250g of protein???

Am I really supposed to eat 1.2g protein per pound of body weight ?
Does anyone see good results with different numbers

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You fucking idiot you can make gains on .5/lb

Veeky Forums wants you to die of protein poisoning

The most scientific-type recommendations are more like 0.75 g/lb. I myself did better on ~1.25, but the experiment wasn't perfectly controlled, and I had the money and like meat and eggs so it was no big deal. If high amounts are tough, try lower and see what happens.

>protein poisoning

Also forgot to add, that's PER POUND OF MUSCLE. Not your fucking whole body. You're most likely looking at between 50-75g of protein per day for gains

>hes never lived in the forest and tried to survive on nothing but rabbit meat

You'll die unless you eat the eyes and the organs, the meat alone is too rich in protein for humans.

>too rich in protein
m8 you know rabbit starvation is caused by LACK of carbs and fat, right? Not "too much protein"

Studies have shown the bare minimum on which you can make gains is 0.8gr / lb. I weigh 180 lbs, times 0,8 = 144 grams of protein. Not 2 fucking 50. So unless you're ronnie coleman, you don't need much more than, say, 150-175 per day

Then*

Laughed

>Also forgot to add, that's PER POUND OF MUSCLE. Not your fucking whole body. You're most likely looking at between 50-75g of protein per day for gains

It's per pound of leanbody mass, shut the fuck up you fucking retard

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Its about 1g/kg not lb

i just tell normies that are curious to eat a gram per pound of desired bodyweight.

t. pajeets thinking they know more than olympians, coaches and scientists like layne norton, lyle mcdonald, dave palumbo.

Okay wait.

I'm 6'0, 139lbs. I want to get up to 170lbs.

How much protein should i be taking daily? Do I do 1 g/lb of my DESIRED weight? My current weight? Should it be .75g/lb instead?

barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584

>barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584
Danke kamaraden

its 2 pounds of protein per pound of protein you eat.,

p sure its two pounds per protein of pound you protein

I saw that episode too!

You don't need that much protein if your bulking m8. Personally i eat about o.8 * bw in grams of protien when bulking and tend to eat a little more protein during cuts. I find that this works for me

Fucking idiot it's ONE kg of protein per pound of protein you eat

if you're a fat fuck you dont have to worry about 1lb per bodyweight

what kills you your own farts?

Don't you need more protein when losing weight in order to retain existing muscle mass?

All this misinformation is being put out there to hurt innocent guys trying to get fit. You need 1g of Protein per pound of body weight. This will fluctuate as you bulk and cut.

I'm pretty sure it should be 1lbs per 1lb of lean body mass, not overall bodyweight.

I've asked the same question on Veeky Forums with all different answers and most unhelpful.

The sticky says 1g/1lb but apparently that's outdated. The following are acceptable:
- 0.75g/lb
- 1g/1kg
- 1lb per 1 lb lean mass

If you haven't lifted before chances are you have no muscle mass to retain.

The scientific literature suggests that you will likely stop seeing benefits past 0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight.

However, I've read that your body can make more gains past that upper limit when taking roids. The problem with roids though is that there aren't many scientific studies, let alone ones that are well done.

Sorry meant to say 0.8 grams per pound of lean body mass (non-fat mass).

.75g per lb of body weight is completely fine. 1lb is obviously an easy ratio to remember and eating more protein won't hurt you, but there isn't any empirical evidence that 1 lb is better. Also, as you get more advanced you actually need even less protein since you're not capable of building near as much physical muscle mass as when you're a beginner.

Source of that?

>layne norton, lyle mcdonald, dave palumbo.

Literally NONE of them tell you to eat 1g/kg of bodyweight

I'm a fucking ultra skelly and the bodybuilding.com calculator says I should be taking in 200 g's a day. I weigh 130. Is this correct?

Holy shit just get enough calories and eat more than donuts and poptars and you'll be fine.
.5g per pound of bodyweight is lower but will work. 1g per pound is a good goal and will help.
more than that isn't needed but won't hurt unless you're not eating any carbs or fats.

Eat more when cutting to help keep more muscle.
when bulking just fuck it and eat whatever you get in.

This shit ain't complicated, just work hard in the gym and eat like you mean it.

see

250g of protein a day? Do you weight 125 kilo ?

Lol nice meme

summer is late this year