m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLjwsfTSeMHRG6jsrK4xyoBg&v=p0j4DY_io7I
youtube.com/watch?v=gT5d0vtw6Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=_uktvrZ3sfg
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine,
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4ABUgskUI
youtube.com/results?search_query=flare tutorial
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I a one arm handstand?

I feel like I should have the strength to do it. I can do 8 free handstand pushups touching my nose to the ground every time.
I can hold 1 arm hs + thumb on the other hand easily but as soon as I let go I get thrown off my balance and fall down.

Also how the fuck do I do a press handstand? I can't do a single one either.

What should I do if I'm too tall to hang straight from my pull up bar? I want to move to straight leg hanging leg raise but I just haven't figured out a way since my bar is too low. Is there another variation I could do instead? I see some people do them moving a bit sideways on each side, maybe that?

why not both?

I don't believe I ever stated one should only ever do body weight exercise. I personally believe a variety of training methods bodyweight, freeweights, etc is the best way to achieve general health and fitness. But it all depends on personal goals. If someone only wants to do weights or bodyweight or even only wants to run then there is nothing wrong with that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytjIgIe5CVQ
You need to shift all your weight over one hand using the other hand for support and gradually reduce the support on that hand

For the press handstand
youtube.com/watch?v=EM3IHbynKxc
Work on the pancake stretch
youtube.com/watch?v=wAwzPPQ0N8k
and compression drills
youtube.com/watch?v=X_pv-8qlYgQ

pancake progress is so slow it hurts

ain't that the truth

I've been trying to hit the straddle planche for a year and half.. I've been able to hold it for at most 6 seconds but most days I either hold it for 2-3 seconds or I can't hold it at all.. What's up with the huge differences? Any advice

Do it so your leg go as low as they can without touching the floor and then get them back up. Kind of like L-sit into a leg raise thing.
This will actually be harder due to constant tension.

self improvement is masturbation
he couldve make that muscles with proper nutrition and lifting, with less effort
why spend that much time so i can prove myself that i can do those to stroke my ego? nah thnks

also downvoted cuz wastin glitch mob
1/10

into the dump it goes

Autism

it's about health fuckah

>it's about health

Going to the gym will magically give me more gains with less effort? Wow thats really cool

yep

I can do those beginner shrimp things easily but I still feel like nowhere neeeeeeear being able to do pic related. It's one of my goals.

actually will yep
this bodytype takes 5 years of bodyweight lifting to achieve, max 2-3 with gym and proper diet

Any good, easy to follow flexibility routine for beginners out there?

I've been doing this for a few weeks now: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

A lot of progress in some areas so far, very slow in others

I can do those but i cant do a single shrimp squat
Yet you dont look like that despite all your lifting.
The goal of bodyweight training isnt aesthetics yet most people who do it look more aesthetic than the average gymcel.

Bear in mind I can only do the beginner ones, as seen here: youtube.com/watch?v=Dpgn6eRtsdw

Current goals

Squat
Deadlift
Bench
power Snatch

straddle Press handstand
front lever
strict muscle-up for reps
inverted muscle-ups

Am i getting greedy?

Whats your weekly routine like? Im curious to see how you balance calisthenics and weightlifting. I can usually do one or the other for long periods of time.

thanks, looks super useful

upper
lower

If you need to go back to an earlier progression.
Work on advanced tuck or one leg extended planche holds and pushups.
You could also try controlled handstand to a planche progression negatives (see webm)

Not at all. Similar to me
>Goals
Sqwot: 180kg (2.25xBW)
Binch: 140kg (1.75x)
Dead: 240kg (3x)
OHP: 100kg (1.25x)
Weighted chin up +BW
Weighted muscle up +30kg
Full planche
OAC
Front Lever to muscle up
Elevator

I usually do PPL, having one heavy barbell movement at the start of the workout followed by body weight exercises and skill work that compliment the muscle groups that I just used.
So a push day would be either bench/ohp followed by planche, handstand pushups, dips, etc

I can do wall handstand push ups but I can't do a normal fucking handstand. How should I progress from here.

