LOL so true

LOL so true

REALLY FUCKING MAKES YOU THINK HUH?!

This is /pol/ level of shit posting

Haha LOL!!!!

2/10 made me reply

>this is what filthy casuals believe

Please lurk more.

Everyone underestimates just how intense exercise has to be to make up for eating only kinda sorta healthy, much less even touching junk food diet tier.

Haha I know right user? Can't believe I got stuck with slow metabolism. :,^(
Hey wanna go pick up a caramel mocha frappucino tomorrow morning? I need that shit to get through the morning you know~ Been thinking about trying that new Chinese place down the road too

OP made a cancer thread, abandon or contract at your own risk.

@Allyssa Simmons so us

I'M REALLY THINKING NOW

THIS IS SO INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGING THAT IT FORCES ME TO CONTEMPLATE

it's sad how many people actually believe this

Quit it

well it's actually true. There's many factors, like height, weight, age, health.

I'm 1.96 m tall and 100 kg and I eat as much as my sis who is 52 kg and 1.62 and I actually GAIN weight with how much she eats, while she remains thin / even loses weight, went from 57 to 52 in like a few weeks.
To lose weight consistently, I have to eat, BY THE NUMBERS, 8-900 calories a day.
I also work a physically engaging job (load trucks with metallic bars 20-70 kg each)

There is no fucking way you could gain weight at 1k calories a day unless you have an INCREDIBLY RARE disorder.

I have friend who complains he is a hard gainer but when he says he has eaten a lot on a whole day it is something I can have for breakfast.

No disorder lets a 100 kg man gain weight on 1000kcals/day. Period.

He's either lying or stupid.

There's absolutely no way your body breaks the laws of physics and creates more energy out of nothing. You are not eating the amount you think you're eating.

Per day I eat as follows:

2 bananas - 180 calories
1 peach - 60 calories
~ 150g cheese - 570 calories
OR
chicken breast, some 200-250 g - 300-370 calories
maybe a tomato / lemon / orange / something as a small snack, 40-60 calories

That's about what I eat a day. If I, for some reason, eat s soup or so, I don't eat anything else for the rest of the day.
My daily intake is 800-1k a day maximum, depending on what I do.

>2 bananas
>180 calories

Pick one

A normal banana has about 90 calories if it's not too big.

There is no way that this is true. At your height and your weight, also depending on your sex, your BMR is either as a female: 1875 cal a day; or, as a male: 2265 cal a day. If you're eating less than 900 calories a day, then you're not even eating enough to maintain basic bodily functions or even enough to maintain a productive energy level throughout the day. You either suffer from anorexia or you're a total fucking liar.

>or you're a total fucking liar.

Ding ding ding.

Add coffees/alcohol/ other shit you drink to what you eat and see how much it adds up.

Fyi american cofees have stupid calories, like 500 and up.

How can this artist be okay with being so unoriginal. I've seen this same comic so many times by different artists.

you expect every piece of art ever to be 100% conceptually original...?

But also you're an idiot so it might explain your weight gains. Apparently stupid people get obese more often.

I expect them to be not 100% conceptually beaten to death.

kek

how ignorant and pretentious can someone be

fucking lying moron

guys can we please stop calling it art before things get a bit too out of hand

What did he mean by this? Wow it really makes you think.

>the laws of physics

This is really stupid reasoning.

Your metabolism is a complex system.

Sure, 99% of people who eat below their BMR will see results, but 'the laws of physics hurrr' is just dumb. Like, you do realise that nuclear fission fits pretty nicely with the laws of physics? Thus every individual ATOM of the food you eat contains enough energy to level a city.

Obviously our bodies don't work like that, but you're still retarded and bad at thinking.

If Veeky Forumstards ever overtook the natsoc guys in society for power and made a Veeky Forumssoc society. People like you would be put into camps.

Few things

1.The body uses calories at different efficency levels
2.The body doesn't just burn energy to live and move. It also needs it to fight off infection, think, and even keep you warm.

Simple as.

I never said I gain weight. I lose weight consistently, 3-5 kilograms a week with this diet.
I only said I gain weight IF I EAT AS MUCH AS MY SIS DOES, while she doesn't gain the same weight that I do.

Jesus fuck, reading comprehension on Veeky Forums fits the stereotype. Stupid fucking meatheads.

