How do you feel about coconut oil Veeky Forums?

How do you feel about coconut oil Veeky Forums?

Sounds healthy as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/23594-use-coconut-oil-hair-conditioner/)
draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/
m.webmd.com/diet/features/skinny-fat-good-fats-bad-fats
coconutoilaslube.com/
goodcleanlove.com/4-reasons-not-use-coconut-oil-lube/?doing_wp_cron=1470480080.7524020671844482421875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know shit about the oil but I had a coconut scented bodywash and it was the shit.
It's probably good.

Sounds like a scam.

somebody gave me a jar but I haven't used it because I don't know any recipe to use it with

It's good and you can use it for anal sex too

i hear it's better for cooking with than olive oil because olive oil turns into something else when cooked or something like that

I use it regularly for cooking and sometimes for other things. It's pretty nice. Make sure you get pure coconut oil and not something blended with other oils. The latter will smell overly like fake coconut where a natural oil will have a more authentic smell.

Just substitute it for whatever other oil you use. I like it, you can google benefits for it but who knows what bullshit claims you'll find. I remember when i was in school (male nurse) they said it helps prevent alzheimers but again, could be bullshit. Might as well use it if you have it

Put 14g in your morning coffee

Low smoke point.

this

>bulletproof coffee
>a tablespoon daily
>cooking with it
>use it as a 'lotion'
>use it to get some extra calories

Shit is awesome.

THIS, god-tier lube for butt stuff. I've only used it on vaginal sex once, doesn't seem safe to put that on a latex condom/inside a girl.

Is it true you can put it in your hair for hair gains?

Yeah this is true, but only of it is unrefined

>sounds

Yeah I'm on no poo, and my hair get's really dry because. I started to follow this guide (livestrong.com/article/23594-use-coconut-oil-hair-conditioner/) once a week, helps loads and makes my hair gorg. n-no homo
also I use this brand

Does it adds a coconut flavour to everything, do you get used to it or it's neutral?

You heathen

Not the guy you're replying to, but my experience is that it adds a *very slight* flavor, almost a sweetness rather than an all out coconut flavor, to things. The flavor seems even more subtle to me if I cook with it than if I just put it in things.
I actually prefer it for taste in almost everything to more common fats. Sometimes I just spread a little bit of that shit on toast like you would with butter. Good stuff. I'd keep using it even if all the miraculous claims about it turned out to be false.

You complete me, user.

Original dude, I agree with I like the slight flavor that it adds, think its better than other oils.

Coconut oil is top fucking tier. Look up Fitmencook recipes dude is natty and yolked uses coconut oil in a ton of recipes.

coconut oil is great.

my hair has never been better, my skin, etc

also it has anti depressive qualities from medium chain fatty acids (lazy but it's on pubmed)

I used it as anal lube once

- When cooked at high temperatures, coconut oil does not change in structure.

- Half of it contains lauric acid, which is known to be beneficial in weight loss and lowering cholesterol levels.

- Like one of the anons said, low smoking point, making it a go to choice for sautéeing and baking.

I for one like to use it when cooking chicken and then throw in some smoke paprika. Gives a nutty flavor to kick with.

Thanks for answering guys. I'm going to open that jar and make some eggs for breakfast and give it a try.

I use that shit as lube and Chapstick. Multipurpose breh

draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/

it's ok I use it to cook sometimes and it taste pretty good. I tried the teeth whitening thing with it for about 2 months and didn't notice difference in teeth whiteness.

Coconut oil is so heavy in saturated oils. Enjoy your clogged arteries I guess. Tastes like shit too. It doesn't pass the room temp fat test. If it's hard at room temp it'll kill you. Remember your body is above room temp so if your oils are liquid at room temp they won't clog your arteries.

are u kidding me?

It's like crappy cheese. Saturated fats go right to the arteries.

From which coloring book did you learn biology and anatomy?

Coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils to cook with. I use it in place of butter a lot since I never really liked butter my whole life. Pretty much any food cooked or topped with a touch of the stuff makes it taste so good.

Let me get something dumbed down for you because all that saturated fat is obstructing the flow of blood to your brain.

m.webmd.com/diet/features/skinny-fat-good-fats-bad-fats

Read Nigga, Read!

Your arteries are most likely clogged to shit. Change to Olive Oil and Fish oils before your aorta makes it to snap city

This guy is right people. Stop falling for memes

>doesn't understand how medium chain triglycerides chemically and physically work differently than other saturated fats
>thinks that any fat that is liquid at room temperature can't possibly clog your arteries, because he doesn't understand the process of how arteries are clogged in the first place
>Read Nigga, Read!
I'm trying to. That's why I asked for the name of the coloring book you learned biology from.

That's not how this works at al...

I'm not sure if you understand nutritional biology correctly......

Thank you for actually contributing unlike half the assholes in this thread

I used to masturbate with only my hand no lube growing up as a kid and my dick turned into a weathered beat up looking dick, once i got a little job at 21 i started buying coconut oil to cook with and masturbate with, 2 different containers yo, anyways i've been jacking off with coconut oil for the year already and my dick looks really hydrated and healthy, tell you the truth it looks like a brand new fresh dick with constantly lubricated skin, i even had a hook up ask me why my dick was so smooth.

I say coconut oil is worth it for cooking with and hydrating your dick after jacking off

Holy shit. Fit really is uneducated as fuck.

Ohh sorry bro, you must be looking for the cooking and mixing board, where eveyone there thinks eating ungodly amounts of bread is the best type of diet.

Here it is Veeky Forums

Put it in the coffee or unsweetened cocoa.

>Veeky Forums
>talking about cooking and not what shitty boxed snacks and other junk food is best.

Oh, you.

>Sounds healthy as fuck.