Spend more time doing stomach to wall handstand holds to build endurance. Remember to open your shoulders up as much as you can, and don't arch your lower back.

I saw a video about handstamd and the guy taught a cool trick to get better balance. Instead of having your arms out in front of you have them about a foot apart. It makes balancing much easier and you get to spend time upside down without falling as much.

I'm not sure I understand from your description. Do you have a link to that video?

m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLjwsfTSeMHRG6jsrK4xyoBg&v=p0j4DY_io7I

These threads are toxic. Sure, a handful of super dedicated people people can make some gains with bodyweight training. However, what this thread is mostly gonna do is prevent people who should go to the gym from doing so.

All these "I have social anxiety" and "gotta get a strength base before I go to a gym" pussies are never gonna make it to a gym if they listen to what's posted on this stupid fucking thread. And this means that they'll never make any progress. Theyll do a few pushups at home and that'll be it. when what they should really be doing is growing a goddamn pair and going to a gym. They should be lifting weights and doing it often.

Interesting. If that works for you then do it.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say or if this is just bait but no one is encouraging that.
This thread isn't for people to just do a few push ups and pull ups and sit ups.

It's for people wanting to obtain advanced body weight skills and strength. I like to think of /bwg/ to callisthenics this like /plg/ or /owg/ is to lifting weights.

How is this going to prevent people from going to the gym? Where are the posts saying they have social anxiety or need a strength base to go to the gym?

When i used to lift I saw people in the gym every day who looked like shit from my first day there to my last.
If youre not dedicated and you dont train hard it doesnt matter what youre doing you will make 0 progress.

Maybe some people just enjoy bodyweight exercises more. Recall the name of this board--as much as lifting and gym culture is represented here, this board is dedicated to fitness in general and represents a host of different activities that can make you fit.

Also, you're generalizing a bit about the people who come to this thread and what they want out of bodyweight. Sure, some people will not be dedicated, but that's the case for any activity really.

also if this is bait 10/11 you go me good

I figure that this is like a calisthenics general or something?
I don't know where to ask this but this seems like the place: whenever I do pullups it doesn't feel like I'm working out. It just gets harder and harder to do. It feels like my muscles don't get the sensation of working out. I don't even know what I'm saying but yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=gT5d0vtw6Rk

DYEL attention whoring general

Ftfy

Will climbing the rope affect my chin up gains? Should I do both or stick to one?

Hmm you maybe referring to getting a pump?
You could try different tempo pull ups or trying to contract your muscles.
So at the top of the pull up really squeeze your lats (imagine pulling your elbows to your hips) and hold it for a second before going down.
I guess they are cool but aren't really that impressive to me. They don't really have much more benefit then a regular jumping/explosive push ups
Shoo Shoo troll. Go tell /cbt/,/owg/,/plg/,or any other thread where people post progress that they are also attention whoring.

Depends what you're trying to accomplish. Cimbing ropes can help with chinup numbers but its rarely going to do more for that than just doing more work on your chin-ups, so its mostly going to be useful if a)you have goals that involve improving your rope climb (and "I just want to take a crack at rope climbing" is good enough in that regard) or for some reason you can't really do more direct chinup work.

Thanks for (you), Ill try it for 1 month and report back.

Rope climbs are on of the greatest pulling movements you can do. Works grip and is a good way to develop your one arm pull up.

nice projecting mate

can someone post the jpg with the progressions please?

I've been messing around with bodyweight for a while now. Just decided I wanted to try lifting for a month to be more well-rounded, so I got myself on SL.

When I get back to calisthenics, will the lifting help? Is there carryover? I guess I'll end up heavier, but will the raw strength help with stuff like advanced pushup variations, advanced pullups? Will getting gud at OHP translate to better handstand practice?

