Can you settle an argument for me fit...

Can you settle an argument for me fit? My mate says that in a gym where there are multiple bench press stations (like 4 or 5) it is good etiquette to leave one station with 135lbs on...is this true?? One of the PTs said same thing

That's fucking retarded.

Weights should never be left on any bars.

i always leave 1 pl8 on because its less effort for me and the next person will probably use that much at minimum , and if they wont then i dont care because theyre DYEL

An adult male can bench 135, so it's fine.

>not warming up with 100 reps just the bar.

Just clean your weights, if you can effectively bench 135 as a warmup it shouldnt be that much of a problem to slap on 2 45's on a barbell, now would it? Leaving on 135 is jus lazy on their part. Besides you're losing out on marginal grip/forearm gains if you leave a pair of 45's.

Leave the weight on. If someone doesn't want to use 135lbs they can go to another bench.

Im not dyel so I could handle a heavier warm up m8

How the fuck does leaving the weight on not look like the bench is being used

How many times was your mate dropped on his head as an infant?

That's stupid as hell. Most people don't warm up straight from 1plate, hell more than a few don't even rep that. Leave it empty

You deload plates after you finished? What are you, a cuck or something?

Maybe on the deadlift platform, but I think the benches should be free.

Always put your weights away
How is this hard to understand

I like to do a set or two with an empty bar just to get my groove set, but don't really see any issue with leaving one bench with some babby weights on it. Especially if there's 5 benches there.

PTs are notoriously full of shit, I have not met one yet that isn't. In my mind they're just folks who are too dumb to work in allied health/complimentary medicine/paramedics, but are also too proud to do a physical job like laboring etc.

They really don't contribute a thing to society and are thieves of oxygen.

HTH.

eh my mate is a PT and teaches only compound movements

I'm not basing my opinions on what type of lifts he teaches, mainly just that if the PT vocation never existed society would in no way be disadvantaged. But also, going on my own experience, not much useful comes out of their mouths either...

true that, people are just lazy and would rather pay money and recieve shit advice. They will go back for more and the PT will make more money, just like he plans.
Some do give legit advice though, but most of the time its bullshit

I understand the logic but the counter-argument I would make is that it makes the bench seem occupied.

Not warming up with the bar. Never going to make it.

Personally, I'd appreciate it if everyone left 135 on. That's what I warm up with. I mean, it only takes like, 45 seconds to load them up if it's not already done, but it'd just be nice to hop on and get to it.

most people do warm up with 1 plate, nobody warms up with fucking 95 unless they're a dyel or kid

Or they're actually strong. Every single serious powerlifter or strongman I've known has started their first warmups with the bar.