Cutting General

Hey guys, how's the cut going?

Also, how do I know if cutting is working? I've gotta eat 2260 calories a day, and I am, but some days I feel hungry and I like it's "working" but other days I feel just normal. Is this typical?

Also this is cutting general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O8qFTvze1tk
yourworldoftext.com/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cutting since 295, dawg. Currently 255. One day I won't be obese. One day.

I believe user

Good going bro. One day you'll think back to the days when you were cutting and you'll be proud of yourself

Stalled

332---->248

Took off the winter, got lazy, now I'm hovering around 260

Could be worse, trying to get back at it

Fucking tubby get back at it or else people that visit a Filipino dating website will shun you

Started at 360 , weighed myself today , weighed 316 and a half... Been working out mainly , been dieting for a week now.... Hopefully i drop it at a good rate.

You'll do it

Yeah , thanks man.

Good luck senpai, you can do it.

I'm trying
Rode 20 miles on my bicycle today...

If I could only turn off my appetite - I would have never been over 300lbs

I feel you on that one man , I was eating a combo from burger places 3 times a day. You get use to it.... Now I feel guilty as fuck eating it once a week....

>jawline is more pronounced
>abs are prominent even when not flexing
>shoulder vascularity
>chest striations

Fuark lads, I think I'm making it.

Dropped my BMI from 33 to 26. No longer obese. BP is down, resting hert rate is down. ADHD and anxiety are not nearly as bad as they were before. Still have another 40 pounds to go, but I feel great. I feel like Im actually somewhat attractive for the first time in my life. Im not a miserable delusional fat hateful fuck anymore, and I had no idea how bad I felt until I started dropping the weight.

How do you know you're losing weigh? Like do you feel it? Besides weighing yourself - it's more like the OP's question

Yeah man, it's tough. Remember though, diet and eating habits are just a habit. You ever fuck up your sleep schedule to the point where you can't fall asleep before 2am or whatever? You know how it takes weeks to get back to normal? It's the same for eating habits, it takes a long ass time to fix the urge. Even if you're not in need of nutrients your body is like "I expect food now so where the fuck is it??"

All you gotta do is reset those needs. Remember, giving in to them just reinforces the wrong habit. I found that intermittent fasting really helps in this regard, but YMMV.

Wow are you me? I swear I'm the only guy that writes dawg like that, also down from 333 to 233, gotta go to 180/190 I think

youtube.com/watch?v=O8qFTvze1tk

>DNP not part of a list of most dangerous ways to lose weight
Time to blast some fat

Or don't

Working out for the past 2.5 months since a 1.5 year break (prior to that been working out pretty consistently for like 7 years). Always had decent strength numbers but never actually cut.

About month and change ago I was 218, today down to 211. Getting close to my old gains. 6 ft , 25 years old.

Feel renewed, want to get down to 175 by like March. Actually feel inspired to do it. Think I'm on the right path brehs

Like shit. Well, I've only been cutting for five days, but it's been miserable. If I hit my fat loss goal at my first weigh-in (day 30), it'll be worth it, and I'll continue to cut until my excess 50 pounds is gone.

>have impossibly busy life
>still have time to train (texas method), but can never fucking cook
>don't really eat too much, but drink so much coffee with a "spot" of sugar and cream that I gained 50 pounds in 18 months

I decided to have a protein shake twice a day along with a four-egg omelette for a total of 1600 cal. and 185 grams of protein. Black coffee only. Every fourth day I'll cook or grab a burger or something for dinner. I'm doing IF other than the black coffee in the mornings, but that's calorie-free.

My secret weapon is I add fiber powder to the shakes. I never feel hungry, and don't even have the cravings for sugary coffee I thought I would. But now that I'm finally getting 100% of the fiber RDA, my stomach is in fucking knots all the time. I have to take Alka-Seltzer twice a day. Plus those shakes (3 scoops ON chocolate, 1 scoop fiber, 1/2 teaspoon creatine, 2 cups water, 1 cup frozen fruit) taste like shit and have the consistency of flame suppressant foam.

That's still better than the taste of defeat, keep it up user I know you can do it.