Nuclear weapons don't defy physics nor do they prove that your metabolism can. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it follows magical rules. Also if an individual atom could level a city then the nuke that detonated in Nagasaki would have destroyed all the cities.

Yeah, you're crashing your metabolism by doing what you're doing. You're going to either kill yourself or ruin your body losing weight the way you're losing it.

>Your metabolism is a complex system.

Yea, and we know exactly how it works, which is in no way related to
>nuclear fission
radioactive decay or splitting atoms.

>Obviously our bodies don't work like that.
Yea no shit. So your post does... nothing?

Energy ( available calories) in / out is a very simple, observable biological process. It works within the confines of thermodynamics.

>Yea no shit. So your post does... nothing?

Except demonstrate your poor reasoning.

But your continued demonstration of such will do just fine on that front.

1. which can be roughly calculated by age / height / sex / activity levels to a degree of accuracy to create a BMR.

2. This is included within the BMR calculations.

If you are trying to loose weight, people suggest a calorie deficient diet of several hundred calories to catch those small nuances and ensure you are under the BMR.

Bitch we aren't nukes.
The calorie in vs calorie out is only a thing if you're fucking starving to fucking death or you're morbidly obese.

For everyone else, we're a bit more complex.

UP to a point? Yeah calories matter. But you can not sit there and tell me that eating 1500 calories of pure cane sugar is the same as eating a balanced diet of meat veg and the occasional fruit.

>hurr durr i can't figure out how energy 1 is the same as energy 2

Is this bait? How can someone browse Veeky Forums and still know this little?

Explain to me again how we should abandon the basic principles of energy calculation within biology.

Maybe you could try draw a parallel between nuclear decay and splitting atoms again for us all, or you could go back to eating glue.

>law of physics fatass IIFYM summerfag from india

If he burns 900 calories a day and eats 1000 calories he will gain weight.

It's as simple as that pajeet.

The law of thermodynamics didn't say everyone has 2000-3000+ TDEE, it just says eating past your TDEE(whatever it is) makes you fat/muscular.

Your indian education is really bad, stick to call centres and not lifting.

lol this is me, spot on OP

Nah

It's possible to eat too much and not get any weight if you have any medical issues or maybe some sick parasites.

The other way around, however, is not possible.

The only possibilities are that you either fucked up your counting or that you're eating far too much without thinking about it. Take a look at Secret Eaters on youtube and you'll soon realize what you've certainly been doing.

If you want to really tackle this, here are some ground rules:
> Everything that's eaten must be written down
> EVERYTHING even a fucking candy
Your eyes are stupid because you're a stupid fat fuck, so you can't be trusted to judge food, if you could you wouldn't be fat, so
> use a fucking kitchen scale for objectivity

You seem to be going all down in your guesses, as well. That's not how you guess at this kind of thing. If you must guess, guess up - less odds of error. But it's better not to guess at all.

BMR calculators are at best a vague guess that works a lot of the time.
Secondly, that has FUCK ALL to do with any thing I've written.

Peoples bodies work at different rates depending on a whole host of factors. Simply stating that a calorie is a calorie is just something for junk food addicts hide behind and retards to parrot.

It is assumed people know not to eat a diet of pure cane sugar or similar.

To be using this as a condition to your argument is unreasonable.

You're retarded and worse, you don't know why.

> anorexic and fat
This meme must die. There are no fat anorexics. Maybe some fat bulimics, but no fat anorexics.

Except that he isn't burning 900 calories a day

No it is not unreasonable.
It is following the logic of that mindless saying that is squealed by tens of millions of idiots.

He said he eats a lemon as a snack lmao, this bait is too good.

You seem to be saying the best rule of thumb doctors have for the mass general public is garbage because a clown like you might want to eat 1500 calories of cane sugar or Starbucks latte?

Why are you on Veeky Forums?

1500 calories of cane sugar has as much energy as 1500 calories of fruit and veg.
I think you're the type of person that incorrectly answers the "which one is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?" question.

Yeah, but bricks are heavier than feathers.

>Half a M&M
>a M

It's AN M&M, retard.

