Have you ever seen someone seriously injure themselves at the gym?

Have you ever seen someone seriously injure themselves at the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Po6CTMWKFF0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now we all have.

What'd he do?

severed his spine, no shit. Guys in a wheelchair now. All because they wanted the weights stacked up in the background to look good in photos

I see someone get injured everytime I'm at the gym and that's me. I get injured from the poor form others use while doing shitty meme exercises

He's at a shitty CrossFit gym and instead of being intelligent and putting the weights back where they belong when they're finished they left them out. The barbell hit off the weights after he nailed, bounced up hit him in the back. Long story short, he's a paraplegic now.

Something snapped and I think he's paralyzed now . Lift safe brahs

What the fuck?

Aren't you meant to drop the bar forward so you don't twist your shoulders backwards under the bar or do this to your spine?

Wait, so the jerk wasn't what injured him? It was that goofy light fall onto the barbell?

Yeah wdf, that doesn't sound right.

No, it definitely lands on him first. He's falling backwards under its path down.

Had a friend doing standing skullcrushers when one side of the 45 lb dumbbell fell off. Concrete on the inside was eroded.

Looks like it bounces off the weights into his spine.

Could also be it dropped on his spine. Hard to tell. Need slo mo

It was too heavy and fell back

Poor guy, looks like a good person

Friends older brother injured his spine bad during a rowing race on the river. He's a d1 recruit at Princeton and he's all fine now

when I was a kid I was in club sports in high school and on the team bus back to Milwaukee a girl who was like 6'1 had a bad asthma attack or something and she had to leave on a hospital on the side of the highway, in Indianapolis. Literally 3 hours away from her parents at midnight. Somebody else's parent went with her but it was fucked up, people thought she had a heart attack. She was supposed to have an adrenaline pen on her but apparently she wasn't diagnosed right or something.

I remember her friends crying silently.

...and a guy I knew hit his toe on the side of the table... What's your point?

whats his name?

No, it goes straight down onto his spine as he makes his retard move backwards.

Never ever ever drop a weight behind your head. You can do it out of a squat because there is much less distance for it to travel down. From a shoulder lock out position like that, the momentum is enough to paralyze you easily.

>guy benching
>he's alone in the corner
>me and friend only other people there
>this guy screams, I mean screams
>like really screams
>wide grip bench, 225, finger caught on re-rack....
>blood. ..blood, finger fell on floor.
>we ask if he's ok..
>clearly he isn't
>grabs finger and runs out

I'm sure the gym called the paramedics and I hope they reattached the damn thing.. but wow, it got pinched and the rack and popped right off. I did hear of a guy getting killed doing leg presses in the smith machine. He took the safeties off, 400 lbs dropped like a storm and bent one leg back to his face crushing his chest. People said he was a douche. Still didn't deserve it tho

I think the key lesson here is that you should never do snatches. Especially in a crossfit environment where that's all they teach

He's 6'8 230lbs and in the middle of a race he couldn't fucking move for a week

"Crossfit saved my life."
- guy in video, after severing his own spine

>Busy day pre-summer, shitloads of people trying to make last minute gains
>racks and cages all full up with lines of people waiting
>some guy is doing OHP in the squat rack
>another guy walks up and asks if he can work in, they scheme up some ridiculous plan to have two bars on the rack at once so the other guy can squat without having to unload the bar every time
>guy squatting grabs one of those plastic poles you use to stretch and starts stretching his shoulders a few feet away from the rack
>OHP guy takes his bar for another set and hoists that shit over his head
>squat guy is memeing around with stretches and swings the pole back
>smacks OHP guy in the back
>OHP guy loses his balance and makes some squeaking grunty noise, bar falls out of his hands, he sinks forward immediately
>on the way down he bonks his chin on the other bar that was racked up and his head snaps back
>other bar he was holding falls against his back, it was OHP so it was like 100lbs but it still bounced straight off him

Made a shitload of noise too. That guy was extremely fucked up in any case, I never saw him (or the squat guy warming up) come there ever again.

is this real?

did his skull get crushed?

>people who do calf raises on leg press are in for snap city as well

It's crazy no one tore their pec in high school, we did a bench max like every two weeks for "gym class"

>>I did hear of a guy getting killed doing leg presses in the smith machine.

