If you were forced to, would you rather be a Roman or Chinese Emperor?

Any period you want for both as long as it's not before the Roman Empire and after 1452

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Chang_(Southern_Han)
youtube.com/watch?v=YVtj66vqm1w
youtube.com/watch?v=plgg9sSLRvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rKZmPyBXRPg
youtube.com/watch?v=omc0qxlTl6Q
youtu.be/chHEVOSpGZY
youtu.be/Dewhmy2X22k
youtu.be/UpuDSQ4qzwc
youtube.com/watch?v=5y1efTVX20M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a CAESAR!!!!

>walk through rome
>smells like shit and sewage
>stupid plebians throwing shit at you

>be chinese emperor
>live in court 24/7. never have to see your subjects.
>spend all day doing random eccentric things like building rivers of mercury
>have infinite power.

How is that even a contest? Chinese emperors are literally seen as god and have a harem of 20 thousand women for their exclusive use

Chinese.
As a roman emperor my choices are to either be extremely politically active or be assassinated.
As a chinese emperor I can easily just be a figurehead and enjoy my harem while the ministers fight it out between themselves.

You all raise good arguments, but counterpoint: the Chinese Emperor has to deal with the existential misery that is being Chinese.

COLINIZED?

I'd just never look into a mirror and ban all reflective surfaces from my palace

shame about the small dick but the woman would pretend to enjoy it

you could also have the citizens follow that decree on pain of death as well

it's complimentary

>deal with the existential misery that is being Chinese
Does this really mean anything within the specified timeframe? The vast majority of people you'll interect with (not to mention you yourself most likely) won't realize the relative misery of being chinese without the awareness of better conditions.
Practically, to answer , does it really matter that you have a small dick if every woman you fuck doesn't know there are better ones?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Chang_(Southern_Han)

Be this guy.

Roman empire.
Olive oil is non negotiable.

And I have already a few ideas about what to do in that scenario. Don't know enough about China.

I would replace Augustus in 3, fire Varus before he fucks up and kill Jesus before he succeeds.

me on the left

Why can't you just choose to be Roman Emperor and try and replicate the figurehead position the Emperor had in China or Japan?

*WHITE'D

Is it even a question? Chinese Empire was bigger and better. If you fucked up, you'd be compensated by an ambitious minister. If you fucked up in Rome, you'd be assassinated, followed by a bloody civil war. You could even be assassinated if a single senator, legatus, or simply some legion decided he didn't like you.

The term is BLEACHED

Because if you choose China you can pick a period where such a condition was firmly entrenched and there's no turmoil to bother you, whereas if you pick Rome you have to do all the hard work to create the scenario yourself (including the catastrophically high chance of failing and dying for it).

>Liu_Chang_(Southern_Han)
>He was the last Emperor of Southern Han, as his kingdom was defeated and taken over by the Song dynasty in 972. He reigned for a total of 14 years.
Pretty obvious and not too hot, honestly.

China was a bureaucratic empire: relying on a well-oiled machine of delegated power, that could even run completely authonomous for some time.
Rome was an oligarchic empire: chaotic and cutthroat politics, relying on tenuous and situational loyalties, everyone ultimately being self-serving and ambitious cunts.

P.s. Rome didn't even need a figurehead, because he would ultimately serve no purpose, as he had no more or less legitimacy than any guy who run him through with a dagger and told that he is the emperor nau.

This isn't correct. Not every wanna be emperor is the same, period and social status matter and they do influence the legitimacy of each claimant.
Think of Sejanus, think of the Narcissus/Pallas/Callistus triumvirate, think of Ricimer. All of these knew they wouldn't have enough backing to assume power themselves, so they didn't.

Yes. But the others had some political capital, connections and power, not just a title and nothing else.

I'd pick Roman, preferably an early Christian Emperor.

Maybe my chances of survival are smaller but I have this idea of the Chinese emperor as a bird in a cage surrounded by yesmen. In any case I would focus on Christianizing Germania.

Romulus Augustulus had no more actual power and connections than any chinese figurehead user, nor really did Claudius. The difference is that Claudius used the leverage his very position gave him (a leverage all non-institutional figureheads always have) to break free from his freedmen, whereas Romulus didn't have the chance.
Similarly, as many chinese emperors broke free from their effective captivity under their eunuchs and aristocrats by politicking as there were that failed or positively didn't care enough to bother. The difference was personal inclination and capability rather than political capital, connections and power. Or rather, they all had the same institutional advantages, but the effective might of their political capital and connections came down to their own skills in the end.

Roman, Chinese are disgusting

As if a Roman emperor couldn't get a harem of cute slaves from most of Europe, the Near East and North Africa. much better than the fry pan faced gook girls

I'd pick Roman and LARP as Elagabalus

Chinese Emperor, this isn't even a contest.
Be a Roman Emperor and there is 60% that you will get assassinated by either praetorians, senate, military, mob etc.