I can do pistol squats with a 30 lb dumbbell, but I got on the squat rack today and my 5 x 5 was only 150lb. (I'm 170lb). That's sobering, tho I guess it's partly because I'm not used to the movements.

This one?

They should. I know for a fact that once you can squat 1x BW, you can pistol squats pretty easily provided you have excellent balance and mobility. Or maybe my form for pistol squats is pretty damn bad, hence why I can do them easily because I'm cheating somehow(I can squat 2x bw now, but I haven't tried pistol squats for a long time)

Not sure for upper body carry over, but I'm sure muscle is muscle.

>y-youre not as big as him tho!
Not an argument. Gym allows you to get larger faster quite simply because you're lifting progressively heavier based on your strength. Bodyweight does not allow that. Get rekt m8

Lifting will carry over, provided you'll keep on doing bodyweight between lifting sessions, so your body will remember the mechanics, movements, balance, etc.

>linking to reddit
>people will actually defend this

Is my upper back suppose to round while doing plank? It tends to round when I maximally tilt my pelvic (hollow body), should I be straigth or rounded is ok?

From my experience they both have carry overs to each other. Specificty training is always the best but if youre getting stronger at either one it will carry over a little bit.

If you are progressing with bodyweight correctly there should be progressive overload.
Kek'd at that pic

Are you talking about a planche or plank? 2 different exercises.
It is ok if your upperback rounds during the planche tho.

Plank, on floor and on rings

Like this? If thats the case than yes uoper back can be round.

Progressive overload nigger

Then how do people like or get muscular if you cant progressively overload with bodyweight? Are they using some dark magic as well?

Hey, been doing bw for 4 months now, i feel that i am still really weak, i can see my abs if flexing, but barely if i dont. I feel that this isnt about my bodyfat. I am at 64kg, 1.73m. Should i still cut? Or do i need more lean mass?

>Leverage

As my abs got stronger i noticed they showed more without flexing. So just focus on strength.
Its very hard to have defined abs without flexing tho. I can see mine at around 14% bf but they still dont look as good as when flexed.
In short just get stronger.

If you're planning on your arms, keep it straight and don't forget to engage your core.

If you let your belly hang, you will struggle and get none of the benefits.

>youtube.com/watch?v=wAwzPPQ0N8k
holy shit, not the same user but this really motivated me to work on my handstands

at the moment I'm stuck with three wall assisted handstand pushups. before the injury, a couple of years ago, I would manage sets of eight.
should I just wait till my shoulder press increases (i'm hardly close to my old numbers) or should I just focus on handstands more?

How does forearm grow from training pull ups? I have never noticed gains in my forearm from pull ups (i do 3x8 pull ups)

Probably because your arms are already used to pull ups. If you want to give them a bigger challange you can try the following.
>use thicker bars to do pull ups
>use a false grip
>hang from a pull up bar with 1 arm

My bodyweight training

Found out stretching through your back your shoulders and stretching calfs helps really well

That almost looked like the video was sped up for a second.

Daily reminder to always keep progressing once an exercise is too easy. Doing 3 sets of 50 push ups wont make you strong or give you a big chest. Same with any other exercise.
Once you can do over 15 reps its time to move on.
If you really like the exercise you can always keep doing it as a part of a warm up.

I would suggest performing planks with a hollow body (core engage and shoulders protracted). It's much more beneificial and builds progression into the planche.
youtube.com/watch?v=_uktvrZ3sfg
Fuck man nice flares
This. Push ups to easy? feet elevated push ups, bar dips, ring dips, ring flies, weighted dips, iron cross

>"calisthenics"? So you dont use weights at all? but you're a man.

Bumping the thread with a recent progress pic
Who /stretching/ here?

Nice lad.
I use to have that kind of flexibility when I did Taekwondo but atlas I stopped fro 5 years and now have to work back to it.
Atm I'm focusing on the pancake stretch more than splits as it benefits other skills i'm trying to do more.

