Anyone know people who have fallen for retarded diet MLMs (Herbalife, it works, shakeology...

Anyone know people who have fallen for retarded diet MLMs (Herbalife, it works, shakeology...) and have stories about their retarded habits on them? I have roommates who have fallen into it and it's pretty soul-sucking and pathetic that they're paying hundreds for now nonsense instead of proper nutrition.

>also: idiots falling for fake products on social media

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Works-Advanced-Formula-Fighter-Inhibitors/product-reviews/B005O0X4DQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>friend I haven't spoken to for a long time calls
>thinking he wants to hangout, catchup, whatever
>starts giving me a speech on how my workouts are going and what he's been doing as well (he's a twink manlet who used to always ask for gym advice)
>goes on and on about "shakeology" until it dawns on me it's a pyramid scheme from what he's describing
>tells me he's a "coach" now and that I should be too, not a real one but a fake one for this beach body thing
>gets mad when I tell him this isn't real coaching and it's a pyramid scheme, he calls it "multi-level marketing"

Not even a month later one of my obese coworkers starts hounding people to join herbalife. People started asking my opinion about it since I'm the only one in decent shape and she got mad when I started telling everyone it's a scam. I can't get over how people fall for this shit.

im in my 30s and a lot of people i went to high school must be freaking out at the idea of retiring with no money, because im constantly messaged about MLM bullshit. i usually just keep asking if its Amway over and over until they get the point and stop bothering me. "YOU GOTTA GET IN EARLY, THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS!" no, you need to START the MLM to make the money and con idiots into doing the rest. the pharaoh sure as shit wasnt out there with the slaves building the pyramids.

Isn't this legit fraud?

no, it totally works! amazon.com/Works-Advanced-Formula-Fighter-Inhibitors/product-reviews/B005O0X4DQ

Yeah. Gov obviously very concerned, but these people are very good at finding loopholes and wriggling themselves out.

The big one around here was AdvoCare.

Another one is a company that some I know started called Epibolics. It WAS an unbelievably overpriced supplement company, but I'm lookin at their website now, and I guess they had to reduce some of the shit. It was literally like $200 for 30 servings of whey.

>must be freaking out at the idea of retiring with no money,
I am turning 30 this year, I am the only one of my peers with a house and a 36 year old I went to school with just announced that he's going on a gap year,

I honestly have no idea how anyone from our generation plans to retire,

yeah some moron i went to university with manage to alienate every person around him with the MLM bullshit. He was a cunt anyway but this shit crossed the line. I can only presume given enough time other idiots i know will fall into the same traps.

im 35 and its looking pretty grim for a lot of people i know. since im essentially considered to be one of the oldest millenials, i can see how the attitude of not wanting to "get a career you dont like" is going to seriously fuck this generation over. ive seen so many people bounce around from job to job never finding satisfaction, and they're now in their 30s working entry level jobs with people half their age. considering how expensive shit is getting without wages increasing to compensate, theres going to be a lot of sad broke old people in the 2030s.

Even worse. those same millennials are viciously anti elderly, as if they're never going to get old. The retirement age was just raised to 68 here and may go up to 70 but most people my age celebrated, some even claimed it was a way of sticking it to baby boomers.

The only fat blocker that actually works is alli.

That shit will send like 50% of the fat through you undigested in orange globs.

Problem is it will also come through, meaning it'll be blasted out your ass at high velocity when you shit. It smells terrible and all your farts will be wet.

Oh boy... where to begin? I used to live with a pair of girls who fell for just about every dumb weight loss thing you can imagine, as well as a few that I'm fairly certain they made up themselves, it was like broscience but even worse. Both girls were unemployed college dropouts living off their parents while they "found themselves."
>girl A is an herbalife salesperson, spends a few hundred a month on retarded herbalife shit
>girl B buys "it works" wraps at least once a week and religiously follows Oprah and Dr. Oz.
>both girls are gaining weight because they're sedentary and get a shitload of calories from starbucks and alcohol over the course of an average week
>one of them gets the idea that they're both holding "water weight" because after all they're not fat and don't eat too much right?
At this point I need to stop and say that when I moved in I had no idea how stupid these two were
>A decides she needs to "dehydrate" to fit into her old swimsuit
>looks up things that dehydrate you
>discovers that alcohol does
>decides she'll spend an afternoon out in the sun sipping strong vodka cocktails
>has to go to the hospital with signs of heat stroke
>Her herbalife guy scolds her for being so wreckless and sells her some stupid herbalife thing he says will make her drop water weight.

thats all fun until the age of retirement goes up to 80, or retirement just isnt even a thing anymore. suddenly having a job with a pension that gives you full pay after 25 years isnt such a lame thing after all.

This pic told me everything I needed to know about "Alli," apart from the product itself this woman is rage inducing in her lack of self-awareness or care for those around her.

Holy fuck.

You're absolutely right, shit I should probably start paying into a personal pension. I have one from work but it wont be enough to live on if the state pension ceases to exist.

If this was a legit product, I'd probably end up bursting my stomach open with all the food I'd eat.