I don't believe this. It's too much of a meme.

Sorry, but that guy probably didn't get his finger reattached. When it's a cut, it's easier, but when it crushes off, it's a lot less likely to successfully reattach. My dad had a similar injury from sitting down in a shitty folding chair. It broke when he sat on it and the scissor arrangement of the legs pinched off his pinkey just past the first knuckle.

>leg presses in the smith machine
>He took the safeties off
>400 lbs
>didn't deserve it tho
no he deserved it

> grabs finger and runs out

autism.

> doing leg presses in the smith machine

why

not really, my friend toll me about an incident at his gym (it was a pretty old and banged up ghetto gym) where some dude was doing bicep curls on a pulley machine and the cable snapped mid rep, resulting in a full power self punch to the face, he was bleeding from his mouth pretty badly, don't remember too well, but he may have knocked/chipped a tooth

What do you do for calves then? All I do is leg press because it's easier for me to support the weight with my legs than with my shoulders.

>be me
>squatting lmao2.5pl8, just started lifting a few months ago, n00b gains for days
>have yet to hit a plateau after linear progression
>first three sets fine, start fourth
>coming up on fourth rep
>summin-aint-right.png
>start tipping forward, step with my left foot reflexively
>285 poons of torsion straight to the spinal column
>sweet searing pain, still able to rerack
>tell my friend I just herniated my spine, do a 360 and walk on out
i just quit lifting for 8 weeks and then i was fine, but i never really got my squat back up that high, le sigh

I was about to post about this, I swear to god that happened at the 24 hour fitness in my neighborhood. My EMT friend is the one who got called to the scene. He said it was pretty gnarly.

Yes, saw him in the mirror, looked like a bets faggot

What's your height user?

Wait you in so cal? Are you referring to the smith machine death?

so the bar bounced back up and hurt him?

all cross fit jokes aside guy had pretty good form.

I see lots of fuccbois doing calf raises they do them fast and shit. Do them slow and controlled with high reps. Lower the weight, that machine shouldn't be heavy. At the beginning my old gym didn't have that I just did it with dumbbels

Doing any max or low reps will probably product shit form especially a snatch which is an explosive movement. When we did cleans in high school. 2 people fell backwards because they couldn't handle the weight they threw up and one guy fell to the side. Doing that shit is just stupid

no, alot of people drop the bar backwards

Yeah, I do calf raises on leg press too, albeit controlled and somewhat slowly.

I thought so to until
>at gym
>see guy just loading the squat machine with as many 45s as possible
>continue with my bench
>hear loud bang
>look at the machine literally has pushed his legs to his chest
>run over and start throwing 45s to the floor
>view him and he just looks like he's trying to catch his breath and keeps convulsing
>all of this is happening and realize that know one is helping at all
>finally some other guy comes and trainer does cpr on him
I guess he had a heart attack but I'll never forget that mans face. It went completely white and reminded me of a vehicle on its last leg. Just him grasping for air was horrible.

I broke my wrist 2 years ago doing front squat. When I was putting bar back onto stand bar, I didnt see I didnt put it on the right side and bar fell on my right wrist

I saw someone deadlift in the squat rack.

He is no longer alive.

Kevin Ogar

Look him up, pic related is him after the accident.
He's still a Crossfit supporter.

> Clearly been skipping leg day.

Isn't he the guy in that video jumping those absurdly high hurdles?

Ok...read the topic of this thread and get back to me

Good on you for helping him. Fucking bystander effect cucks baka.

This lady in my gym is always doing leg press with as many 25 plates as she can fit on the smith machine, with tiny ROM, screaming like she's orgasming the entire time. It's so fucking annoying, but she's totally friendly so I'd feel kinda bad mentioning it. Her trainer seems to be a fucking idiot.

>paraplegia-induced muscular atrophy
>skipping leg day

That joke is old as fuck, uppercut yourself.

>those legs
I am going to hell

>nobody posted this webm

wew summer is here

might as well post some more for you summerfags

really makes you think, huh summergays?

Saw an Asian guy doing powercleans that were all over the place, but it was light weight
Another time I saw three guys lifting together and they would have one plate on one side, and two on the other. Their arms would dip down at weird angles...

