Ok I'm tired of hearing debates over this from Fitness Junkies online and in person

Ok I'm tired of hearing debates over this from Fitness Junkies online and in person.

Is milk good or bad for you? (lactose that is)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jbmr.2181/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4948942/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/23224725/
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4540860/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is milk good or bad for you? (lactose that is)
Two different questions.
Milk is good for you. Anyone who says otherwise is full of momscience horseshit. If you're lactose intolerant, get lactose free milk.

Almond milk is fantastic.

Good for you?
No, not at all

But it won't immediately kill you and will keep you alive if you're hungry.

i'm wondering this as well.
especially since i'm trying to lose weight.

Regular milk is the shit.
Drank a shitload of it as a kid.
Makes me think about tiddies, which I often do.

>I'm tired of hearing this debated
>So lete start a debate.

C A S E I N
A
S
E
I
N

>milk
>not good for you

Skeltals need good calcium

I tried buying lactose free milk, and it was alright.
I didn't like that it smelt like farts, and I could never tell if it was still good or not because of it.

almond milk isn't milk you LOSER it's almond JUICE

I would really love for someobe to explain to me how the in the fuck milk is in any way bad for me??? Because the only reason I've received so far was from some vegan retard hippie cunt saying how the cows are """"raped"""". Sure bad whatever couldn't give a flying fuckaroo about the cows though that doesn't say shit about how milk is unhealthy for me. I fucking hate these faggots milk is the shit eat a dick

user drinks almond MILK and bangs STACEY while YOU prepare almond JUICE and stay ALONE.

Cow milk is healthy under one circumstance only - you are a calf

jokes obn you faggot i'm gonna get huge off bovine growth hormone

Milk does the opposite of give you strong bones user.
It's been proven.

And why is that, hippy retard?

Human titty milk is too expensive.
There's a reason I drive a focus rather than a ferrari.

>inb4 you cite the study with 20 women who don't exercise as a study group
Prove it.

i always get 2% and drink it in the morning, evening and night with protein powder. so far 24 yr strong on this planet. milk is good for me.

>2016.
>not activating your almonds.

just doing a quick lit search over the past 5 years you seem pretty wrong; it might be benign at worst

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jbmr.2181/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4948942/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/23224725/
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4540860/

milk is got tier breh

ITS GOOD FOR YOU

>.gov
>.gov
>.gov

Oh fuck my sides. Please user post more and enlighten us with your information.

He cant give you an answer. He is just spouting something he read in a magazine or heard from some moron.

user if peer reviewed journals aren't a valid source to you, what the fuck is?

badly compressed .jpgs on a Ukrainian Pierogi cooking image board

Are you actually retarded?
>hurrrrr you can't trust legitimate institutions they have agendas
>check out this better source from milksubstitutelobby.org

There was a harvard study that was conducted over decades.
It stated that not only does it not help bones the over consumption of it drains calcium FROM bones leading to or exacerbating osteoporosis.

anyone tha says milk is bad for you is a shitskin

>tfw Nordic/ Celtic and can eat ridiculous amounts of dairy with no problems

This is just my opinion. I love milk and consume it daily. Ill start by saying that there is no such thing as a perfect food. Ill go more on that later.

But I drink milk for many reasons, one major one being that I want to get all my micro nutrients for that day every day, and milk alone gets more almost half way there! Add 8 cups of milk into a cronometer and see for yourself.

Also milk is low in iron so I find it a good reason to make it a staple protein.

About the bad about milk. Well you will hear people try to demonize it but they usually blow it out of proportion. Like I said before no food is perfect, and really with health it comes down to weighing the good with the bad. With milk the good really outweigh the bad!.

Some things you will hear people say about milk is that it is acidic?? Which is straight up dumb, since if anything it is a light alkaline.

Another big thing you will hear is milk has estrogen! People go nuts on this one. Well guess what, milk does have estrogen BUT let me explain.

There is about 1mcg of estrogen in a quart of milk. To put that in perspective, one birth control pill has 30mcg of estrogen. Now do you know anyone who is drinking 30 quarts of milk in a day? No, you dont. No one is.

This is what I meant about weighing the pros and cons. People need to stop seeing things as black and white. Personally I will continue to drink milk to reap all the benefits from it.

Say that to my newly gained 2/3/4/5 - only chage was adding a giant bowl of milk&oats.

It's just a high caloric beverage.

The protein in it is better from other sources, the calcium in it is better from other sources. It's mostly fat and sugar you're drinking.

I'm sure GOMAD is a good idea for hard gainers, but milk in general is not good for it, that being said unless you're lactose intolerant it's not particularly bad for you either. It's just like natural fruit juice: Some micronutrients for a not-really-worth-it amount of calories.

Notice how you didn't link it, because it concludes that moderate milk consumption is beneficial for maintaining healthy bones.

Are you a vegan? You act desperately retarded like one.

an infograph some guy on Veeky Forums made

>if you ignore the calcium, protein, and every other part of the milk that isn't fat or sugar, it isn't good for you

>The protein in it is better from other sources,
Isn't it fucked up by pasteurization?

Link to it please?
I want to read that portion.

These are actually very good articles.

Milk has a perfect ratio of calcium to phosphorus at 1.3:1. Milk is also a good food because it has no anti-nutrients (phytic acid, oxalic acid, etc.) and is very low in iron. It has a good ratio of protein:carbohydrates:fat. Also milk has almost all the vitamins and minerals.

I wish people would stop bad mouthing milk :(

wasnt there some story a while back that huge companies wanted to keep pushing milk because they were losing money? does anyone remember that? they had like billions of dollars ready for marketing.

Muh appeal to nature fallacy.

Our ancestors drank milk, they loved it so much they even ate it when it went bad(cheese, yogurt)

Our ancestors also weren't know for their lifespan or healthy bowels

Yet we keep up their traditions. Fuck eh

They're also all dead. Checkmate atheists.

It's fine as part of a balanced diet. Not good to make it a huge part of your intake.

what about in terms of shakes?

All this genuine info and quality posts and that's the guy you take as fact? I'm convinced, fit is cancer. People ask for answers but don't actually want it, they just want to hear someone else validate their own beliefs, so they feel better about what they do or plan on doing.

evidence for both sides. If you need calories and you like milk/dairy, there's no reason some of your calories shouldn't come from that source. A few glasses of 2% each week will never be any type of concern, at least no compared to stuff like getting enough sleep, hydrating well, stretching, etc.

Also interested.
I have almost half a litre of milk with my oatmeal every morning, an average of 50g of (milk-based obv) whey protein per day, and I go through about 2 kg of regular and/or greek yogurth per week. Occasionally some cheese too... So overall I think I'm a fairly heavy milk consumer...

I am not against milk or anything but the ratios of calcium and magnesium in milk is all fucked up so its not as good for your bones as the commercials will have you think. Norway was at the top of the list of milk drinking and at the same time had the highest rates of some fucking bone disease.