Should I major in History, Philosophy or Literature? I’m leaning towards Philosophy

Should I major in History, Philosophy or Literature? I’m leaning towards Philosophy.

If these were my choices I'd just drop out and go NEET or work in a warehouse or something.

what are your actual choices

STEM mustard race

how's that working for you

Y’see, I’m heading into an arts/science double degree. I’ve already confirmed comp sci as one major. I just want to do something fun in an arts degree.

Now answer my question.

hah comp sci is for faggots and Indians. You should do history as the art for well-roundedness

History is my advice, but I'm biased. Useful for better understanding the world, politics, and writing well.

Fucking nerd.

>History
no
>Literature
no
>Philosophy
hell no

only STEM, Medicine, education, and Law are worth having a degree for since the degree is actually for the most part required for their fields

None of those, unless you want to be working at starbucks or returning to school

Nobody studies literature that's not a really thing and you're an autistic faggot. Read books. Keep reading books.

You can benefit equally as much from philosophy and history it depends how bullshit you are at argumentative format.
Strong=philosophy, requires more creativity and originality.
Weak=do history as there is only one conclusion and multiple interpretations. Safer option.

Don't be a faggot though and try think of where your true passion is and pursue that.

>Triple majoring

Only a terminal pseud would do that. True intellectuals sextuple minor.

Not OP, also having some problem with choosing a field. Right now I'm sticking with Economics since it's kind of a mix between history and math. Specifically, it's focused on finance. Am I okay or am I fucked?

>Economics
better than OP

Just do what you like best. Bachelor's degrees are basically office work qualifications, your major is irrelevant and you're utterly unlikely to end up working in a related field.

>the degree is actually for the most part required for their fields
>STEM
Percentage of STEM majors ending up working in STEM jobs is 1 in 10. Your argument nowadays only works for fields like law and medicine where you need a specific degree to be legally allowed to practice.

Med and law are graduate degrees that you can apply for as an arts major, einstein

>Nobody studies literature that's not a really thing and you're an autistic faggot. Read books. Keep reading books.
You can make this idiotic argument for literally everything, but in reality you can spot the difference between self-taught and academically educated as easily as spotting the difference between a literal illiterate and a high school graduate.

Do the one you're most interested in, i did stem but i chose my courses based on which one is the most difficult to learn on your own, if it requires facilities etc. To get the most value out of my tuition. I'm not sure how that wouls apply to the arts, if lit is more worth it since you will get feedback on your writing? Or find out which department in your school has the best professors

Comp sci is for people who cant into physics.

>Now answer my question.

whoa get a load of this guy. typical philosophy major, getting loud on the internet but too socially awkward to order a pizza on the phone

fuck off lad

Neither. Vocational decisions are important, sure, but you also need to be pragmatic and consider you won't be able to get a job. Are you on student loans? Can your family support you for a while , say 5 years after graduation while you get a job in any other place?

Seriously, jobs are limited, extremely, if you happen to find one in those fields you'll definitely need another job to support you, like bartender or bouncer if you happen to be a.big guy (4u)

STEM jobs are also limited, they need a lot of funding and usually people can't keep jobs for research do to this, there's only a minority that can get jobs and.no, it's not because awesome grades, it's knowing the right people, having contacts, as every capitalist country works.

But hey, if you really feel the calling, do it, just be certain that you won't be able.to.get a.job by sending your CV because there are no jobs, and even if you do, it will be limited due to lack of funding.

It sucks, but that's reality.

>Can your family support you for a while , say 5 years after graduation while you get a job in any other place?

lel

History is fun and useful, fuck everyone saying otherwise. Theres tons of shit to do and specialize in after you finish history. Literature a little less so - its not a thing meant to be studied, in my personal opinion. A degree in literature will yield nothing more than an interest in it would. My dad finished literature and he has no knowledge or abilities above mine and I just like to read.

DO NOT fall for the philosophy meme. Fucking dont. I wish someone had warned me when I picked it as a minor.

Here are the truths about philosophy:
>your professor will most likely be stupid but diligent
>he will insist upon his point of view on a subject that is utterly subjective
>you will not be given a true chance to discuss philosophy
>you will have to memorize things of little value
>your co-students will largely be absolutely insufferable or the worst of autists and the most unbearable
>at no point will you sit down to actually ponder important things or actual philosophy

Nothing you want out of philosophy will actually happen.

Take a moment to think of any notable philosophers. None of them studied philisophy.

I think there is some merit to the philosophy education though, they are the major that get the highest mcat scores, higher than even physics and bio majors

petrochemical engineering

I'd say major in Rhetoric if it's available at your uni.
Philosophy+Literature= Rhetoric

drop out

Does your university not have PPL?

Thats literally all three majors in one and way better looking on your resume.

ha, you must have studied philosophy in america.
In the german speaking countries, everyone laughs about your professors.

that's okay - everyone here laughs about you

I studied in England, actually

>In the german speaking countries, everyone laughs about your professors.
>it's a Germany tries to act superior episode in an extremely cringy manner

I hate the Germany show, same episode every week

I'm from Switzerland
>reading "german speaking countries"
>not even knowing about Switzerland and Austria
Please quit university you fucking imbecile

Same shit, my mistake is of no consequence

>comp-sci
literally a fucking keyboard monkey robot, you're going to be liquidated and I'm gonna be so happy when all the CS majors are as homeless as everyone else. Thank you for building my computer god faggot, your flesh and blood is appreciated

wow did a comp sci Indian Chad take your gf or something

>Indian
>Chad

Am I the only one who remembers the guy from the bollywood terminator movie when someone says that?

Anyways, I'd pick Kant, Hegel, Leibniz, Nietzsche, Jaspers, Dilthey, Cassirer, Arendt, Adorno, Marx, Feuerbach, Stirner, Brentano, Spengler, Luhmann, Husserl, Rickert, Heidegger, Bloch, Fichte, Schlegel, Klages and Schopenhauer waaaay over your degenerate anglistic scum.
Hell, even Avenarius, Carnap, Frege, Popper and fucking Wittgenstein were german speaking. They are even better at your only discipline

>t. increasingly nervous, no job prospects CS monkey who has an 8th grade reading level and can't do graduate level maths or science
you got a job coming right after you graduate, 6 FIGZ right bro haha good for you bro, Computers WOWOWOW

Our universities are actually more focused on analytic philosophy. But then again we have the advantage of reading not only your autistic shit, but also the masters of german philosophy in their mother tongue.
Having to rely on translations is beta as fuck, when it comes to a discipline like philosophy

I'm not English nor do I have any love towards anglo scum.

I'm Greek, I fucking dare you to compare philosophers with me, snowjew.

Not only are swiss students of philosophy able to read the anglo scum in english, enjoying existentialists and structuralists in french, speaking the same language as all the great masters of german philosophy, but also capable of reading all the ancient philosophers in latin and greek. No joke, we often read Plato in greek and Thomas Aquinas in latin.

But hey, american education system seems so much better. And even the Brexitfaggots are trying to muscle in

>law
It depends on the country.

I AM GREEK

imbressive

Is uni worth the bennies it costs or am i better off just calling it quits and getting a real job?