>killing jesus
>thinks this will fucking work

>Can pick any period
>Not picking to replace Commodus
>Come out as the next in line after a bunch of gr8 Emperors
>Everyone loves you
>Economy is stable and flourishing
>Assassinations and civil wars are non-existent

The world is your oyster, you can be a hero in the arena or just set up a harem of barbarian qts.

RIP in pepperoni don't drop your spaghetti.

Dude, Commodus was a cunt and he didn't even try to be a decent ruler, but his reign would have been ridiculously hard regardless. Rome's situation was pretty bad at that point, with strong pressure at the german border, pestilence ravaging the population, the economy depressed by the harsh weight of the military and the damages of the antonine plague.

>Roman emperor after narcus
>have commodus fucking skinned and burned at a stake
>try to fix future problems of the empire by creating a new bearucratic system based around trying to minimize corruption and the pice of expansion
>split the empire into four provinces
>the western roman empire or the rome of gauls
>purpose is to stop germanics
>southern roman empire ro the rome of carthage
>all of africa to make sure that pirates don't fuck with trade and our grain supply is safe and fast
>easter roman empire or roman empire of the greeks
>balkans to pymera
>purpose, fuck up the people east of us
>universal rome
>italy
>where the emperor rules from
>fuvk huge army because every other part of rome must pay tribute to the emperor in the form of gold and tons of soldiers
>try to make the emperor a more chinese esq divine ruler chosen by all gods to lead rome

>Marcomannic Wars
>Antonine plague

Both were mostly over by the time Marcus Aurelius died and Commodus succeeded him. During his reign there wasn't that much pressure from abroad at all. Commodus was hated because of his mistreatment of the aristocracy and his mismanagement of finances. Both were tied to his autistic interest in being a gladiator.

>As if a Roman emperor couldn't get a harem of cute slaves from most of Europe, the Near East and North Africa. much better than the fry pan faced gook girls

Romans treated their Emperors like shit compared to Egyptians, Chinese and Japanese. Beginning a long tradition of a degenerate and soulless aristocracy in the west.

youtube.com/watch?v=YVtj66vqm1w

>Beginning a long tradition of a degenerate and soulless aristocracy in the west

Sounds exactly what an easterner with a slave mentality, as the roman aristocrats described it, would say.

Chinese Divine Mandate was the most superior legitimacy mechanism in the world till the Enlightenment.

bumping for interdasting

A Chinese Emperor obviously

Roman Emperor were killed in less than 3 years of rule most of the time

Despite all the arguments presented above, I still chose Roman.

Simply because Romans were cooler.
That is, you can't extrapolate that.

youtube.com/watch?v=plgg9sSLRvQ

youtube.com/watch?v=rKZmPyBXRPg

youtube.com/watch?v=omc0qxlTl6Q

>Simply because Romans were cooler.
I thought we were talking about historic insertion, not Hollywood film insertion.

>the Chinese Emperor has to deal with the existential misery that is being Chinese.

But being Roman emperor has to deal with the existential misery that is being Latin manlets.

Roman emperor then take over china

And then the other 3 emperors form a coalition and your own general delivers you to them

>manlets

Still taller than chinks. Also chink girls love big white cock

>taller than chinks
Yeah, like 2cm taller at best, manlet.

Roman. Cooler. And fuck chinks. Good luck succeeding at genociding all that.

China

I’d just live balls deep inside Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean. Manchurian, and SEA girls all day long

China primarily because as far as I know they didn't have the equivalent of a Praetorian guard that routinely assassinated their Emperors.

>But being Roman emperor has to deal with the existential misery that is being Latin manlets.

But lots of Roman Emperors were from the Balkans, and they are among the tallest people on Earth.

>Romans were cooler
Nope.
youtu.be/chHEVOSpGZY
youtu.be/Dewhmy2X22k
youtu.be/UpuDSQ4qzwc

Daily reminder that Alexander the "Great" was 160cm Balkan manlet, shorter than average northern Chinese.

Is being a chiness empress an option?

lol that is your counter argument?

Some faggy shit?

The other dude posts some epic Romanoboo music and you retort with that lol?

> Daily reminder that Alexander the "Great" was 160cm Balkan manlet

lol at the projection

Balkan dudes were and are much taller than Chinese on average.

Chinese
>fuck beautiful women all day

>pan face
>slant eyes

Thanks, but no

>infinite power

Your ministers, generals, and governors DEFINITELY aren't doing whatever they want while paying lip service to you

I don't see 160cm anywhere there.

Yeah, I posted some epic Sinoboo music as retort. Unlike you faggot only replied with pathetic and empty insults like a typical uncultured brat.

And frankly speaking, the first music(emperor of the sun) he posted is fucking edgelord tier crap, you have to be a fucking edgelord yourself to call that "noise" epic.

> the first music(emperor of the sun) he posted is fucking edgelord tier crap

Only the lyrics are.

The music is top tier.

If they sang in latin it would be beast.

