As someone who is super weak and has had deadlift problems...

As someone who is super weak and has had deadlift problems, I am trying to fix up my form so I can lift more weight and be a stronger version of myself. Here is my doing 3 sets of 155lbs. I was wondering, are these bad form? Or would I be just fine doing these? The phone is at sort of a weird angle but I think you get the general idea.

These felt okay, a bit heavy but most deadlifts do anyways. I think my spine was fucked up and ive started seeing a chiropractor and I have noticed deadlifts feel a bit better.

youtube.com/watch?v=vprOMeoEK4o

doesn't look heavy for you at all. put some weight on the bar, record that, and come back.

Your lower back looks like it's rounding
You look like you are holding the weight in front of you and not dragging it up your body

It was pretty heavy actually. I am super weak but i appreciate the input

>It was pretty heavy actually

no it wasn't

cosigned, looks fine, put some weight on there

Maybe not to normal people but to me it seemed heavy. Is that fair to say?

He was fine, that was a result of him getting tired on the last reps of the last set and so slight it was negligible.

>Is that fair to say?

no because you're obviously not struggling at all. quit being a pussy and put more weight on the bar or you'll never get strong.

The bar path is pretty bad, especially in yhe eccentric part of the lift. You want to keep it a straight line and don't go around your knees and you keep it too far going up

kill yourself

The eccentric portion doesnt matter

Nah man don't listen to them, you don't want to overdo deadlifts especially without having perfected your form. Focus on keeping your chest pushed outward with your shoulders back to avoid rounding forwards.

t.dyel

Seriously listen to this guy OP, I used to be like you, I remember I was telling myself that dling 135 was heavy for me, then I did them one day with a friend, and I kept going up with him until I maxed out at 225, same me, i just was getting mentally blocked. Just try adding 10 pounds the next time you deadlift until you can't lift the bar anymore, you can lift so much more than your mind tells you you can

k

Why not go back to body weight exercises? Build yourself up to where weighted lifts are more doable for you.

The only thing I'm not really liking is that your knees seem to kick out the bar on the way down, which might lead to some painful times with heavier weights. Also, you want the deadlift to be one fluid motion. You should be standing up near straight by the time it's around your holding point. The first couple reps, especially around :11-:17, you can see that your pushing your lower body TOWARDS the bar, which I find to be strange, but I don't think it will detract too badly from the lift.

that weird shit where it starts at your stomache and goes with your quads at an angle isn't right. It should be close to a straight line up and down. fix that shit.

What are you saying? Weighted is doable im just making sure im progressing

In your OP you made it sound like you were too weak for weights.

>how to win yourself a round trip ticket to snap city for free

Im to weak for heavy weights, thats why im at where im at

How? I dont even notice the problem. Isnt the concentric portion the most important and it doesnt matter as much how it is put down?

this

it matters when you sit there and loo kawkward trying to place it and putting stress on parts of the movement that aren't supposed to be stressed out. the eccentric matters but if you're doing that part wrong, youre fucked.

Okay I see what youre saying, I guess it looks kinda weird but thats just how ive always deadlifted. It feels natural and comfortable to me. I dont even know what to do about it. I guess I can just drop the bar with my back straight down

nah dont do that but watch where you bend first, knees or hips. bend at the hips first on the way down

To get the bar path completely vertical, practice very slowly. From the top of the lift, start by moving your hips back but keep your knees directly over your feet. once the bar passes your knees, keep moving your knees forward as you go down to keep your shins close to the bar. Make sure the bar lands right back over your mid foot. Go slowly on the way back up as well. Also, your back does need to be a bit more arched.