Veeky Forums I need help

Veeky Forums I need help.

Whatever the fuck I do I can't bench for shit. I've been lifting for a month and making steady progress on all my lifts except for Bench press.
I'm hitting 200lb Deadlift, 150lb Squat, 100lb Barbell Rows, and 80 OHP. But I'm struggling on 110lb Bench. My firm I correct but my right arm hurts like a motherfucker.

Ye I know my lifts are shit but I'm a recovering fatty and like I said, I've been lifting for a month.

Well either you deload or you take a break from benching. Most people when they reach a plateau will go with the former option

You're probably not eating enough. Ht/wt bf% pl0x

5'9
195lb
18 years old

Idk bf%, probably around 25-30

Pic related it's me just now after workout.

Eating around 1700 calories a day to cut.

I am the same height as you and i was the same weight a few weeks ago. Looks like we have spic genes too with very similar body times. I'm floating around 182-186 start to see top abs and finally starting to look decent. 165 to 170 we're golden breh. We're gonna make it famalam

same guy here, funnily enough i'm having the same issue as you with my bench. I'm struggling to get to 1 plate for reps. I'm looking for answers in this thread too lol

There are plenty of things you can do. Im assuming you're doing sl5x5

>if your right arm hurts, it is probably from a flexibility issue in squats that hurts your bench press that you do afterward.
You can switch to a split routine so that you don't squat and bench on the same day.

>add more bench work.
After you finish your workout, bench press until your arms giveout. Until you can't bench the bar.

>add accessory work
Push ups, triceps isolations and chest isolations should work here. Try skullcrushers, dumbbell flyes, and incline bench.

>Tl;dr you need to either add more bench press work or fix your arm pain. Your arm pain is probably a result of poor flexibility and programmingp

As a skelly, my first deload for SL was 180 squat, 140 bench, 220 DL, and 95 OHP. I've been able to pass that plateau after the first deload

>My firm I correct but my right arm hurts like a motherfucker.

Are you sure your form is correct then? If your arm is hurting it probably means you're overstressing your tendons or something.

We gon make it breh

If you are cutting, you shouldn't expect progress. And you don't need to deload when you are so inexperienced so don't take that advice.

Thanks man, this is super helpful.

I'm going to go in early one day when the gym isn't crowded and just do empty bar till I get my firm right
True, true, thanks for the help.

You're not gonna get your bench up if you don't eat. Don't be one of those guys who want to get shredded and strong at the same time. Eat at maintenance and you'll get stronger bench. Bench always first to lose gains during cut.

What's your routine?

Just SL5x5

Workout A:
Squats 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5

Workout B:
Squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlifts 5x5

I alternate between the workouts every other day.

oops
Deadlift 1x5 not 5x5

>SS
>SL
literally the most meme worthy lazy ass workouts that only fatties follow.
get on a real program you spazz.40 minutes of barbell work wont do shit if you want to lose weight.

What do you recommend

PPL for aesthetics.
SL is for people who want to get their lifting numbers up.

>every other day
You mean three days a week with a rest day between sessions?

Don't listen to this faggot, SS and SL are perfectly fine. The people who say you can't get aesthetic from them are retards.

Strength = Aesthetics

That is indeed what I mean sir

you know you can have the same body just doing bodyweight pushups,pullups,squats and curls right?
lifting heavy barbells and fucking your spine for the same muscle you'll get from light dumbbells is not worth it.

kek,this guy doesnt even have a chest and his legs look like shit,SS confirmed troll.

PPL looks much more fun and effective, Im going to try that for a while and compare results. Thanks buddy.

>Strength = Aesthetics

lol no

5x5 is fucking annoying. I'd recommend doing PPL and following it. 5x5 can be too much volume it fucking wreck shit if you suck.

Do 3x5 of Barbell lifts and then do volume of dumbbell lift. It'll be more pleasant

Is Zyzz' PPL routine good?

Don't mind me, just getting 20 pounds of muscle doing body weight push-ups