>But you can not sit there and tell me that eating 1500 calories of pure cane sugar is the same as eating a balanced diet of meat veg and the occasional fruit.
But are talking about gaining/losing weight or general health? For the first one, I can absolutely say that 1500 Calories of anything will change your weight about the same.

Of course, 1500 Calories of fucking sugar is not much at all and you'll have a lot of trouble maintaining such a "low calorie" diet for long. Additionally, it does not include too many nutrients, we need variety, so that's not really good for your health either.

However, if one stuck to the diet, the expected weight changes would happen all the same. So while being healthy takes more work, controlling your weight is all about Calories In and Calories Out.

It's an unnecessary distinction, however, as the people who complain about calories are all the fat fucks who only eat candy and starbucks and get 4k+ Calories of it every day.

While the energy values are identical...the guy has a point although i doubt he knows the reason why.

The endocrine system will process them differently and at different rates. The pancreas will freak out, flood the body with insulin and try store all that sugar as fast as possible as fat cells.

But this is not an energy making system, prolonged diets of pure sugar under your TDEE will not magically make you fatter and fatter.

Find one fucking doctor or nutritionist who says " A calorie is a calorie" without caveats or mean it.

No, a correct analogy would be do you want to eat 400 calories of eggs or do you want to drink 400 calories of gasoline.
A calorie is a calorie after all.

>For the first one, I can absolutely say that 1500 Calories of anything will change your weight about the same.

No.
No it will not.
That's what this entire fucking thing is about.
A calorie is not just a calorie.

You will lose weight if you eat less you will gain if you eat more? That basic simple statement is true.
But your body will absolutely revolt against you if you use the wrong kinds of calories and the type of and amount of mass lost and gained will change depending on what you eat.

This is basic fucking knowledge.

Considering I can't digest gasoline, I'm going to go with the eggs.

>No, a correct analogy would be do you want to eat 400 calories of eggs or do you want to drink 400 calories of gasoline.
I doubt the body can make use of the energy in gasoline. I'd rather eat 400 calories of eggs instead of sugar for various reasons, reasons that aren't "my body defies physics".

You're forgetting body composition and how the metabolism changes based on how you eat.

With a diet like that they MIGHT lose weight, but their body composition not even mentioning their health will be horrid.

Except you guys are wrong and he is right. Basic principles of insulin. Thermodynamics/cico is literally dr. Oz mom-tier fitness advice. Telling someone "your diet is as simple calories in, calories out. iifym!" Is the basic equivalent to telling someone "only use the elliptical to get toned, if you lift weights you will get too bulky!"

For you cardiofags who don't see the problem here, what I mean is yes, your advice is based on facts and has a tiny ring of truth to it, but it is also the most rearded advice you could possibly give to someone who is asking about diet and nutrition, yet it is almost always the first words parroted by the people on Veeky Forums.

Coincidentally, the majority of Veeky Forums are a bunch of fat DYEL neckbeards, so this never surprises me.

But a calorie is a calorie? Isn't it?

>MIGHT
No, will. They will lose weight, replace any source of your normal energy intake with the calorie equivalent amount of sugar and you will lose or gain as much weight as you were before the change.

Yes, the energy in the gasoline doesn't cease to exist because reasons.

That's already taken into account as a difference in Calories in/Calories out, you fucking dumbass, regardless of how it's processed

If you're too retarded to figure out the calories out, that's your problem

So your theory is that the body doesn't properly digest eggs as it does sugar which is why you would get fatter eating sugar?

A calorie is a unit of energy.
If the body isn't using that energy, the term is meaningless to the discussion.

Food is used as energy, Gasoline isn't.

That's fucking stupid.

Different calories have different effects on your body at different times. Your metabolism will speed up or slow down depending on what you eat or how much you eat and might even do everything it can to keep weight.

Calories in vs calories out is something people hold onto because it's fucking simple and it allows a lot of leeway in how they eat.

It's also deeply misleading and is used as a way to get people to eat absolute garbage or lie to themselves about how much energy they are consuming and worse not care or know about the types of food they are consuming.

I had a ex that would constantly tell me how she ate like shit and loved food. She'd go on and on about how she ate more than anybody and didn't do anything to work it off and still looked good.
>she actually ate like a little bitch. Would have a cookie or two and some other bullshit snacks and think it was a feast. Tfw she found out just how much chicken, rice and broccoli I ate on a daily basis

Oh, you're one of the retards that thinks calories reset every day.

