7 g of protein

> 7 g of protein
> 5 g of fat to stay full
> 0 g of carbs

why aren't you eating pork rinds Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

buttoni.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/oven-fried-chicken-livers/
ruled.me/low-carb-crispy-fried-chicken/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no way on this planet to convince me that fried bovine skin is healthy and nutritious. Common fucking sense tells you that user.

I'd like to eat them for the protein/calories, and they're dirt cheap too. They're just gross for me. Can't get them down.
>bovine
wew, and that wasn't even the most retard thing you said.

The FDA literally requires them to say "not a significant source of protein", because collagen barely fucking protein
>pork rinds
>bovine

You're so right op. Also check out how much protein jello has. Get the sugar free stuff and it's no fat or carbs. Just protein!

They're good tier if your on keto

they are okay if you eat like 1 or 2 but then they start to leave a weird taste in your mouth. its llike meaty but gross

I solved this problem by dipping them in ketchup and having water with it. Tastes decent

If it's not even about taste, why are you having them? Have chicken breast you pleb

>b-but not enough fat
Shallow fry them in a bit of butter with garlic then

spicy chicarones or bust

because I'm not going to fry up a chicken breast with butter and garlic during my 15 min coffee break or waiting for the bus after work. It's convenience food that won't wreck your gains like chocolate/chips, not a replacement for a proper lunch/dinner

Pack your lunch fag

>Taste like shit
>Sodium
>800 calories a bag
I dunno OP.

already do pack a good sized lunch. Pork Rinds are an occasional snack when I'm still hungry. If OP is eating pork rinds every day he's not gonna make it, but they're definitely above junk-food tier.

Fair enough my man but if you're getting so hungry then you should pack a bigger lunch

I mean if you fucking love the taste then sure go for it because it's decently healthy but if you don't even like them much then why pay extra money and ingest all that sodium? Better to have more good natural food instead.

>leave work
>my lunch was yummy but not filling
>I have a bunch of healthy food at home
>it'll take me an hour to get home tops
>but if I don't shove food in my face right now I'll go into starvation mode
>better get fried pig skin

>Fair enough my man but if you're getting so hungry then you should pack a bigger lunch
you're probably right on that. Underestimated the amount I'd need to eat once I started lifting.
Average lunch is beef barley soup, chicken/roast-beef sandwich, assorted vegetables. Any protips on easy things I can add, or should I just increase portion sizes?
>implying I go immediately home after work
you don't know my life. I've got a lot of shit on the go. Made it home at 8pm today after leaving home at 7am.

Oh I'm sorry. I never should have pretended to know your life. My bad.

Hey here's a fun fitness trick that is also auto related (if you happen to go to Veeky Forums ever). When you're driving, if you look where your right arm lays (left if it's an import), there's actually a secret box there you can put stuff in. Great for hiding some protein bars if you don't wanna shove deep fried pig skin down your gullet

That's a pretty dank lunch man, just increase portion size. You tracking macros?

Also this

>You tracking macros?
haven't been. I'll reread the sticky
>tfw too pleb to own a car

Alright, I know I'm being kind of an ass but I genuinely want you to succeed. Pork rinds are not a very healthy snacks, even insofar as convenience store food. Theyve got a ton of salt and unhealthy fats, with a protein that is all but garbage. If you're really struggling and you need a snack in between, I like to have 2 rice cakes with almond butter ready to go if I know it's going to be a long day. If it's unexpected and I just have to buy something, most convenience stores will carry a protein bar or something. The macros are usually mediocre, but it's a lot better than rinds.

>Alright, I know I'm being kind of an ass but I genuinely want you to succeed
all good man, would take useful info over a hugbox. Any protein bar brands you'd recommend? The ones I've tried so far are candy-bar levels of sugar that I can't really stomach.

Have tried to snack on them, but the after taste is awful to me. They can be crushed up and used as breading though, like so

buttoni.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/oven-fried-chicken-livers/

ruled.me/low-carb-crispy-fried-chicken/

>Chemical and sugar laden processed protein bars are a lot healthier than natural fried pig skin.

Heh.

they're p gross

>not a significant source of protein

aren't pork grind proteins literally the same as just amino spiking your whey with taurine and other shit?

You don't really absorb that garbage.

They're basically all collagen, which might have some health benefits (its believed it could help with joint support similar to glucosamine and chondroitin) but is pretty much null as far as useful aminos go.

Colagen is the single greatest supplement I have added (after whey) and you can feep the benefits in reduced soreness.

Won't make it a long story but I was feeling overly sore on joints (particularly knees) and was recommended Colagen by an Ironman athlete and the difference has been huge, even recommended it to some friends and they have had great results too.

However take it hydrolyzed (ala whey) otherwise the absorption is shit. Specially since almost all the body will consume it if available.

I have also added the glucosamine and chondroitin but the effect has been very minor compared to Colagen.