Forward Head Posture

What's the best way to correct it? Mine isn't really that bad, it's more like a mix between both of these pictures. I'm also a little scared of doing chin tucks because I don't have much of a chin to begin with and I'm worried about having a permanent doublechin and looking like my face has been squashed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JA3O0NVb-sk
alexandertechnique.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You won't get a double chin from doing chin tucks, wtf. You get that from being fat. Anyway, try your best to always be mindful of sitting and standing properly. Correcting bad neck posture originates by starting from the hips, standing straight, elongated spine, shoulders back, chest out, head up, and back. If you catch yourself slouching forward, fix it. Limit time on the computer or looking at your phone.

Work on your back muscles.

When doing squats I like to roll the bar on my upper spine

>You won't get a double chin from doing chin tucks
Huh? Wouldn't doing it all the time make my neck and chin stay like that? Let's say I straightened my neck and had perfect posture; isn't what I see when I do chin tucks what I would look like all the time?
Noted.

A double chin is EXCESS FAT

Then why does it look like I have one when I do chin tucks? Do you understand what I'm trying to say? If I look like this when I do chin tucks, and that's correct neck posture, won't I just look like that all the time?

this

I'm trying to work on this myself. Only use one pillow when you sleep and work on breathing properly too.

Unless you lose the excess fat.....

I'm 6'2" and like 140 pounds, though. What I'm saying is that I don't have much of a chin now, and I feel like my neck being like in that picture all the time would give me even less of one. Do you get what I mean? I don't want to look like I'm doing chin tucks all the time.

this is NOT a correct posture... jesus christ man

What are some good back muscle exercises that improve posture?

Then what the hell is correct posture? My head isn't jutting forward, but it's not straight up and down like in the OP picture either.

Forward

Correct?

???

How to fix: keep correcting it every day every hour for three months, holding it a bit longer each day. Get someone to check you. Eventually, the proper muscles will be able to hold your head again.

NORTH OR SOUTH AMERICA
O
R
T
H

O
R

S
O
U
T
H

A
M
E
R
I
C
A

Wait, your neck isn't supposed to be straight up and down and it's supposed to be at a slight diagonal?

Your going to have to post your hips from the side and front to help us find the root of the problem

HHUURRR FEMANON HERE CHECK MY FORM GUYZ XD

baka fat bitch

Can you elaborate?

I'm in a similar situation. I know I have forward head, but shit, when I correct it, it looks so much worse.

I've started mew'ing, and that helps a little I think. I think it should be suggested along with correct posture.

wtf is mewing?

close you jaw, relax your lips, stick your tongue to the top of the roof of your mouth. It's the correct posture. If you notice imbalances in your jaw posture, correct them. This can improve facial aesthetics by up to +1

this meme needs to end. Worse than ss.

youtube.com/watch?v=JA3O0NVb-sk

This shit works, I normally do it for about a minute wheneve I feel like it., probably 4 times weekly. Also, monitor you posture for other alignment issues. Often times forward head is accompanied by kyphosis, lordosis, or both! If that's the case, you have to start at the hips and work your way up!

Check out the alexander technique. You'll notice how when babies learn to sit up they always have centered balance. Shrugging, leaning on your hip, etc. are learned actions that can be repaired.

alexandertechnique.com/

Its no miracle cure all, but its basically the practice of the best use of the human body for any action starting with breath and posture.

It is a neck stretching exercise you doofus.