I tried that Alli stuff before that binds with fat so you can't digest it, meaning you take in a little less calories than you would have. I don't know if it worked, it was long before I found Veeky Forums and just counted calories, but it did give me explosive liquid diarrhoea.

MLM are all scams dipshit

>amway

my college roommate never studied or went to class, just played LoL all day after his fat girlfriend cheated on him. He ended up failing out and tried getting me and a couple of my friends to join Amway with him. I told him it was a pyramid scheme and he got pissed saying how his cousins make 80K a year doing it and just because it says it is online doesnt mean anything. He ended up going to a community college in the same city as our university but would tell everyone that he still was in the University.

Also bought knockoff Beat headphones for like $200, said it was a good deal cause they looked the same. He is also a degenerate gambler who tries to win the jackpot on Fanduel every week.

>saying how his cousins make 80K a year doing it
> He ended up going to a community college in the same city as our university but would tell everyone that he still was in the University.
pretty much everyone who gets into MLM is a fucking liar, lying about how much they make every month and how successful theyve become. pretty much everyone pays more into the company than they make, and they wind up stuck with a bunch of useless shit and a huge credit card debt.

Tbh, I plan on working in some form until the day I die.

Theres a manlet trainer at my gym who sells these to all his severely obese clients that are desperate to find something which requires no effort on their part to lose weight. One of them is still 350 pounds after coming to the gym and paying close to $100/hr to this trainer for over a year. Plus however much these fat blockers cost. Always has him doing meme exercises to confuse the muscles.

I tell every fat person who asks me about weight loss supps about DNP and where to get it. I don't tell them about the dangers of overdosing.

I'm doing my part, are you?

no shame in that, be one of those tough stubborn bastards like my great grandpa who chopped wood until he was in his mid 90s. and by 'chopped wood' i mean he obviously used a chainsaw and log splitter.

MLMs are on colleges like flies on a turd these days. It says something about the critical thinking abilities of the modern college student.

I remember my friends and I were picking up textbooks at the college bookstore and we were approached by this dude who claimed to know one of my friends from someplace. He seemed friendly enough so we humored him while we were getting our stuff. Anyways he starts talking about how him and his "business partner" are opening a new office in town and they need some new people willing to work for good wages. I'm intrigued so I start asking him for the company name, alarm bells start going off because rather than giving me the name he just starts talking about how they're a "marketing group." I'm a little worried because the guys I'm with are starting to get sucked in so I ask for the name again and he dodges. Finally I tell him I need the company name or I won't listen to any more of his pitch.
>Amway
As soon as he says it someone googles it on a smartphone and obviously there's a shitload of negative press. The dude gave some excuse about how he had to get going and fucked off.

I plan on never working again in my life. I don't plan on making it to 25 unless I really stretch my money, but what would be the point in that?

I was actually of a mind to sell a gimmick diet, but ran it through with a mate and figured out why it wouldn't work in a heartbeat.
>The Low carb-B diet
Basically, you'd only eat as much as you want of food starting with the letter B, and get less than 60 grams of carbs in a day
Reasoning being that people would eat their fill in broccoli and beef and get their carbs from bananas, beets, beans and (cauliflower in my native language), until my mate lay it by me that normies would take it as a challenge to eat as much butter and bacon as humanly possible.

Same guy has a notion about getting healthy by only eating normal food and cooking from scratch, and while it's not a bad idea, he needs (and actually appreciates) some advice and guidance now and then, like when he figured mayo would be full of protein on account of being made with eggs, and that pork rinds were some kind of miracle food.

This woman I know got down from 120 kilos to 70 kilos and imagines it is because she only ate diet bars for half a year, and while it is undeniably the truth that she lost the weight, she doesn't realise that she actually only lost the weight because she ate less.

why did she not immediately stop using that product as soon as this started happening

how is that easier than just eating decently and exercising

>That's ok in a public restroom because the janitors will have to deal with it
what a fucking cunt

When I was in highschool this fat girl bragged how skinny she was gonna get by only drinking water with lemon and cayenne pepper in it. She also let a popular girl borrow her SUV to take a bunch of people to a party, thinking she was gonna be invited along.

Neither happened.

you sound like one of the popular girls desu

>whatever it takes

If supplements don't perform as claimed then the marketing is fraudulent.

There is nothing fraudulent about selling through a channel of employees or "independent contractors" rather than a store. Nor should there be anything wrong with that business model. It simply shifts inventory away from retailers and to the sellers. It also allows the company to pay people by volume of product moved rather than hours. Where people get into trouble is when they buy into the idea that the product sells itself, order a shit ton of inventory and can't move it so they lose their investment. If you sell this stuff, you are essentially a retail store without a physical store. Since most people who get into this have no idea how to run a business, they get fucked over without ever realizing that they are running a business and not just an employee so they whine and cry about how "they got ripped off by a scheme" when the reality is that they are just retarded.

Can we talk shit about Planet Fatness here too? It's not like they actually want you to succeed.
I hear they outlawed deadlifts. Can anyone confirm?

>Outlawed deadlift

Confirmed. Obama has officially granted law making abilities to fat enablers and this was the first bill passed.

Not nationally, you goof. I mean I've heard there are signs up in PF saying that if you do certain things like deads you'll be asked to leave.