Elevation Training Mask

Are they worth it? And to those who have them, what's your experience, would you recommend them?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0224_040225_evolution.html
amazon.com/Ultrabreathe-ASI7492-Compact-Breathing-Exerciser/dp/B0000E2PBX#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1470366393094
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never used them but saw people using them, They drool out of the holes in it and sound like fucking darth vader when they breath.

They don't work

if he takes that mask off will he die?

It would be extremely painful.

it will be less embarassing

For you

>wearing the mask
Why does he do this?

First time I saw one I thought he just wanted to be Bane.

One guy I knew used a mask while lifting, but it turned out he was lifting to deal with PTSD so he probably liked the O2 dep euphoria.

Simulates higher elevations with lower oxygen. Used to prepare for exertion in such regions, and by tryhards.

>Simulates higher elevations with lower oxygen
nope. It makes it more difficult to breathe, it doesn't actually reduce oxygen levels.

It's literally ass backwards. The point of low oxygen/high altitude training is to induce an increase in red blood cells by forcing them to adapt to having less oxygen available. You still want to do hard training in optimal conditions to produce the best results. The phrase actual competitive athletes use is "live high, train low." Athletes live at altitude but somewhere near a steep decline, so they can get low oxygen 20+ hours per day, then get the hard work in at lower altitude ~2 hours drive or less away. They're using a low oxygen condition in the literal opposite way to improve fitness.

If I pull it off, would he die?

he's a big guy

>posting such a thread here

banefags are going to invade OP, where do you think you are

If they worked you would see Olympic and professional athletes using them en masse.

For you

>makes it more difficult to breathe so less oxygen = Simulates higher elevations with lower oxygen
Run normie run

So you're saying breathing through a straw is the same as being at a higher elevation? Because that's all the fucking mask is doing.

I like to imagine that all the elevation training mask, vegan, and nofap threads are made by one very stupid person

enjoy your collapsed lung, google it nigger.

you forgot the weighted vest/clothing threads as well

are you an olympic athlete? then you don't need compression pants, you don't need protein shakes and you don't need a fucking elevation mask

jesus fucking christ

Underrated

They're just a meme

Someone get this hothead out of here

OP BTFO
P

B
T
F
O

So Veeky Forums, since the mask doesn't work, would you ever opt to work out in a gym area that had slightly depressurized and less oxygen rich air pumped in? If so, how much more would you pay for such a service?

no that's retarded

>compression pants
They literally do nothing. You don't need to be in the olympics to wear compression pants any more than you need to be in the army to wear boots.
>protein shakes
It's a supplement. Do you think vitamins are only for elite athletes as well?

How do you provide different pressure, stimulate higher red blood cell production and change oxygen/CO2 density in air with the mask?
Oh wait, you don't.
You wanna get elevation training results? Go into the mountains and live there for a year.

yo they make my ass look god tier so fuck off

hamon training

>instead of giving you this mask that makes breathing hard, we will give you this gym that makes breathing hard
What's the point?

Altitude training works. Of course it fucking works, but you have to spend months in a 24x7 always "thin" air.
It doesnt do shit if you deprive yourself of air a couple of hours a day.
Thats why cunts get mountain sickness and sherpas can climb the everest with no oxygen like babu chiri.
>news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0224_040225_evolution.html
Using that stupid mask will only yield in a bunch of spit running down your stupid face and looking like a total faggot.

The pressure and lack of oxygen is what stimulates the increase in red blood cell production. You're getting the same amount of air, it just won't contain as much oxygen, forcing your body to produce more RBC to compensate. The mask just makes you work harder to breathe, so it's a different effect

Why dont ya just wear a fedora to the gym? You'd look alot less autistic, those mask are retarded, people kept calling that one Kid bane behind his back, the little shit stopped wearing the goddamn mask

lmao @ I live in the city where the Olympic training center is

See
Also, the effect wears off if you're not continuously in such a environment

If you wore an elevation training mask 24/7 while actually training at high elevation, what would happen?

what would happen if you wear that mask at an already high elevation?

motherfucker I literally just asked that

BCAA's are good, whey is a great source of protien after working out.

i posted 30 seconds after you without putting this thread on auto update

Yeah it basically strengthens your lungs, I think they work for stuff like HIITS or elliptical training. That being said, I'd never wear it to a gym. Max cringe

At best you could adopt a high elevation life; but it is better to just be born in it.

Yup, thats why you train like a maniac before the big event hoping those blood gains will last long enough.
Thats wrong and total bullshit and you got it from wikipedia faggot scrub.

amazon.com/Ultrabreathe-ASI7492-Compact-Breathing-Exerciser/dp/B0000E2PBX#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1470366393094
Yo they got lung strengthening machines on Amazon. I saw this ghetto chick that had a heart attack and was staying at my dads use one, never knew you could buy one. Totally buying this shit for lung gainz

no

Pretty much. You'd have to sleep in an oxygen controlled chamber at least 8 hours while living with an oxygen limiting mask for the next 2 months to even raise your RBC count to any noticeable levels.

BTW once you do have any conditioning and you compete with it off those cells will die in 48 or less hours and you'll slpwly lose your ability you worked 2 months to get in less than a week.

