Can i build muscle on a caloric deficit ie) lose fat and build muscle at same time?

can i build muscle on a caloric deficit ie) lose fat and build muscle at same time?

Other urls found in this thread:

pkbaseline.com/how-chris-pratt-lost-60-pounds-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the fuck did hodgetwins become a "lets eat" channel

Yeah with steroids

At least my nigga chris jones still keeping it real

If you're fat yes, for a period of time you'll gain muscle and lose fat.

If you're chubby most likely no.

yea especially if you are a newbie, if you aren't expect almost 0 gains.

Technically no - although it may appear that way if you are new and fat.

Will it make any difference doing stronglifts or cardio to cut? I'm overweight trying to get low body fat % currently around 20-21% 5'7 @ 200 lbs

Why not both? Every other day you lift and do cardio

Them sponsorship gains.
> We're all corporate whores, it's just a matter of price.

>losing weight
needs a caloric deficit
>gain muscles
needs a caloric plus to keep anabolic processes up

The answer is NO you cant build muscles and lose fat at the same time, everything else is Bro-science or a lie.

if you never trained before then yes

I get it that it's pretty much impossible. But can someone explain my situation.

Preface:
>Been lifting since I was 16, got decent strength gains but never took it that serious
>Lift for 7 years
>Take 1.5 year break
> Weighed 218 at 6ft when I got back into it 2 months ago.

At this point I've lost around 10 lbs and have gotten decently close back to my peak strength the past 2.5 months
So am I gaining muscle, and losing fat. Or is this some type of muscle memory magic going on

you are an idiot that knows shit about metabolism
1kg of fat can produce 70kcal per day. If you are a hamplanet and have 50kg of fat, you can produce 3500kcal per day from fat alone. This energy can be used
to build muscle, if you stimulate hormone production.

Yes

pkbaseline.com/how-chris-pratt-lost-60-pounds-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Possibly if you are untrained, possibly if you are on gear. Otherwise, absolutely not.

maybe you should visit a university and stop posting bro-science-tier-shit on a japanese imageboard. Not even starting to prove you wrong because you made so much shit up kek

>losing fat first
>building muscle after
>implying hollywood starts dont have doctors who support them with godtier steroids
>Beeing this new

sure thing m80, maybe you are genetically inferior that's all

he isn't completely wrong tho
when you're really fat and new to lifting you can build muscle despite being on a deficit because you're training isn't enough to use all the glycogen stored on the muscles and because of all the fat you have your body can use the protein that gets in to completely repair those muscles and burn the excess to keep you going

its a very sweet phase i must say

tbqh most serious lifters who spend almost all of their free time researching specifically about lifting and lifting diets know much more than someone who just got out of uni
In regular uni they don't go deep in those subjects and students have to learn about a lot of other things, kinda like joker of all master of none

I'm doing that, but was really fat. ow I have some muscles and keep losing weight.

Someday I'll overcome my shyness and post some pictures.

But not today

My man unless you're hiding some serious muscle under there you are much higher body fat at that height.

yeah exactly, uni courses don't even scratch the surface of the available knowledge in publications
I'm almost done with doing my PhD about metabolism, and in free time I scan the databases for publications about training. Most of them are shit-tier and their methodology is either poor, or straight out wrong. Anyway, I'm sure I gained 10kg muscle while cutting 60kg of fat during the last year. I don't think DEXA scans lie.

Wait, I am Skinnyfat slowly leaning to Chubby and I want to get the fuck rid of it and become Veeky Forums.

Should I not lift until I lose more weight? What's the point if I don't build muscle at all, or what's the point if I build lots of muscle but lose no weight?

you get fitter, improve mobility etc.
also, you should loose body fat% not necessarily weight
anyway, do mobility work (agile 11 or sty like that, and upper body mobility from the same guy)
I started with machines and bro split, but it does not really matter if you are a novice. But those are easy if you are not coordinated and not mobile.

Remember that muscle mass along with your fat equals your total weight. If you're lifting hard and kept the same weight, your muscle mass must've replaced the fat you lost.