Also, both of your links were epic imo.

a lot of the best emperors weren't actually latin, i.e. Trajan, Hadrian, Constantine
also obvious rome, it's closer to modern comfort with the bathhouses and aqueducts and sewage systems, plus a familiar religion I could work with for half of it's reign so I wouldn't run into any trouble with the catholics, no mandatory military service so I wouldn't get drafted off my farm at 18 and never get to fug that blonde barbar slave dad just bought from the legionaries in the market.
Rome offers a variety of european slaves to suit any interest, china just offers chinese bitches that are ugly after 25

>he thinks he can outsmart someone with omniscience
You'll probably trip on a rock and break your neck, user.

>A random peasant

My sense of balance is admittedly not so good but I would take my chances.

Thats why i would try to make myself a divine figure head
If it doesn't work out hopefully my divinity would cause a pleb revolt to get back my empire

Both sound cool, but China would give me a better life expectancy when around my subjects.

Germany was already Christianising.
It was a filthy Arian heresy, but it was Christianising.

I would try my luck to be a great emperor and to enter eternally in history as one of the great man

If I HAD to pick, probably Roman, but only BARELY.
Pros:
1) I'm already Chinese, so to live the life of a Roman would be exotic.
2) Been to China never been to the Mediterranean.
3) State sponsored orgies.

Cons:
1) Inferior cuisine. Not even a tomato.
2) Political life would probably be hell compared to the unquestioning command of being a Chinese emperor.
3) Powerful widows holding 50% of the wealth I need to placate and reign in.

Chinese Emperor would be pretty sweet.

Pools of Wine. Persian concubines to bang.

With Roman Emperor, you gotta worry about your relatives killing you for the throne.

your pink nipple dick wishes it was "big"

Chinese emperor ruled by mandate of heaven and was legitimate as long as the empire prospered. Roman emperor ruled by imperium which was literally "who has the stronkest army"

>Meds
>White

>Meds
>White

>and kill Jesus
Oh gee if only someone else had thought to do that.

imagine coping this hard because most of the major empires of antiquity were created by "mongrels" and the Nords have exactly one remarkable achievement "empire" of the vikings which spanned ALL of Scandinavia and Albion into Iceland WOWOWOW

Chinese men circa 1950, who didn't live too different from ancient Chinese (because pre-21st century China was poor as fuck) but should be slightly taler regardless, averaged 5'4. The average height for Roman men was known to be 5'6.

>Chinese men circa 1950, who didn't live too different from ancient Chinese (because pre-21st century China was poor as fuck)
20th century China encompassed far more territory than Han dynasty China. Furthermore the majority of the population would be Northern Chinese who are genetically taller than their southern counterparts.

>The average height for Roman men was known to be 5'6.
They were roughly comparable,average Han dynasty males from Zhengzhou were 170cm.

If we extrapolate surviving jade burial suits the aristocrats were even taller.

t. Antonio Barbosa

How can Chinaman even compete?

Is struck by lightning unknown or natural causes?

Cool story bro

Why didn't they just abolish the Praeto-

>female sex tourism.jpg

>all of Scandinavia [...] into Iceland
You mean the southernwestern half of Scandinavia and a couple of villages on Iceland.

>What is it with Veeky Forums

Can't even produce a proper conversation. without reducing to the mentality of a kid who just found about jerking off.

>before he succeeds

What a disgrace those people were.

youtube.com/watch?v=5y1efTVX20M

It's useless for an entirely different reason. The Judea, the Empire as a whole was plagued with not hundred, but thousand Jesuses. So, the right thing to do would be to do what Aurelian tried. Support Sol Invictis.

>tfw as Roman emperor you only have a 40% chance to live a long fulfilling life of rule or die gloriously in battle

>china just offers chinese bitches that are ugly after 25

I know you're meme'ing, but Chinese harems had all sorts of women. They had Persian concubines and I imagine there were cases where they even obtained women further West.

Yeah dude I hate to admit it but I'd rather be a Chinese emperor. Romans have a pretty bad rep of assassinating emperors ever more so then any other empire i might say but I'm not too sure... if someone wants to drop so knowledge on that statement, please do.

But he at least we arent Japanese emperors, ammiright?

Think I'm gona attempt to make a best to worst tiered list of emperors.

Shit-tier
>Japan
>Mongol
>Umayyad
>Latin Empire (lol)
>Mexican

Baddie-teir
>HRE
>ERE
>every Persian Empire ever
>every French Empire ever attempted
>A-H
>Aztec
>Incan
>both Bulgarian Empires

Ok-teir
>Rome
>Russia
>Ottoman
>British
>Hapsburg Dynasty Empires
>Brazil
>Martha India

Comfy-teir
>Mughal
>Chinese (depending on the dynasty but overall comfy in the long run)
>Portuguese
>Zulu Empire

Fuck you!
God-tier
>Hapsburg Dynasty Empires

>Not even a tomato.
Those come from South America tho, not part of the antique cuisine of china nor the med's.

honestly? chinese because its stable. i would then spend my days doing unethical economic experiments on out of the way villages to see how some forms of economics worked in isolation.

hapas on suicide watch