T. I did it for shits and giggles, and trained at high altitudes before.

I don't know. I work with autistic kids, and some of them like to bolt, so I started making them carry around weighted backpacks and stuff, to make it harder to run away. Upside is, I don't have runners anymore. Downside is, when they tantrum, they kick like a fucking horse because they're hauling around 15 lb of books wherever they go.

Lol you should just get a cattle prod.

They do NOT work OP. Kenyans are born, live and train in high altitude environments which makes them stronger in long distance events elsewhere in the world. If you want this mask to work, you would need to wear it for a super long time so your lungs improve their O2 deficiency threshold. Hope it helps.

That's still missing the point. You want to live in low oxygen, to increase red blood cells, and train in high oxygen for maximum output.

We can't use those on the kids.

Trips of truth should have ended the thread.

They just don't work. They make it "harder" to breathe, but don't actually replicate the thinness of air and resulting respiratory/circulatory adaptation that happens at elevation.

haha nice

This. They don't lower the percentage of oxygen in the air. To get the same feeling as one of these meme masks put a straw in your mouth and try to work out with only breathing thru the straw. It's just less air, not less oxygen.

Damn bro.

>he thinks weighted vests are a meme
Yes, adding weight to your bodyweight exercises/sprints/cardio is for retards

Its not like SF in Australia assess your 2 mile run time carrying weight, that would be stupid and any unfit slob could do that

Ok welder here. Just putting my 2 dimes in. When we weld certain metals or use certain processes we use respirators. There is apparantly a OSHA test where we must prove that we have the mechanical lung strength to inhale against what little resistence a half mask will give. Meaning that i have no fucking clue if it simulates "elevation" breathing but also that there is something in terms of mechanical lung gains to "operate" a respirator. When i take off my respirator at the end of work i do feel like my first 10 min of breathing are extremely easy.

tldr

its a conditions you to suffer slightly to breathe mask not an elevation mask

why not just use a surplus gas mask with the lenses punched out and filter removed?

The only point of an Elevation Training Mask is to show that you're dedicated enough to spend money on pointless gym gewgaws.

Coming up with a cheap workaround is missing the point

Underrated post. Kek. Bane

How about just don't be a stupid mouth breather, huh, OP?

>creating an autistic t-rex
You're creating monsters, soon they fit right in to Veeky Forums

Why does every personal trainer tell me I should breathe more efficiently to increase gains?

They mustn't know what they're talking about, people don't just spend their money on stupid bullshit after all.

A close friend of mine wore one while training for a race in high elevations of Colorado. Two weeks later he was in the hospital because he suffered from micro-seizures due to low o2 levels in his bloodstream. Lost his license to drive for 6 months as long as he doesn't have another seizure.

>Are they worth it? And to those who have them, what's your experience, would you recommend them?

if you want less oxygen, just skip a breath while breathing.

>compression pants
>They literally do nothing.
They improve circulation so they're good for old people. A ~70 year old guy at my gym uses them and says they help.

I think the benefit of elevation comes from the lower concentration of oxygen in the air. This changes the concentration gradient from the blood in your lungs to the air in your lungs. A mask that just makes it harder to breathe would not change the concentration gradient, and thus have no effect.

This is all speculation on my part though. Does anyone know if the O2 transport in the lungs is just diffusion or if there's an active component to it? What about CO2? I'm guessing both are just passive diffusion, but I'm not sure.

I airsoft in a gas mask so i also train in one. I dont have to worry about people thinking in a SHTF mogoloid because i have a home gym. Only thing i would say is that having something protruding from hour face does make OHP awkward.

>nu males passive aggressively compared someone to a massive badass

>he didn't mind

Wow, what a loser

>somehow a mask will give you the same pressure as living in mountains
>and somehow it will do the same with gas density in air
>somehow brief training with a mask on will imitate MONTHS or YEARS of living in mountains, travelling in mountains and training in mountains

Fucking broscientists these days.

Why not just breathe through a straw or stick cotton in one nostril or something?

a smart comment on Veeky Forums! thank you!

Used exclusively by retards who don't understand the basic concepts of elevation training. Don't be a retard.

No they're bullshit. It's all broscience. I have one and I haven't used it since I found out the truth about them..

Seconded

You're working out your respiration muscles!

Nobody cared who he was before he put on the mask

Fucking look up the facts, faggot.

Here's the best advice:
Buy the mask, you'll get crazy strong and sexy. Then afterwards cover your body in bananas so that your skin can absorb the nutrients. This is how you grow the good muscle

^ see that utter nonsense? Well it's advice, and you asked for advice instead of looking it up like a smart 6 year old would do.

thats exactly what he said you daft cunt

>reading comprehension

Bite me, babe.

Park City, Utah
Flagstaff, Arizona
Mammoth Lake, California
Boulder, Colorado

Cities where you are high up and can get to lower altitude within a two hour drive or less to get in hard workouts. Live high train low is what actual athletes do. And I didn't even mention any of the European cities or places in East Africa where elites gather for this kind of training. Wikipedia nothing, look up the Instagram account of any athlete known for altitude training and see where their pictures are taken during different training periods.

This is the correct method.

Congrats on your diaphragm gains!