Why are Historians so homophobic?

Why are Historians so homophobic?

>Greeks fuck everything that moves
>"aha! they were gay!"

>thank god we don't live in those backwards times anymore
>hey the people living these backwards times were also faggots too
>this proves we should ALL be faggots

Im gonna take the bait and say that it's because people with a poor grasp on history look at things in the past through a modern lens ("they shared a bed! that makes them gay!") and because homos hate bisexuals.

>My enemies are faggot -random guy 500bc

SEE GUYS SEE, YOU COULD BE GAY IN THE PAST, IM TOTALLY NORMAL

>Historical figure: *is gay*
>Historian: He was actually a man that abused his position in society/financial position to abuse young boys

The whole "authority figure is lovers with someone under them" is like people a few thousand years from now saying "priests and teachers that molested children in their care were taking a guiding shepherd position.

>achilles: when I die, mingle our ashes together so that we may be together for eternity

>historians: f is for friends who do stuff together

>General XYZ never married
>HE WAS GAY !!!

Ancient Greeks were largely bisexual. Just about every man had a male lover to go with their wife.

>two men share the platonic friendship and band of brotherhood that only two warriors can
>"Hurr! them was gays cus they didnt say no homo!"

Gays have always been considered abnormal and even in our more open society people recognise that homosexuals make up only a relatively small part of the total population.
This means that the chances of a historical figure being gay have always been lower than the chances of being straight, so historians, unless faced with overwhelming evidence otherwise (which can't really be brought to bear with historical figures from the more distant past) still assume that they were heterosexual.

"No."

"No!" Homosexuality was outlawed in many Greek city states, yet alone Sparta. There's also evidence that the "homosexuality" present in the Iliad was read into the text by later (predominately Athenian) writers, and that the Bronze Age Achaeans were harsh in their treatment of homosexuality.

Name me one gay historical figure of note that wasn't just a pedophile

>people can't just be friends
Also mutual jack offs aren't a new thing

Nisus and Euryalus checkm8 romantisticfags

Hadrian was an Ephebophile, not a pedo.

if everyone in the past was gay, why make such a big deal about our societies being progressive for accepting gays?

>Sparta
True, Sparta wasn't really that gay. They were completely cucked and humiliated by women though, truly a subhuman culture.

>Bronze Age Achaeans were harsh
No.

>Ephebophile
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The exploitable political power behind communautarism in democracies, and its polarising force.

me
oh wait like little girls, I guess there is no one user

Y-You do realise that Ephebophilia is technically still completely legal in most European countries, right?

Ephebophilia is a meme used to make you feel better about being a pedophile.
Also just because it's legal doesn't mean it's socially acceptable by any means. The age of consent in my country is 16, but if an 18 had sex with someone who just became legal people would consider them a pedophile.

>words only mean what i feel like they mean
you're a female aren't you?

Enjoy being despised for the rest of your miserable life pedo scum.

Yep. Females need to be exterminated.

What shithole are you from
>inb4 east europe

"oh"

Australia.

you and I both know that kid would be regarded as a legend.

You're the literal definition of a dero cunt.

and you're the literal definition of a poofta

Frederick the Great

Frederic the Great was unironically super gay.

no he was just german

Them's the rules though

Opposing degeneracy is the duty of every conscientious humans!

Also feel repulsive against abnormal disgusting things such as faggotory is totally natural to any normal sane person. Stop being faggot!

He wasn't. There isn't a single proof he ever had sexual relations with a man, he just hated women to an absurd degree.

An 18 year-old sexing a 16 year-old isn't weird desu.

