Noob fag here

I'm a noob fag at trading/numbers. Let me get this straight...if I convert my ETH into an ERC20 Token like LINK....I will essentially forfeit any gains or loses on that ETH. If my newly acquired LINK doubles in price but ETH also doubles in price then I made no gains if I were to sell back to ETH...I would need LINK to outperform ETH during the time that I hold LINK in order to ever come out on top with more ETH when switching back. Now if LINK stays the same price or goes up and ETH goes down then I made more money if I switch back to ETH when it's price is lower than when I bought it. I'm I completely wrong with this? Or is there a possibility to turn the LINK into bitcoin if the price of ETH went up and bitcoin stayed low? Sorry for being such a noob fag

You're a fucking imbecile.

Also, LINK is a scam.

Don't listen to this goy. LINK is the biggest thing since BTC itself. Same creator.

Dafuq nigga

Don't listen to this shill. LINK is vaporware.

there will be no need to convert LINK back to ETH or BTC. LINK is the new god of crypto

You want to look at it in a simpler way.

What is more likely to happen, all things being equal. That ETH will go to 600, or LINK will double from 40 cents to 80 cents? I would bet LINK will go up.

lol I don't care if LINK is good or not it's just as an example for my questions

Thanks I agree with this...it's still the point that the success of making money on an Alt is directly related to if ETH goes up or down as well

It gets confusing when you mix $ price and Eth/Btc price..

Say you double in Link, but Eth doubles as well. You wouldn't have gained on eth, but you still double your $ profits.

If Link stagnants and Eth drops. You'd gain on eth, but $ is still the same cause Link didn't go up.

What you want is Link outperforming eth, while they both go up in $.

And yes, you can trade it for Btc. So you can see which it does better in, and profit from there.

How is this even a question. Jesus Christ.
You're not just a 'noob fag', you're fucking braindead.

Thanks it's helpful. The trading pair is what's confusing me. If my sole purpose of getting into an Alt is to gain more ETH wouldn't I want to alt price to go up and the ETH price to go down so my $ increase on the alt could buy me more ETH if it's cheaper than when I bought the alt? You said I would want the alt and ether to both go up

Brainlet OP, basically everything is tied to the main cryptos because doing conversion through BTC/ETH to USD would be a nightmare.

If you have 100 LINK that you bought at .001 ETH, you spent 1 ETH. If ETH is 300 bucks, you have 300 bucks of LINK.

If ETH rises to $400, you still have 1 ETH of LINK, but if you cashed out to LINK to ETH to USD you would get $400. Being in LINK is irrelevant here.

Say the value of LINK rises to .002, so now you have 2 ETH worth of LINK. ETH is stil $300 so you have $600 in LINK.

If ETH price increases to $400 and LINK is still up at .002, you still have 100 LINK = 2 ETH, so you have $800 in LINK.

If ETH dropped to $150 and LINK is .002 you have 200 LINK but it's worth $300 USD.

If ETH dropped to $150 and LINK was still .001, you only have $150 if you cashed out.

Everything is traded in BTC and ETH because you are just trying to increase your holdings of BTC and ETH. The price of BTC and ETH impact the price of shitcoins and impact how easily you could cash out.

If your link doubles in btc, it will also double in eth (minus or plus the difference in btc/eth rate).
If meanwile btc and eth double in price, your coin will be 4x more in $.

That's why we use the price of an alt in btc, not in $.

Also there's an arbitrage going on, so if someone buys the whole order in the btc pair, a bot will buy the eth pair and sell on the other exchange.
On binance you can see those 1'000 orders constantly, that's it.

>If you have 100 LINK that you bought at .001 ETH, you spent 1 ETH

please go back to school

Thank you very much

Oops I forgot to move to the decimal.

OP just plz divide all LINK quantities by 10 or add another 0 to the ETH price of LINK, I fucked up. Was just making up clean round numbers for a sample.

you fell for the larp

This.

I understand what you did it all makes sense...thanks man

Yeah, basically what he said.

fuck your mother if you want fuck

People who think of the price of alts in USD terms are destined to forever stay poor

you forgot LTC.

Wow. This dude is one of the dumbest people herre. Is this even real?

Just out of curiosity, how much link are you planning to buy?

>I'm a noob fag
We could tell by you using link as an example

Please invest all your money, your contribution is appreciated.

Stop thinking in fiat faggot. The goal is more Btc. (or ETH)