Not everyone cares about looking like some roided up douche.

Plus I went from 135lbs at 5'11 to 185 lbs with 12% body fat from calisthenics.

As always diet is more important but you wouldnt know that would you fatty?

Thanks
I really dont have that much need for it since ive quit as well but its just a skill i have worked on for a while so i dont wanna end up losing it completely.

Why does my left shoulder feel uncomfortable/unstable when I'm doing dips? It feels like it's more prone to "slipping" or something, if that makes sense, whereas my right (dominant) shoulder and arm feels really stable.

Perhaps its injured or you have an imbalance

So which one is the best routine?

This: , this: >Beginner Routine
>reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine, or the Diablo one?

Also, anyone here does only Bodyweight? Or all of you do bodyweight training and wight lifting?

Doesnt really matter man just see whichever one appeals more and do that one.
Also i only do bodyweight and im I occasionally max out in a gym but i wouldnt call that weightlifting.

Nice, bro.
How did you train flexibility? stretching?

What are some lat exercises I can do if I don't have a pull up bar? I already do barbell rows I'm just looking for more than one exercise.

How do I learn how to do this.

If you have a table or whatever do body weight rows. Hang underneath the table or a bar facing upwards
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4ABUgskUI
You could also start working front lever progressions from that position but is it that hard to find somewhere to do a pull up?
youtube.com/results?search_query=flare tutorial

At the moment I don't have anything thing to pull up on so I've just been doing bent over rows and handstand walkouts hoping it's enough for the meantime.

We stretched in taekwondo classes every single day. I just do the same stuff at home.
Barbell rows pretty much cover horizontal pulling. All you can really do is switch the grip(like Dorian Yates) to get more lat activation. I cant really think of any vertical pulls you could do with a barbell though.

Best bodyweight routine for a nice ass?
I just looked in the mirror and I think I need to do something about my ass. It's too small and flat.

fuckaaah

My exercise selection would be
>uphill srints
>pistol squats
>jump squats

Glute bridges/ Glute ham raise
Glute focused squats
Single leg kick backs
Pistol Squats

(nice trips)
thank you!

i could always do a full pistol squat pic related. but to do it with proper form and reps it took me maybe half a year. also shoes make things a hell of a lot easier. but any benefits from you being barefoot is lost, not that this is a big deal for people.

odd. work on deep lunges and assisted shrimp squats to get the feeling of the new exercise. maybe take it slower so you become more aware of your approach.

>Yet you dont look like that despite all your lifting.
a lifter will have different gains than a bw athlete, saying they are going for the same look/goal. if you are emphasizing how cut pic related is, well yeah most lifters and people in general can't/won't get that cut with that build by default.
>The goal of bodyweight training isnt aesthetics yet most people who do it look more aesthetic than the average gymcel.
the goal is different for everyone. your point is invalid. i'm not even hating on bodyweight general. i've been doing bw for 2 years. ability and aesthetics always improve. they can't not improve if you are staying healthy. you come off as aggressive and uninformative.

Thx I'll try the grip

Hey, im the one that posted the first pic, and i only do bw. Gyms are too expencive and far from were i live. Only doing bw seems to be working fine, tho a bit slow maybe. Its all about diet imo.

injured supraspinatus muscle on left hand, can't work on hands or chests, time to squat, pump abs and calf raises all day err day

Hope your hand and wrist gains don't deteriorate as you w8 to recoup

how far are you from these frankly insane goals?

also about PPL, wouldn't it make more sense to start with the skill work? fatigue from barbell exercises probably fuck ups your precision.

I've just started bw training. What kind of equipment should expect to have to buy over one year if I want to get good?

Pull up and a dip station
Rings if you can hang them somewhere
And a backpack or a weighted vest
This imo should be more than enough. The only thing that id say is 100% necessary are the pull up and dip stations.

hollow body holds, arch body holds and HIIT hill sprints! gogogogogogo!