>just platonic
>totes nohomo bro

>Recent major biographers of Frederick, including Alings, Burgdorf and Hahn, are unequivocal that he was predominantly homosexual, and that his sexuality was central to his life and character

t.Reinhard Alings, "Don't ask – don't tell: War Friedrich schwul?" In Friederisiko: Friedrich der Große: Die Ausstellung (Munich: Hirmer, 2012), pp. 238-247.

t.Wolfgang Burgdorf, Friedrich der Große (Freiburg: Herder 2011), pp. 67ff.

t.Peter-Michael Hahn, Friedrich II. von Preußen: Feldherr, Autokrat und Selbstdarsteller (Stuttgart: W. Kohlhammer 2013), chapter 2.

is this bait, my 16 year old self must have been a megapedo then

It was pederasty with an adolescent male not a prepubescent child ie pedophilia.

The concept of "teenager" didn't exist until post-WWII nor the idea of underage over the age of 12.

In the past folks got married from 13 onward and no one saw it strange if a 30 year old man married a young bride but that was when society saw adolescents as adults albeit young and not as a second rung of childhood.

Today by our standards, it's just plain creepy because an older person knows it's wrong and frowned upon by society making them abnormal in their sexual appetites.

What is interesting though is in the past, an equal relationship with a male partner of the same age wasn't really accepted especially in their adult age. And there was often still a stigma attached on the penetratee.

Pederasty needs to stay in the past as we don't need creepy ass old dudes groping high school boys.

History is for winners do I even need to go further then this.

what did he mean by this?

Yes, because Love wins

Justin, shouldn't you be governing Canada?

enjoy being so pathetically butthurt over getting btfo on Veeky Forums

No dude, supremacy wins.

Germanics are notoriously anti-gay.
Just look up the massacre of Thessalonica

there's far more people on the internet bullying gay people than there are actual gay people. You guys are despicably mean, truly just garbage human beings with no empathy.

Damn, this bitch must have a time machine, since she for sure knows whether or not a historical figure is gay or not.

Lol whatever fag

yet they are so flamboyant
Just look what the nazi wore

>historical dude: damn, bro, you're looking nice today
>tumblr: *furiously starts shipping*
>historian: akshually the dude was straight, he just happened to remark on how nice his friend was looking that day
>tumblr: REEEEEEE STOP MESSING WITH MY HEADCANON

>his sexuality was central to his life and character
Sounds like a fag to me.

>learn about gays
>start to hate them
Wooooooow

>this

>18 year old likes a 16 year old, he's a pedo
Jesus fucking Christ mate.

posting random twitter screencaps should be an instant ban

There should be pretty strong evidence before somebody is considered gay. Even then, I don't even get why it matters much. Knowing what got somebody's dick hard is one of the least important things to know, I care more about their accomplishments and impact.

T. Faggot

>Having sex with a 16 year-old while you are 18 is pedophilia
Nobody, except the girl's father would think that you dumb fuck.

>>The concept of "teenager" didn't exist until post-WWII nor the idea of underage over the age of 12.
Where do you take that from? Genuinely intrested

>random

It seems pretty related to the thread topic and responses?

Pimpin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it.

Which of the Greek city-states would you say is the most subhuman or degenerate?

Harvey Weinstein

>"homosexuality" present in the Iliad
Whenst'd've?

t. eurocunts. If the age of consent is 18 than its pedophilia

>Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children
Did you not hit puberty until 18?

t. retard

pedophilia is attraction towards prebuscent people. 18 is adult legally and biologically.

>hurr hurr the age of constant doesn't matter
t. retards. Crack open a law book

Prinz Eugen

true
I like you user

that person seems like they might be a nutjob

Pitt the Younger, was he actually gay?

