Do lifters really die earlier?

Do lifters really die earlier?

This guy says that lifting puts strain on your heart and causes you to die.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yup6JszsTYM

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/chris_elkins/
youtube.com/watch?v=H4Sftq18SGg
youtube.com/watch?v=4IebAtLi4ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

instagram.com/chris_elkins/
yeah just look how old this guy looks, he is 32

nope, however eating crap causes you to die earlier which most people who try to put down lifting coincidentally do

>lifting puts strain on your heart and causes you to die.

ask any doctor
exercise strengthens your heart and will make you live a longer better quality life.

The only lifters that die early are the ones that use steroids.

as long as you stay natty you will be alright.

Jesus fucking christ this guy's voice annoys me, that downward inflexion at the end of EVERY. FUCKING. SENTENCE.

>puts strain on your heart

You know what else puts strain on your heart? Any physical activity.

Wait. If lifting strains your heart, and that's bad. Then if running it's supposed to get your heart rate up, thus elevated, then running is also bad for your heart.

I guess the best way to prolong your life is by laying in bed all day.

Don't listen to him. Muscles are meant to be stressed. How else would it get better?

This, God it was bothering me so fucking much.

Why would it matter? Who the hell wants to live to be 90 anyway?

The issue isn't the heart, but the aftermath.
Cardio is a vasodilator. It allows more blood to be pumped at any given point and the effects last for hours. Lifting can constrict blood flow if you do not do cardio or eat foods that act as vasodilators or muscle relaxants (this is also one of the reasons stretching is important, it has been shown to lower blood pressure).
You'd literally have to workout and just go home and lay around all day to have this shit effect you before midlife. These are problems generally seen by men who are getting older and still think their cardiovascular system is what it use to be. When in reality most men stop doing cardio almost altogether as we get older, but many continue to life weights.
take it or leave it, i'm too tired to post citations.

You'd need to do a hell of a lot of cardio for it to matter, but heart enlargement is known to be a health issue in serious runners/cyclists/etc as they age.

Its less a matter of cardio good weights bad or the reverse as it is that the human body just ain't good at staying healthy when pushed hard.

I hope so, I've been counting the days until Jason Blaha dies.

post the fucking citations motherfucker
>not organizing all your papers in mendeley

gib citations

jeez user that's kinda mean

eating excess calories, even if healthy stuff, causes you to
so if you're lifting right
yes, you'll die sooner, it's deeply unhealthy

Stfu jason

Dis, also systemic inflammation

A couple of apparently healthy masters marathoners or triathletes drop dead mid-race each year for this very reason. But one can't go through life being a little bitch about these things.

>But one can't go through life being a little bitch about these things.
youtube.com/watch?v=H4Sftq18SGg

Well, if it makes you feel better his health keeps getting worse

Yes if u roid otherwise no
Natural is healthy as fuark

>Make America Great again
>Literally want to change America back to how it was
>"America - love it or leave it"

I think he means as you put on muscle mass your heart needs to pump harder to move your blood throughout your body. This is why cardio is so important when you're swole.

I think you will be pretty much dead already if weight lifting fucked up your heart so much

I mean, think about it, you do at least three times a week a strenous activity that makes your heart go fucking amok with pumping blood, if weight lifting actually made you that unhealthy you would have drop dead after every deadlift or squat set

This is permabulkers aside, those fuckers will be dead before 40

You know what puts a lot more strain on your heart?

Being a fatass.

Being a healthy eating regularly exercising person is very healthy. Pumping your body full of roids and other drugs is bad. Just look how long Jack Lalanne lived a healthy active life.

>Who the hell wants to live to be 90 anyway?
Most mature people with literally anything worth mentioning going on in their lives.

>MGTOW

This is how you know it's bullshit.

El o el

Cardio is important but you won't die with natty bodybuilding. There's a reason there's a natty limit for muscle and that's because it's the amount your body can handle NATURALLY.

it's sort of true, being a low t cuck who doesn't move, stays inside all day and eats a calorie restricted largely vegetable-based diet is probably what you're gonna have to be if you want to live for a long time.

Kind of like those suspended jelly blobs in I Have No Mouth

You won't get that big natty anyway. Extremely dedicated people will go up to 100kg, while lean bulking, at 6'1. That's all. To cause problems for heart you would have to be way heavier.

not necessarily youtube.com/watch?v=4IebAtLi4ps

>wanting to improve something means you hate it

I guess we all hate ourselves, right?

/thread