228 Lbs - 222
Happy for a month progress

EC stack has actually been working for me lately. 215 almost a month ago, 203 today. Feeling lean and mean

195 down from about 210. Been noticing quicker fat loss since switching my dinner of rice, beans and chicken or beef to spinach salads with protein and fats ( avocado, 1 hard boil egg, chicken, mushrooms, etc). 5 10 height btw. Still got some chub around love handles and chest but arms and legs looking nice. Wanna get to 180.

me again from last post. Anyone ever still feel fat when look in mirror regardless of how people tell u u look great or how good u look in pictures ?

Almost a month ago I decided to stop being a fat piece of shit, thus started working out and counting calories.I'm down to 245 from 260 and feel amazing. Who fucking knew calorie counting would be so easy??

From 190 to 172 in about 7 weeks. Trying to shoot for 10-12% body fat and making somewhat decent progress so far. Toughest part is up ahead. Left picture is 6/20 and right picture is 8/2.

You look good. How'd you do it user

Just started cutting, litterally four days ago.

Haven't been to the gym in months and ate like shit since then because lolschool

I have never wanted carbs more in my entire life

I can already see results tho and first cutting routine is tomorrow

I.... I think I can

Literal disgust of my own body. Lol
1500 calories a day, give or take. Sometimes as high as 1700, but no big deal since my TDEE is around 3000 a day.

Lifting days are typical Stronglifts, starting to stall out a bit, but I was expecting that with the cut and everything. Still pushing through with that Monday Wednesday Friday.

On Tuesday Thursday Saturday, I do my cardio. Start with some HIIT Typically 15 second sprint, 60 second walk, repeat. Do that about 10 times, walk for 5 minutes and begin Couch to 5k, currently on Week 3 of that since I just started putting that to a schedule.

It's taking a shit ton of effort but I have never felt better.

Oh, I also walk a lot. Like an hour a day. At least. It helps cool my body down at the end of the day after the California heat. Also helps revive my legs lol

You can.

Just gotta eliminate any thought you have of failure. You deserve more than an "I think." Make that an "I will."

keep it up man the progress is super inspiring considering it was just 1.5 months. you've inspired me to go exercise a second time today, thanks.

No problem, glad I could help. And thanks for the compliment, I'm glad to see my work actually paying off. I gotta see if I can find pictures of me from a few months ago, I was absolutely disgusted. The before pic of me was after like 6 months of shitty eating and not enough exercise.
I feel ya though, I did my sprints this morning and was dead so I laid in bed for the entire day and felt like shit so i got up and walked. Should have just ran again but I want to beat my squats tomorrow morning and that wouldn't have helped lol

Down from 260 to about 240
Seeing veins on your body and vague outlines of abs is great

how tall btw ?

Doing intermittent fasting for almost 2 weeks now (8 hours eating, 16 hours fasting), gone from 124 to 121, so I guess it's working. losing about 2 pounds a week, hope I can keep it up, it's hard to cut when my body weight is already somewhat normal to my height. Stubborn hip fat especially.

My biggest challenge is working out on an empty stomach, since I do some pretty intense exercise classes the last hour before I eat, and it's been slowing my improvement. I could perform much better before when I could eat breakfast, but I wasn't losing any weight then.

5'11"

Ate like shit today. Drank a lot too
Jesus I fuging suck hard
Someone beat this shit out of me please
I didn't even lift today and I was supposed to do deadlifts and squats

Orginally 219 now down to 200, goal weight is around 195-190. This is over the course of 2 and a half months.

Started at 230 dropped to 215 in 3-4 weeks went back up to 220 in 2 days. Drinking Guinness cause I'm depressed I went back up that quickly. Yeah I know that's not helping but I'll be going back to my cut tomorrow.

Now 205.2
Been dieting for 3 weeks.
Time to get rid of my fat power lifter look and become aesthetic!

That was probably all water weight
You'll lose it in a week bro

Looking a ton better. I can see the subtle difference. You're gonna look great when you hit your goal

>I didn't even lift today and I was supposed to do deadlifts and squats

Get to it then

Started at 220lbs, stalled at 140 for ages, down to 127 lbs. SEVEN MORE TO GO!!!

It's k. We have our weaknesses. Just jump back on the horse tomorrow.

I just had a bag of chips and a bag of chocolate chips.