Tchaikovsky, Hadrian, Alexander, Antinous, Wilde, and Frederick the Great.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as pedophilia, is in fact, hebephilia, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ephebophilia. Pedophilia is not merely the attraction to anyone under 18, but rather a totally separate disorder (not a legal term) listed as a sexual-psychological disorder categorized under paraphilias, a group of sexual-psychological disorders in the DSM-IV and considered a disorder under the standards of the American Psychological Association. Many people could be considered ephebophiles despite the fact that they themselves may not know the term, much less what it means. Through a peculiar turn of events, ephebophilia and hebephilia became grouped under the very general and inconclusive cultural term "pedophilia," and the majority of people using the term are unaware that they are referring to non-paraphilic sexual preferences that are unmentioned in the DSM-IV and occur relatively harmlessly in a great deal of the population. There really is a pedophilia, and these people may be referring to it, but nevertheless it is a small part of what is labeled under "pedophilia." Pedophilia is labeled as a paraphilia because it is by nature unhealthy. Paraphilias are all unhealthy and destructive to relationships, but are restricted to the definitions set forth in the DSM. Pedophilia is simply grouped with the non pathologized conditions of hebephilia and hebephilia because they share a few similar traits. In reality, pedophilia separate from both and should be treated as such, and many people described as pedophiles would be better described as hebephiles or ephebophiles.

Spartans were cucks? You’re shitting me. 300 Spartans fucked up who knows how many persian assholes and died doing it and you’re telling me they were cucks? Where the hell did you read this shit?

Did you see this in a CGI movie, user?

Law determines what constitutes as child abuse. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, which is defined by medical manuals.

most off the so called gay historical figures liked to fuck young boys, not other adult males

'Gay' wasn't even a common concept until 300 years ago. Being 'Gay' is ultimately tied to an identity. However the act of sodomy is vastly different from the homosexuals identity. With sodomy it is the act in and of itself that is at the center, with homosexuality it is the idea of lifelong, exclusive Same-gender attraction.

People in ancient Greece weren't gay, they just fucked men. Fucking men doesn't even necessarily make you gay anyway, since one could still be bisexual. There is an important distinction to be made. 'The (male) homosexual is largely a product of victorian-era Europe.

t. Michel

>300 Spartans

Please tell me this is bait. No one can be This fucking retarded.

a lack of terms for homo and heterosexual does not make everyone bi, it just means they weren't autistic enough to make labels for what they were primarily attracted to

Leonardo Da Vinci

The word "gay" meant happy up until a couple of decades ago. The point you are making is non-existent.

Are you fucking retarded?

I never said nor implied that. Read again.

I'm sure you can list a single incidence of him having sex with a man then.

>Are you fucking retarded?

To be quite honest this just sounds like you spazzed out and had a fit rather than a serious question. The etymological argument were you trying to make before you had a mental breakdown wasn't very good btw.

>it was in a comic book so it must be true

Because you're focused on the Hispanics. Everyone hates faggots.

My argument wasn't etymological, my argument was that the conflation of personal identity and sexuality is a recent phenomenon you huge brainlet. Everyone fucking knows that gay used to mean 'happy' you spaz.

You claimed being "gay" was a common concept 300 years ago.

Gay obviously referring to the homosexual identity, (the way we use it now) hence why I even put it in brackets so mouthbreathing autists like you don't have to spend out

They literally were according to Plutarch. Too lazy to dig out the book and get the exact quote, but apparently (as with most ancient historians, this is a pretty big 'apparently', but still) it was Spartan law that men were encouraged to pursue relations with married women, provided they could earn the trust and consent of her husband.

You seriously think being homosexual as an identity was common in the West 300 years ago and that quotation marks are the same thing as brackets?

You have some cheek, lad.

Whatin the actual fuck am I reading. Didn't you have sex when you were 15-16 years old?

Boetian detected

>homophobic
except its fairly common for historians today to tackle lgbt shit in history in their works, whereas an older historian wouldnt have even thought of it outside of mentioning it for some major historical figure.
the fundamental problem is normies assume sexual mores and identities are unchanging and apply modern identities to historical societies So people assume greeks were "gay" when in reality it was typically pederasty and was more based on a penetrator/penetrated dynamic. shit like that.
t.gay guy
I recall reading one of the Louis the xteenth of France was gay (the one ruling with Richelieu and Mazarin) and basically got Mazarin to fuck his wife to get an heir. Theres also the Sacred band of Thebes

Homosexuality is a modern social construct and not real