It's just marketing. It's oil. Just rendered fat with virtually no nutrition. It's mostly saturated, and while a good amount of that is MCTs, not all of it is.

>- Half of it contains lauric acid, which is known to be beneficial in weight loss and lowering cholesterol levels.

Half of it isn't lauric acid, and does the opposite.

"Half of coca cola is water, and water is good for you"

Taste like shit with eggs desu

Sorry, should've said about half of the fatty acids is Lauric Acid and that increases HDL cholesterol.

Fuck off

can't store MCTs in your body so you have to burn them. which means you don't burn as much fat off your ass while that happens

and kcals are still kcals.

>current year
>still thinking fat is inherently bad

kys

With that sense you can't eat anything solid.

Enjoy your saturated fats, nerd

itt we are still living in the fucking 1980's

next you can tell us how butter is bad for you and that we should be eating canola oil or margerine.

Are you a fucking idiot? A tablespoon of coconut oil and you're practically at one day's worth of saturated fat

Confirmed for still living in the 1980s.

I add it when cooking rice for chicken and rice

I like having fat with my meals and it makes the rice taste way better

What year do you live in?

Canola oil is a lot better than butter. Margarine is usually shit.

Okay I was almost believing that coconut oil is good for you but now I'm pretty sure this thread is just one giant meme.

So is coconut oil the new eggs? Wtf is it good or not you fuckers got me confused

i douse myself in it before shower
it's good lads

I brush my teeth with coconut oil.
It's proven to clean your teeth just as thoroughly as most toothpastes, plus it naturally whitens and smells great.

>- When cooked at high temperatures, coconut oil does not change in structure. Cooking at very high temperatures is largely bad nutritionally and for your health anyway.
Explain how this helps with anything
>- Half of it contains lauric acid, which is known to be beneficial in weight loss and lowering cholesterol levels
The other half of the saturated fats (which is like 90% of the oil) are not lauric acid. Saturated fats are loosely associated with increased cvd risk and are generally still considered to be bad, just not as bad as they were once thought.
Just use olive oil, tastes just as good and is actually supported by an incredibly large body of evidence to be better for you than most other oils.
>- Like one of the anons said, low smoking point, making it a go to choice for sautéeing and baking.
Olive oil's is lower, m8.

Sauce: nutrition major. All of this is from memory tho

M8 would you like me to link you to all of the large-scale meta-analysis showing that saturated fats are associated with modest increases in bad shit like CVD, and substituting them for fat sources high in monounsaturated fats like olive oil show significant reductions in CVD risk?

There's a reason all practicing dieticians and pretty much all government bodies still recommend reducing sat fat intake

Coconut oil is best for masturbation. Had never tried a better lube. Have my words.

It smokes easily so it's limited in its uses in cooking and it imparts coconut flavors in the food which can be a bad thing if it's something savory like a steak.

MY BULLET PROOF COFFEEEEH

>Explain how this helps with anything
Not the guy you're replying to, but certain oils tend to break down at heat levels common for cooking, and generally change into something less healthy. Olive oil, for example, at the heat you're like to be stir-frying or sauteeing, will change molecularly into a shape more like a trans-fat, which is extremely unhealthy. You want to cook with oils at a temperature that they won't smoke and break down at, which varies depending on the oil.

for sure, gives me some serious pimple dick though

This sounds great but I hate dealing with the aftermath as well as feeling of oil on my skin. Though I guess putting a towel on everything around my dick should help.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, will save this experience till C90

Marketing meme

For what?
I've heard of people using it as conditioner, as lotion, to cook...
It's a good, non-hydrogenated oil, with an high smoke point, which is great.
Where I live, EVOO is the shit, coconut is a novelty and not cost effective, so I just learned to deal with the smoke point.
If you can find it cheap, I guess you could use as a main cooking oil. I'd like to see how it works for omelettes, if it can sub butter.

Oh come on.
You could do that with any decent vegetable oil.
It's been done with essential-scented olive oil for millennias.

You know your arteries can't clear a jar of fucking poison from themselves, right? Jesus Christ please don't ever eat coconut oil you retards....

I have quite a lot of girth and warming her up (when i used to have an ex) gets annoying, wouldn't it cause some infection or some shit in her tho ?

coconutoilaslube.com/ this one says yes
goodcleanlove.com/4-reasons-not-use-coconut-oil-lube/?doing_wp_cron=1470480080.7524020671844482421875 this one says no

For all the hype of it, it's great for both dry skin and athlete's foot. For cooking I use bacon fat.

high smoke point, great for searing stuff.

also tastes like coconut, which i really didn't want on all my food.

100ml a day
Based coconut oil

your pyramid building skills trigger me

kek that stuff has been drained of all nutritional value

you want the extra virgin stuff

> that facebook post trying to sell me soy protein and organic foods

All hype no substance.

It's awesome. I've used as lube many many times, works great. Starfishes can't resist its powers.

I cook a ton with it, it does have a fresh nutty smell, so keep that in mind.

Best thing so far is pre boiled cassava, sautéed in the oil. Man, what a great match. Just make a hash brown. Mad gains and mad taste.

Good with eggs too, and most SEA fare.

Doesn't that mean you'd want a high smoke point so that it doesn't smoke at higher temperatures?

I use it as lube and massage oil. Works great. Also nice to cook protein pancakes with if you don't mind the extra calories.

>Explain how this helps with anything
Another user explained this

> The other half of the saturated fats (which is like 90% of the oil) are not lauric acid. Saturated fats are loosely associated with increased cvd risk and are generally still considered to be bad, just not as bad as they were once thought.
This was my fault for not wording this better. You're right on what you said. What I really meant was about half of its fatty acid composition is Lauric acid.

>Olive oil's is lower, m8.
mea culpa. I usually get those confused.