And I saw a guy take his radiator cap off in the parking lot as I was driving away. I saw the steam fly up just as I was driving past, even tried rolling my window down to warn him...

jesus christ

anybody have that video of a guy settting up to bench with INSANE arching, then doing 3 tiny reps with his face super red? It was all for lauughs, too.

Why would you suicide grip that much weight..

robert paulson

this is the exact reason I refuse to do any fast movement while lifting. I go slow when doing my workouts to try to not get injured.

That guy didn't get hurt. Just bumped his head a little.

What really makes it is the guy automatically reaching for a tit.

I have almost really injured myself. I was going for PB on squats even though it was only about 90kg. I don't even remember how it happened properly but I had overbalanced forward on my left side, and hit the rack.
This made me overbalance and I dropped the bar on my neck. But I think most of the weight went to the safety rails and 2 guys immediately helped me. I was incredibly lucky.

youtube.com/watch?v=Po6CTMWKFF0
he's fine

Once I was benching, and was dumb and didn't use a spotter. Got caught on the rerack, and when I thought it was stable, it slipped off and onto my face. Bar went right into my mouth, and my teeth went through my lip. Currently have a scar that follows my lower lip and another jutting from my lip sides that looks like the joker's makeup. Some dude who looked 100lb heavier than me saw it happen and lifted the bar off, telling me I should get help. Glad I didn't have it land any higher or lower, or I could lose my nose, or crush my trach.

this is fucking horrifying. I just don't see how this could fucking happen. shouldnt the weight pushing back onto her leg cause her knee to go back up, but instead it goes down.

locked knees and a bad knee joint.

snap city

never lock out, also to prevent this you put your legs higher, this also makes you atg in a leg press

>maxing by yourself against a wall, one more inch and this nigga woulda been dead

5'2

Lmao 0 pl8 here, I'm scared to go near equipment because of threads like these...I think ill just stick to bodyweight.

They don't call it suicide grip for nothing, what is the supposed benefit of it? Is it just a meme?

I think it's because she has hypermobile knee joints and she locked out.

I'm 6 feet tall. 6 foot 1 in zero G.

This guy is a friend of mine, i'm glad he made it.

Why do they call it that?

LMAO A COWBOY RUNS IN TO HELP

yes. this black guy was unracking his ez curl bar and a 10kg weight fall on his toe

he was in agony but no one went to help, i felt kind of bad but he then left the gym and drive to the hospital im assuming

and those are bumper plates so that's like 115lbs
>embarass

It's a handy way to identify the retards in the gym that you should stay away from

That's likely a lot more than 115. The super thick bumpers are usually 45 or 55lbs.

Watch his face, he passed out cold at the top of the lift, that's a classic vasovagal syncope.

you can literally see the lights go out before he falls, and the twitch confirms it. He knocked himself the fuck out.

>theFUCKout.gif

I injured my fingers twice now, everytime in stupid fucking ways. Pick related was the result of doing snatch balances inside a squat rack.

A guy was doing inverted rows in the power rack, the rope snapped, and he fell back and landed on a clip that some fuck left behind after their one set of pendlay rows.
the clip hit his spine and two PTs had to carry him out of the gym, and I haven't seen him since, although one guy who is friends with mr inv rows said he couldn't walk for about a month and now is on crutches but recovering well

Lmao1kek

No the key lesson is don't fucking snatch near your max if you haven't got plenty of room to bail out. Why do retards always scream "HURR DURR CROSSFIT" during these types of moments? Bad form = injury no matter what environment you're doing it in.

>Especially in a crossfit environment where that's all they teach

The fuck does this even mean?

>him getting up
i...is he a zombie?

how to achieve stephen hawking mode
1x1 rounded spine 2pl8 barbell drops

Oh god reading this thread was a mistake

>Wtf I'm so tired let me take a nap

the fuckkk don't most leg press machines have a safety catch?

Me too. Haha ha

Read the first comment in the youtube vid.

It was 115.

>mfw you bonk your chin

I saw that guy live. I don't know why.

But how? That's not a lot of weight, it looked like he locked out, and he didn't even break parallel for his overhead squat. It looks like he snapped his spine from the lift, not from anything bouncing.