Went from 220 > 190, but now I think I'm fucking up big time

How do I get back on track

>How do I get back on track
Forget the fact that you ate like shit today/yesterday and just get back to eating good, don't over-correct and eat barely anything the next day or you will get really hungry and binge again.

hi! So I started tracking my macros and calories 1.5 years ago. Only the past 2 months straight have I ever perfectly been able to follow them. It took constant, constant work because you are fighting YEARS of conditioning yourself to be a lazy fuck who just eats whatever.

Switching to tracking your calories and eating controlled portions of only whole foods is fucking HARD. Especially when cutting.

I binged a lot and drank a lot and got really emotional about it and was worried I just didnt have it in me to have the discipline necessary to meet my goals. I honestly thought that maybe I just wasnt the type of person who was capable of it and that my ego had been lying to me. Well after a fucking year and a half of keeping at it, failing time and time again, I finally now eat exact portions every fucking day with no difficulty. I measure everything that goes into my mouth, eat at the specific times I want to (IF while cutting) and have zero difficulty maintaining this deficit.

Its hard. It is not an easy process. But it WILL happen, shit just clicks, you go from binging once every few days to once a weekday to once a week to once a month and then all the sudden you are a fucking machine with endless willpower.

Just keep at it man!

its ok. Its totally ok you WILL get back on track just give it time this is not a quick process. Your not just fixing your body your brain and emotions are attached to food too and its a messy fucking process to short this shit out, especially if you are an amerifat and everything around you is encouraging you to give up and be a pig.

Stay strong man, give it time.

this is a writing I found after hours of scrolling through yourworldoftext.com/, its an extremely personal piece of writing you wont see in any motivation thread, I like to think I'm the only one who ever saw it as it was gone the next day.

Hope it helps you dudes.

Can't agree with this more. Counting calories got me this far. ( ) Makes me really think twice about what to eat when I see numbers going up and down, and also gives you awareness on every food you may encounter.

How do I know I can start bulking again? I'm cutting right now to clean up my diet and get back in some sort of shape since I fell off the cart last year

I used to just bulk and my body responded to it really well but I've never cut.

How do I know it's time?

>feeling hungry on 2200k calories

Rly?

I mean, it's really up to you. I'm going to clean bulk once I'm at about 10% body fat. Where are you at right now?

You see idk, I fucked up and left my scale at my previous place when I moved and never needed one until now. But I'm probably somewhere in my 20s

Wow, I'm surprised I got a response other than "kys faggot". Thanks bros, your kindness inspired me.

Terribly. I used to be virgin NEET so when I got my shit together, got fit n a gf I became so used to a constant access to hole with my ex that I'm now dependent on getting some. I am in a perpetual low energy state unless I know I have access to hole on-demand.

I need to start up again but I am really, really sick of chicken breast.

You can cut on beef and pork my nigguh

Odds are, it'll be clear enough to you when you want to bulk. Just have to go until you either can't take the cut anymore or are satisfied

All the way down boys. all the way down.

Yeah you don't really need to worry too much about what you eat, just how much you eat of it. You can eat beef, but not as much of it as you can chicken, etc.

There's a hundred different ways to cook chicken, just keep trying different stuff.

Down to 268 from 300
Cut is ez so far. My friends are gain goblins though.

>December 2015: 205lbs
>40% Protein, 40% Fat, 20% Carbs
>Lift 3 days, Cardio 3 days, 1 day rest
>Currently 175

Home stretch. Still got love handles and a small belly

Currently week 2
105kg / 230lbs

lost 7kg, probably mostly water weight. Not working out or anything, just going for walks at lunchtimes and the usual yard work

goal is 75kg, and then go from there in regards to lifting

>can only drink maybe one beer or I go over my limit
Fuck, maintenance weight can't come fast enough. I need to lose more fat.

I lost a lot of muscle on this cut, bros. I stopped working out for two months and only intermittently worked out this last month. I look and feel better but I've still got a ways to go. I'm probably just going to keep cutting this entire year until I hit visible abs as an indicator of fat and then eat at maintenance while lifting to regains some of that muscle.

ALL. THE. WAY. DOWN.

