Prime age to start lifting

What age do you think is the best to start lifting? I'm 20, started recently, and honestly wish I'd started a year or two ago.

Also, what age were you when you started lifting, Veeky Forums?

Prime age is 15-16 imo. I started when I was 17

10mo

When you've reached your optimal height, you should start lifting

The best time was some years ago. The second best time is today.

Around the time facial hair starts to come in for males.

Then they get puberty gains like mad

Ya when you are as tall as you wanna be/ as tall as you're gonna get

Started lifting passively at 15. Started lifting well at 24. I was late as fuck to the party.

stunted growth is a meme

Wish I knew this. Instead I spent my teenage years playing video games.

You'd be a Greek God by now, user. Was CoD really worth it?

I played VTMB and WoW mostly.

VTMB was worth it, I was never good at WoW so that wasn't really worth it.

Injury and bad form could cause it though right?

This

As long as u don't break a growth plate or something 11-12 is ideal age

Started working out at 10, did it until 12 then stopped and started back at 16

Only a severe as fuck injury. 16 year olds are meant to actually do shit, not just sit on their asses all day. They gain easy as fuck if they lift, and have a shit ton of test and hgh in them.

Any younger, and an injury could fuck them up, but for lifting, late adolescence is prime to start.

Did you get any gains between 10 and 12? Also when you were 16, did you make gains quickly, or are puberty gains a meme?

Actually true yeah.

I started when I was 14 but I'm completely fine with that because I didn't even start lifting seriously until now at 18 and I'm always learning

How do you lift "passively"?

Did you lift taking a dick in your ass?

the best age to start lifting is the age you are right now

Puberty gains are defenitly a fucking meme i gained around 22 lbs in a fucking year of pure lean muscle when i was 16

went to the gym for the first time today, im 19

but i hit puberty about 2 years later than average, voice didnt break till i was 16. i can only grow bumfluff on my face

Found the 17 year old

I made some pretty good gains in strength when I was 10 but I didn't really put on much size except on my chest which got big and stayed fairly big and still is. When I started lifting again at 16 I put on size like crazy. The first year I gained 25lbs (granted some was fat but I stayed fairly lean) the strength gains were even more insane though. I went from benching about ~80lbs to ~160lbs in 6 months

I started when I was 15 and had no idea what I was doing. I did SS (without reading the book or really doing that much research) and gained like 20 pounds but my lifts didn't really ever become even intermediate for my weight.

I struggled with form for a long time because I had no friends who knew anything and I lifted at a gym where some old dude and his two sons would look down at me because I was squatting less than a plate and there was only one squat rack. I think I once failed 1 plate in front of them.

Ultimately I fucked up both shoulders and wrists with shitty press form. I ended up leaving that college shortly after (I went young) to go back to high school and stopped lifting.

When I was 18 my parents bought me an olympic weight bench with a squat rack on the back of it because they knew I had wanted one a year prior. I ended up doing 5/3/1 for like a few months before my shoulders scared me again.
I weighed 132 pounds and my lifts peaked at 135 for 1 rep on bench, 155 for 6 reps on the squat, 185 for 6 reps on the deadlift and 90 for 5 reps on OHP.

After that I got depressed from all my friends moving away to go to college and sat around masturbating and playing dota 2 with a couple months here and there dedicated to travel.

I am 22 now and just started lifting again 3 weeks ago (doing SS because Im completely untrained at this point). The best time to start lifting is now ofc, but it helps to be in control of your food and not eating parents money unless you're okay with asking for stuff, which I was not. I think what's most important is to work on form and don't skip training mobility.

Prime age is 14. That's when your test starts to fucking skyrocket. Think about it, what you missed in high school. What if you had a year of training by the time you were a freshman? 5 by the time you start college? You could look like a god.

Early teens since most people don't have mobility issues and are at their leanest

I started when I was 14 but 16 is the best age to start because before then the test is not quite pumping fully.

I started lifting when I was 14-15. I was short, and fat. I started taking it really seriously at 16. A diet with good macros, a good program, and I made some decent gains in strength (225 bench for reps, 315 dead for a couple reps, close to 3p squat), but then I plateaued, and the whole time had never seemed to gain any muscle.

Then at 20 I got diagnosed with a brain tumor. The thing had been making it literally impossible for me to gain muscle the entire time.

Sucks because I had an MRI done at 13-14 to check if that was something affecting my HGH levels, and they said it came back clean.

I'm 23 now. Could've accomplished all of my goals years ago if some overworked, shit radiologist had just done his fucking job properly.

Oh well, I'm almost done cutting now (tumor made me fat). The thought of bulking, and finally being able to gain muscle is literally making me jitter. I've been waiting 8 fucking years to do this, and all I have is like 15 lbs between me and finally starting.

So it's not a meme then?

My life would be ao different if i took weight class and basketball fundamentals instead of choir and theatre. What the FUCK was i thinking

that's really fucked up

i hope you have better chances now, take care user

get well soon fella.
Out of interest, how did you treat those scars? Look much improved

There's not really a universal prime age, you won't get great results until puberty starts kicking in but starting before that and focusing on form is a good idea. Basically you can never start too early unless you're trying to wrap a baby around the barbell

Thanks, man.

Just time. At this point they're closing in on being like 3 years old. I'm actually working with a plastic surgeon right now on removing them by just cutting them out and stitching them back together. We cut off an area on my arm, and are just waiting to see if how it heals is an improvement.