what went wrong, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.ca/the-economy-of-titos-yugoslavia-delaying-the-inevitable-collapse/
pod2.stat.gov.rs/ObjavljenePublikacije/G1961/Pdf/G19614001.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It existed

the Bulgars didn't join to power-balance the serbo-serbians

s*rbs

Too many historic grievances and national unity lying only in a single, mortal man.

1) Forced venture, even tho the communist government gave up on the joint Yugoslav identity promoted by the royal government in favor of a brotherhood of peoples it was still a country without full consent (the consent of the representatives of AVNOJ is illegitimate).
2) Underlying issues that started before initial unification, and exponentially worsened over time, especially during WW2 were not addressed. These issues simmered in a pressure cooker and exploded in full force.
The sad thing is they still exist. You can still hear very loud voices talk about "settling scores", especially in Bosnia and Serbia, while to Croatian government uses every opportunity to act like dindus.
3) Unsustainable economic model with failing companies kept afloat by the government, huge budget and trade deficits, massive unemployment in a country who's top priority was employment (2 million expats sending money home from west Germany and still 20% unemployment). Hidden costs that encouraged irresponsible behavior, the reason why old people (and young people indoctrinated by their parents) cry over "HOW GOOD IT WAS", because you got "free vacations, free housing, you didn't have to work hard", the company shoulders these costs, and the government shoulders the failing company by going into debt. You also had massive corruption within the companies themselves, unfit executives who's only concern is finding ways to illegally profit from the company, lavish trips, foreign drinks, setting up contracts with "friends" and employing unfit family members.
I agree, Bulgaria joining would have calmed down the politics, at least made the players more cautious and calculated.

Basically after this alpha Croat mf died serb-bitches started chimping out

ZIVIO TITO

serbs sperged

Serbs

The world was not ready

I'm beggining to think the Serbs might have been the good guys

>/pol/ : serbboo
>Veeky Forums : croatboo
tb desu

>Croatboo
Lmao go drink your Austrian semen, mix it with some fermented Hungarian urine while your at it

>the absolute state of this board
go back with that kind of talk to wherever you crawled from, man child

You aren't in a position to judge who's a manchild and who's not. Now debate me or fuck off with your meme feefee bias.

debate you on what? Your tantrum of a previous post?

Debate your faggotry over the eternally irrelevant whore of a "nation" built by Austro-Hungarians and Venetians. Why was Croatia good and why was Serbia bad?

Was the debt really that big of an issue? It was around 20 billion dollars in the end of the 1980s which amounts to less than 25% of GDP in 1989. To me that doesn't seem that much, compared to how indebted countries are now.
>20% unemployment
source? I never saw the figure to be so high.

>compared to how indepted countries are noe
>now
You mean >now that nobody other than Russians, Americans, Chinese or Turks are allowed to make any decisions for the planet.

Your reading comprehension is even worse then your childlish writing style. I was only stating how I saw Veeky Forums feels whenever there's croat/serb thread. Now fuck off back to /b/

You are too smug of a faggot to be telling anyone what to do, kiddo

When the USSR went down the old business model of playing NATO vs. Warsaw Pact didn't work anymore. This naturally weakened the country. As in all multiethnic countries people flock to their own tribes and religions thus accentuating the formerly less important tensions.
The US sought to correct their post-WW2 failure of not gaining a base in the are and started destabilizing the country covertly. So did Germany for economic reasons.

>flock to their own tribes and religions
when shit hits the fan

>shit hits the fan
What shit?

Economic decline.

>hurrr we runnin outta money nigga
>lets sperg out and destroy our own nation by plunging it into ill-perceived nationalist separatism
Who were the bad guys here???

Everything

mises.ca/the-economy-of-titos-yugoslavia-delaying-the-inevitable-collapse/

>you don't live in the timeline where Yugoslavia/Illyria still exists as a feudal title subject to the MarkSoc United States of Greater Austria

nationalism is poison

>>lets sperg out and destroy our own nation
there was no nation to begin with. Only a tiny tiny few considered themselves "Yugoslavian".

>source
>my ass

Source is that I'm from there, my amerimutt friend.

>When the USSR went down the old business model of playing NATO vs. Warsaw Pact didn't work anymore. This naturally weakened the country. As in all multiethnic countries people flock to their own tribes and religions thus accentuating the formerly less important tensions.
this is true

>The US sought to correct their post-WW2 failure of not gaining a base in the are and started destabilizing the country covertly. So did Germany for economic reasons.
This isn't though. Firstly the country was already destabilized as fuck. Secondly the US under Bush was supportive of Yugoslavia not collapsing and made measures to help that from not happening

t.opanĨar
>tfw when a "whore of a nation" manages to beat you in every aspect continuously through history
>b-b-but we wuz
Mythomany at its best.

>try to forge fake national identity
>your country ends up as failure
doesn't helps that they were slavs too, who are very prone to tribalism tier behaviour
look at todays """""ukraine"""""""

fpbp

Balkanites are worse posters than Turks desu

>Secondly the US under Bush was supportive of Yugoslavia not collapsing
As long as a Soviet influence had to be kept at bay. As soon as the USSR were out of the equation though they started supporting the KLA

But it's true, in 1961 only 1.7% of population identified themselves as Yugoslavs. Curiously enough, in Bosnia the percentage was 8.4. Source: census survey 1961 available here, p.2 pod2.stat.gov.rs/ObjavljenePublikacije/G1961/Pdf/G19614001.pdf
Though, as I understand it, to be a Yugoslav was more of a supranational identity, a recognition of brotherhood. Retaining folk traditions and costumes from each republic was actually encouraged.

>USSR collapsed in 1989
>Kosovo war happened in 1998/9
And Kosovo war has little significance for breakup of Yugoslavia. Don't post if you don't know jack shit about the topic