Underrated. Just gotta soldier through. Be strong Bros

Quick question, if I'm eating normally to cut, but one day of the week I decide to say fuck it and BAM eat a whole pizza, 2k above my daily goal. Is it gonna fuck me over in the long run? Can I do cutting if one day of the week I decide to eat whatever I want?

calculate the deficit you will be at for the first 6 days, then make sure the 1 day of overeating does not negate that defecit.

ex. If you are on a 500 cal defecit for 6 days you have a weekly defecit of 3,000 calories, so on your binge day do not eat over your TDEE by 3,000 calories and you have acheived a weekly defecit and are losing weight (slow as fuck).

That's a great summary.

You should add "How to make friends and influence people" by Carnegie

thanks. I like to keep the wierd ones that havent been posted in years.

>Keep your true friends close
I only figured this out recently. There are so many people that are false friends. You may not even realize it.

These are the people that flake out on you, even if you remind them personally beforehand that you were going to do something together. These are the people that never want to do something if it's just you two, they always want more people or it "isn't worth it". These are the people that would rather play videogames alone than do something with you.

I know because I used to be that person. Now I can't fucking stand that person.

Switch to hard booze. 1 Beer is now 4 shots.

Horrible. I keep fucking up. I don't think I can stay on this ride much longer guys.

a
l
l

t
h
e

w
a
y

D
O
W
NYOUGOTTHIS

Can cutting be done without any lifting or cardio? I lifted for 2 years but don't feel like coming back for now. I gained 8kg in the past year, now I wanna lose 10kg to hit back my target %

iktf bro and it is indeed a good feel

then it is not cutting it is losing weight and muscle mass will not be spared even with high protein.

Just planned my first cheat meal

Pizza and pasta.

Cardio the next day tho

That's fine. It still loses me weight, right? Why do people associate weight loss with cardio? It ingrained in my brain that I need to run to lose weight, that doesn't make any sense.

mirin shoulders

after 3-4 days of a consistent deficit your metabolism will begin to slow (no joke), peaking at around 10%-15% reduction in metabolism depending on just how aggressive your cut. Thats only a max reduction of 300-400 to someones TDEE, cardio is a great way to negate this metabolism reduction and ensure you lose weight steadily.

literaly no idea hwat im clicking on this time the text is too small but here gooooesss

Something something CocaCola advertising.

I saw it mentioned here, if you go for a run, you can still drink that can of coke
etc

but keep in mind that reduction in metabolsim was the amount Lyle Macdonal expected you would experience in a PSMF, the most aggresive possible cut you can do, so dont think your TDEE would drop by that much if you are just doing a regular cut.

5'9 250lbs to 238 here. I'm at about 1600 cals today.

Started craving a big ass bag of lime hot cheetos like 30 mins ago and I'm forcing myself to go to bed early so I don't pig out.

If the craving is still bad tomorrow I might just eat a whole 1600 cal big bag for breakfast/lunch, do an hour of cardio to free up 500 cals, and have 500 cal dinner

I started cutting a week ago once I found out I was a 300 pound fatass. Weighed myself at the gym today and I've gone down to 295. I'm running at 1500-1800 calories daily, which is a stark decrease from the normal 3k+ I normally eat.

This is the first time since high school that the scale has gone down, rather than up.

300lbs down to 285 over the course of 18 months following the Boogie2988 get depressed constantly and food is the only outlet plan. S-someday, anons.

Come on dude you can do better. Find a different role model than boogie.

How to lose thigh mass/slim down muscle?

that shoulder scar is badass

I hate it that I gain weight or stagnate every time I have a period, then lose 4lb afterwards. Makes my progress graph look fucked

Starting to see my rectus abdominis.

5'10" king of manlets here

Been cutting for 14 weeks now. Down from 106kg to 94.7 kg (cba to convert to freedom units).
What you you guys do to keep up motivation on a cut?

I need advice famalamadingdongs.

Always. Despite the fact that my gut is now almost nonexistent clmpared to when I was 105kg, I can still grab some flab and it fills me with rage.

>tfw

Think of a nice girl at work or college/uni. One that you have a slight crush on, imagine you lift your shirt up to her, her disgust when she sees your flabby belly compared to what she would do if she saw a chiseled gut, that keeps me going everyday.