/plg/ - powerlifting general

more food isn't always the answer edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
strengtheory.com/lats-bench-press-much-ado-little/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Second for cycling off to compete in tested feds.

Considering buying some HMB since I need to cut the last 10 lbs into my class

5nd for /benchday/

did he ever follow up on this?

do you type out your full trip name every time? i'm still unsure what the ssb blew me the fuck out piece means lol

will powerlifting make aesthetic

with good diet + calves, quads, and upper body isolations 2x/week, maybe. vanilla: no.

i think he has a 5's progression for beginners which you can then ease into the full 5/3/1 later on. personally, at a late beginner stage i would skip the deload session and just do
Week 1
Monday 5's day
Thursday 3's day

Week 2
Monday 5/3/1 day
Thursday +5lbs 5's day
etc etc

What is going on here

whats a good cheap belt? i dont want the shitty walmart belt everyone uses.

Not really. See: every trip in /plg/

But who was
>Virtus
>Bryce
>Steamrolan
>Bodorio

>tfw pete replied to my comment

>mfw a weeaboo is in my thread

>tfw normie memes in seans thread

Sigh... summer was supposed to be over, not to start all over again.

timestamp, trappy

I'm not trappy you fucking retard.

That's exactly what trappy would say

so post pic with timestamp, Livia

I'm not home.

I didn't give you permission to talk to me sean.
This is your first strike.

You said yesterday to ask for your pic today
You seem to be avoiding the timestamp
Exactly what Trappy would do

post caffuchino

LIVIA CAVALCANTI IS BACK :)))))

Filip is objectively a beautiful creature

you're fucking kidding me?

Sorry that I'm not a NEET and am currently busy with important adult-life stuff.

ok, Livia
We'll be waiting for you :)

3/10
If you wanna get under my skin you're gonna have to try something else. I wouldn't mind being known as trappy-chan, I'd have my own army of beta orbiters like sean.

Liv :))

sup sean. wanna orbit around my dick?

Hey esme, how are you?

I'm fine
You?

Good, just been out for a couple hours, what have you been up to?

We 196 boiz

Fooling faggots into thinking I'm an ugly ass bitch

You just got played nigga lmaoooooo

What an autistic hobby

How much can I weight and still be lean + competitive at 6ft?

Why not just run keto?

225lbs

No desire to, this is working perfectly fine

>cutting for a year
>only maintaining strength
Hmmm, I dunno

>cutting for a year
>only maintaining strength

Cutting that much weight while increasing strength would require... unnatural supplementation (unless you were a super-newb with lots of BF).

>A year
Only been at it for 3 months m8

No I remember you cutting since like January

HMB (WADA approved)

Well you're wrong lmao. I started cutting May 1st. Was bulking like a dumbass until then

Why is it always you trying to attract the attention of the 1.5 females who frequent this board and when someone calls you out on it you use the same "wow ur autistic lol" insult, which, given the circumstances, is pretty ironic. I bet your the same person who posts trappy pictures every day. You're the reason why this board is shit.

Its been longer than 3 months. 3 months ago board shorts was bitching about how long you were cutting for

No I don't
No I'm not

That should answer everything in your spergy wall of text

'no'

Has it been 3 months already?

I remember it clear as day tho

Yea

Why does your body composition still resemble that of a blubery blob and not Jesse Norris who is the same height and bodyweight of you?

>That should answer everything in your spergy wall of text
3 sentences is a wall of text. Mfw there are actually people on this board who are mentally retarded.

>Jesse Norris who is the same height and bodyweight of you?

Being stupid on purpose is not a healthy way to get attention.

So glad that raging faggot isn't in the NFL anymore

Being fat on purpose is not a healthy way to get attention
>inb4 you post that fat picture of yourself with saggy fucking tits claiming not to be fat

TRAPPY PLEASE COME BACK

Now now. Just because you weren't hugged enough doesn't mean that it's too late to start.

Want to talk about lifting?

Anyone get pain in their testicles from squatting/deadlifting? My left nut is kind of throbbing as we speak. What am I doing wrong?

hey man come on stay on topic xD

dude peace lmao

dude the reason you dont like me is because you didnt get enough love LOLO
: ^)

Hey Buda this might interest you

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

High frequency > low frequency

Massage adductors and lower abs on that side.

The testes do tie in to some musculature

>My left nut is kind of throbbing

From a sports injury standpoint, you should see a doctor regardless.

If it's testicular torsion, you could lose a nut. If it's a hernia, it needs treatment. If it's testicular cancer, then you need to go stand next to the microwave with your pants down until it's gone.

>High frequency > low frequency
Sure. We were batting around that kind of training implementation 2 years ago (before it was cool).

Low frequency, full body, high volume is good for work capacity, hypertrophy, and metabolic stress.

High frequency for neural efficiency. Squatting every day is an excellent way to get really good at it quick (if you don't get injured).

Blocks of high frequency training can be very beneficial, in many different ways.

After getting a decent amount of pain in my ribs Tuesday post-workout (probably an intercostal strain), my deadlifts still felt really strong and pain free last night. My bench felt a little shaky though.
>tfw bench AMRAP tomorrow and some decently heavy squats
I'm really glad the best lift isn't affected at all, but hopefully squats and bench will go well tomorrow. I guess if it's not feeling better before too long, I could take some time off heavy benching to see if it heals (haven't had an upper body deload in almost 4 months).