For the sake of any ignorant people lurking that might have been infected by this bit of idiocy, calories in/calories out works over long periods of time, not just in the short term.

Unless you have severe digestive problems, a calorie will be taken into account over time, regardless of how quickly it is metabolised, provided you stick to your caloric limits.

No, the discussion is clearly stating that a calorie is, no matter what, a calorie and the laws of dynamics and all of that stupid bullshit they know fuck all about.

This. Its so fucking simple. Cico is pushed by coca cola, nestle, kraft, etc.. They want you to eat their shit and feel good about it. I've NEVER met an actual fit person (over the age of 18) who believes in this bullshit.

Dude, just stop arguing with them. I've tried for years. They are the most thick-headed, stubborn lot you'll ever argue with. After all, you are threatening their junk food, and anything that threatens their american freedom is immediately heresy.

Let them roll on, eating according to their macros, let 34% of them (and steadily rising) be obese. Since, you know, cico is working so damn well for the burgertards. After all, its simple science, right?

No, you're trying to come up with every excuse in the book and using retarded analogies to justify it.

>Your metabolism will speed up or slow down depending on what you eat or how much you eat and might even do everything it can to keep weight.
Your metabolism does not induce fission or whatever retarded process you think takes place that means energy can be created from nothing.

Are you fucking kidding me you stupid fucking cunt?

This isn't about day to day. This is about every day.
Even if you stretch it over weeks and months it's still going to be the same shit.

Are you absolutely fucking retarded?

There is no excuse, I will use no more analogies.
A calorie is not just a calorie.
Every single doctor, nutritionist, and scientist you can find says the exact same thing. The only people who are sticking to this, are fucktards who don't know any better and junk food/fast food shillers.

Your metabolism is also not a 100% efficient system you goddamned retard.

If it was we would have died a long goddamend time ago.
Do you realize where you are right now?
What the biggest things people want to know here?
How to raise the metabolism.
How to make the body use excess energy.
How to make the body as energy inefficient as possible.
That includes eating certain kinds of foods. Get it?

>Your metabolism is also not a 100% efficient system you goddamned retard.
Where does this not utilized food energy go?

An impacted bowel would but then he'd explode from all the low calorie soda he drinks

The food energy is all utilized, but the problem is that it's not utilized in the way that you think.

People simply spout calorie in calorie out.
Without actually thinking about it.

What do you mean "out"
Exercise?
Living?
Excretion?
Defacation?

A massive chunk of energy is spent simply to keep the body warm.

That's not even mentioning how the metabolism changes because of what and how much is eaten as well as how active the body is and emotional states.

Calorie in and calorie out is true. But only if you want to lose ANY amount of weight or gain any amount of weigh tno matter what it looks like or affects your health.

That is the problem with it.
It's short sighted lazy and is used to talk naive people into "diets" and eating trash as long as it's under a certain amount of calories.

Have you ever shit before in your life?

Underrated kek

Nigga there is no difference between 100kcal of sugar and 100kcal from veggies
The health problems you mentioned come from lack of vitamins and minerals which aren't in sugar, but plenty in vegetables, fruits, etc., the calories give you the same energy

>Nigga there is no difference between 100kcal of sugar and 100kcal from veggies

That's 100% incorrect.
And you are fucking stupid for posting that shit and not knowing why it's fucking stupid.

Then enlighten me my friend

Sorry to but in on your conversation, but for weight loss purposes he is 100% right and you are fucking retarded.

Do I really have to tell your dumbass how and why 100 calories of sugar and 100 calories of veggies are different?

>The food energy is all utilized
If it is all utilized then the energy value of veggies is the same as sugar.
The only way your shitfit can make any sense is if you can explain what it fucking is about "healthy" food that the fucking unit of measurement that is the calorie isn't appropriate for vegetables because it doesn't reflect the fucking energy that the body gets from them, unlike with sugar.

Just explain where this energy goes that makes vegetables and sugar not energy equivalent. Do you shit it out unprocessed? Does a pixie magic it out of your stomach?

Yes, if you make a claim you have to provide proofs to support said claim, no?

like says it doesn't matter in terms of weight loss

If you want to be 'healthy' then obviously it matters

>What is calorie density