After 3 months of lifting, I finally did it guys! I achieved my goal of being able to bench 135lbs

After 3 months of lifting, I finally did it guys! I achieved my goal of being able to bench 135lbs.
I no longer need to have friends swap weight.
I'm a big boy now.

I struggled with two 25lbs when I started.

Congrats user. Youre another step closer to making it. I believe in you my man

Keep rocking m8

Grats, bruh!

Now that you climbed this mountain, the next one - 225 awaits.

You can do it!

185 is a good checkpoint though

fuckin congrats, I mean it

I started working out almost 2 weeks ago so this is really motivating, can't wait to hit 1pl8 as well, we're all gonna make it user, just keep pushing and don't stop

>set 1pl8 bench as first big milestone
>hit 1pl8 bench months ago
>still hate myself
>still think I look like shit

fuck

Fuck yeah, user, hitting 1plate on anything is rad. Shit, i was excited to hit 1 plate on squats haha

Lift your bodyweight next if you're skinnier, then 2 plates, youve got this

Probably because a 1 plate bench is mediocre, nobody is going to look big doing that. Now 2 plates is where you'll start looking big, focus on achieving that.

Tfw struggling with 1pl8. Can hit baby pl8 for 20 reps but 1pl8 only 5.

It's not even so much the weight but the anxiety of not having a spotter and then hitting that extra rep to rip.

What body weight are you at? I only ask because I don't want you to get too gung-ho and hurt yourself or get frustrated when you stop making progress.

get a power rack

>I struggled with two 25lbs
I'm 2.5 weeks into SS and I failed 75 yesterday. ;_;

NO

It comes with experience. You know when you can make that last rep. Just little by little become more comfortable with the weight you're handling. Guards only get in the way. Also, you're presumably lifting less than your body weight. Were you to just roll it off of yourself you'd be fine. You'd look like a dingus but who cares so long as you're having fun?

That's because you've been at it for 2 week. Keep working at it and in 10 weeks you'll be so much stronger that you'll be embarrassed by your uncertainty now

Geatz, many reps?

Keep it up. Good job.

I just lifted that this week.

>tfw hit 130x5 last session and tomorrow is 135
Give me strength brahs

I've been lifting around 8 weeks, and I've seen reps go up on bench since starting. But I went down this week. Can anyone explain that? I was really upset with myself and discouraged to see my rep count go down,

Good luck my dude, you got it

>NO
>I rather get crushed and die than lose a few cm of ROM

Could be a number of things
>eating less thank normal
>tired
>stressed
>just an off day
just make sure you're good for the next work out and give it all you got

>get to 225
>haven't improved in 4 months
you really need to have a goal or you go nowhere

Not eating enough

Thanks muh man.

How much are these measurements in metric? I am Euro
I have only lifted for 2 months and have improved a lot
When I start I could only bench 30kg, now I bench 70kg
We all will make it

135 lbs = about 61 kgs
25lbs on each side = about 43 kgs

2.2 lbs per kg

doesnt even matter if you fail on one pl8 mate, you can just roll it down your body no problem

>buy some weights and a bench
>check out fit progress threads
>see people bench ~300 lbs
>decide to load it up with 100 lbs
>almost kill myself trying to bench it

>3months
lol

>Anonymous 08/04/16(Thu)23:29:16 No.3817
I'm so close to 2 of my goals op. I'm at 105 bench and 175 squat. I can't wait to hit 1pl8 bench and lmao 2 pl8 squat. We're all gonna make it brah.

use 275 as a milestone