I also just finished all my deadlifts on my first sheiko block last night and they never got above rpe6-7 or so. After some volume last night my 3 doubles at 360 felt ridiculously easy. Definitely upping my max 10lbs for the next block.

So my five rep max for back squat is about 90ks with sleeves and belt. My five rep max for front squats is 70ks with belt and sleeves. Good ratio?

Bw: 78ks.

>Good ratio?
77% is probably above average for a powerlifter.

Yeah but I'm a novice trying to increase my back squat since my quads apparently are too weak.

Dropped a lure on the poke stop at my gym so now everyone is losing their gains while I'm gaining.

Devilish desu.

My ratio is 84%

Why can't I back squat :(

Thanks lads, might've just been the abductors. Doing some stretches made it go away.

Squat high bar btw.

Front Squats are an excellent lift. If you're performing them with good form, they should assist your back squat well.

Glad to hear that Boris is treating you well. Choo choo to the gains train :)

>ratio is 84%
>Why can't I back squat :(
Idunno. Probably a form concern if your ratio is that high. Hard to say without video.

How fast could you get through 11 working sets of squats?

>he's STILL posting

At 10%? Pretty quickly

At 90%? An hour or so

Reminder when a noob was stalled at a 1pl8 bench press Buda's first piece of advice was to do more lat work HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

I've done 10 in 20 minutes, but the intensity wasn't very high. Probably 35-45 minutes with decent intensity, 60+ if the intensity is really high

I thought you didn't like anime, sean. Was it your love for the avatarfagging transgirl that changed your mind?

I took a 2 week break from powerlifting because my elbows were on fire. I was still able to bench press 370 (paused), and overhead press 200 x3.

2 weeks with absolutely no lifting and they still hurt like a bitch. How lond would it be a proper time to rest that shit? i already wanna lift. Help me brahs :(

i'm not sean ?

Mirin bench
BW?

>noob stalled at 1pl8 bench

It wasn't my first recommendation, but it is a close second.

I help coach football players through winter strength conditioning. 99% of the time when young players are struggling with their babyweight benches, they also are unable to perform pull-ups.

They lack coordination and musculature in their upper body (in general). Loading that kind of athlete up with assloads of more pressing (when they can't even perform a pullup) is a recipe for stagnation and injury.

Of all the athletes I've coached (many of which start around a 135 lb bench), the advice of "do more pullups" has worked in the vast majority to get the weight moving again.

Their stability improves greatly, not to mention their shoulder posture.

For a super-specified powerlifter with a substantial amount of upper body musculature, building a bigger back isn't a top tier recommendation.

That kid was lifting baby weight and failing. He lacked general strength. If he can't do pull-ups, then he doesn't need to be under a barbell.

Did you even read the article?

The lifters had the same volume and intensity, just higher frequency in one group.

The high frequency group had more hypertrophy and strength gains.

2 more hr until i go attempt 195x2

i'm on pot of coffee #2

should i take preworkout beforehand still? i havent had preworkout yet this week

Remember: caffeine takes 3 days to kick in. You definitely won't feel any effects before the 25 minute mark. So make sure that you have plenty

>Did you even read the article?
Yes.

>The high frequency group had more hypertrophy and strength gains.
Okay.

This does not necessarily mean that this is the best way to structure training year-round. It can be very useful if it convenient to the lifter.

Stop posting loli or else

hey guys (Buda esp. if you dont mind),

a little theorycrafting:

what do you think is most appropriate for someone nearing end of TM?

picking from
>general RTS
>Momentum
>TSA
>Sheiko

general RTS seems like Mike T stresses that you know a lot of RTS shit before you try.

Project momentum seems like he doesnt care as much about requiring you know all this stuff before you attempt it

TSA looks alright, and really hard, and only uses RPE a little bit

Sheiko is sheiko

I kinda want something where I can squat 3x per week tbqh.

reeeeee

i guess that's ok because she's into that though

please stop posting

>caffeine takes 3 days to kick in.

So in weightlifting, the sister sport, high frequency is considered the best way to train.

So in the only study of its kind, higher frequency had more hypertrophy and strength gains for already trained powerlifters.

What evidence do you have that a lower frequency routine could stand up??

>All these dyels trying to fuck with Buda
topkek,I love how everyone used to take what trappy said for true but give shit to a coach who actually lifts heavy and is very knowleadgeable.

She isnt into it.

I said STOP

>there are literal 15 year olds ITT that atg beltless squat more than budas all time equipped quarter squat (aka weighted knee bends) with wraps

Lol

Oh here's the kicker

These 15 year olds are half the weight of buda and train the squat as an ACCESSORIE

Lats are not used for the bench press, they are complete antagonists for all the movements involved.

There's no correlation between pull-ups and barbell bench press.
Prescribing pull-ups to help people fix their bench is moronic.

The only reason it has worked is because they were novices and even small amounts of bench press volume works for novices, not because pull-ups fixed their bench. Correlation does not imply causation.

Sheiko.
Just do squats instead of lunges on the deadlift day.

How about Nuckols? strengtheory.com/lats-bench-press-much-ado-little/

People listened to trappy because the things she said were correct. Buda (you) is not correct, in fact he's utterly incorrect about pull-ups and bench pressing.