.

in n out burgers are small as fuck.

>>all that bro science
lol not really. it´s common standart on diabetis research
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/

that's cool bro. I'm glad it works for you and I hope you stop being delusional down the line.

Yes, but you started talking about losing weight, not eating with diabetes. This diet may be okay for your blood sugar, but it's not going to make you thinner, at least not the way you're doing it. I'm assuming you have diabetes, right?

Fuck your sticky!

>This diet may be okay for your blood sugar, but it's not going to make you thinner, at least not the way you're doing it.
well it did in my case. though i wasn´t fat to begin with; i just wanted to get rid of that little excess fat; but most of all, i wanted a eat in a way that gives me maximum energy over the day
> I'm assuming you have diabetes, right?
nope, and i am not planning to

btw: if you manage to eat complex carbs (eg carbs with a high clycemic index) you have pretty much the same effect than with fats; goodl luck finding them though (especially in burgerland) and getting them in a way that is enjoyable (yet to find that one)

Eat it then fuck it, senpjaj

well if you sit at computer 8 hours a day then eat one meal a day with maximum of 1500 cal
and of course the meal should be chicken breast, rice and vegetables

i can promise you'll lose weight, youll be fasting for over 10 hours a day

>complex carbs are rare in america
didn't know the level of retard we were dealing with.

I would gain weight on that

so what you're saying your body burns less than 1500 calories a day ?

he might be a manlet or a grill.

He said he was 6ft 250lbs. Unless it's some other idiot posting

I'm the other idiot posting. Yes to the manlet

when you've been on Veeky Forums long enough, you can smell who you're dealing with

the sticky really should advise people to do meal prepping. it takes all the guesswork and dietary fudging out of the equation.

buy a food scale and a week's worth of meal prep containers. weigh all your food so you know exactly how many calories you are eating. eat from your meal prep containers and nothing else. if you don't have the willpower to stick to this then go to plan B which is killing yourself.

I kinda agree with you but I would imagine it's hard for most to all to go from being a fatass to having the discipline to eat the same food daily. They gotta build that discipline first and meal prepping is usually the evolution of that.

I think the opposite is true. The meal prepping takes less discipline because the decision of what to eat is already made for you ahead of time. If you veer from your meals then you are actively making a decision to fuck yourself over.

PSMF is for you

I said my sedentary tdee is less than 1500.. It doesn't take an oldfag to smell manlet

No, fuck you for being ignorant. Read the fucking sticky.

Hey guys just a reminder it's summer and that means the retards are in that have 5% chance of making it, cause they need everyone to tell them what to do and can't learn by themselves. So instead of these retarded threads taking up space just tell them to READ THE FUCKING STICKY. That clears out the plebs, thanks fellow fitizens

Most people don't need meal prepping.

Most people these days drink 4 liters of sugary drinks in a week.

Most people will see results just by not drinking their calories at all.

Most people will see results by only eating when they're hungry.

Most people will see results by learning what fruits and vegetables, or combination of, really appeals to their palette.

Most people don't need to count calories and probably shouldn't as doing so, on top of everything else, can be overwhelming and disheartening.

If you want to see results try being patient, make small changes and develop positive habits over time.

If you want to lose a moderate amount of weight fast only to become a fatty again try starving yourself or some bullshit fad diet.