Free weights vs. machines

which one do you prefer, Veeky Forumsizens and why?

>endomorphs, ectomorphs, etc

stopped reading

Free weights, because they work better. They make you bigger, stronger, and more athletic. There really is no debate here. A better question might be "free weights and machines vs freeweights only"

Neither. Body by bodyweight brah

Freeweights seem to be superior in adding mass, plate loaded machines are useful to get different angles but I wouldn't say they're as good as freeweights, normal machines seem to be good for just the pump.

this artist is such a fucking retard

So you waited until almost the end?

Running for days, bruh. Days.

Freeweights obviously

I hate machines so i only do tricep extensions.

>endomorphs, ectomorphs, etc
>etc
there was only one thing left did you just not know what it was

The thumbnail made me hope it was a comic about fit sonic, knuckles and tails and they were flexing and it was just how their life is about fitness and sonic says chili dogs are high in protein and makes out with tails a little bit

This guy is an idiot.

For almost every person that goes to the gym, They should be doing free weights. The benefits of moving weights in more than one dimension is great for strenghtening ligaments and joints

it's a guide for artists you idiot

this always baits a lot of replies from fit everytime it's posted

it's a guide for artists not for lifters

Free weights are objectively better. There is no argument.

The only people who should be doing machines are maybe those who are just starting out and don't know what they are doing, or those who, for some medical/injury related reason, CAN'T do free weights.

prob doesn't lift too busy drawing shit

it's a guide for artists you autist

I don't do any machines and my only isolations are Preacher Curls and Skull Crushers

The funny thing is not doing any machines makes me less prone to injury since your core gets the strongest with all freeweights and compounds.

it deviates from talking about drawing and starts making judgement calls on dumb shit

>v-taper = gym rat

they all got blacked

2 3 1

Free weight machine for primary movements/foundation of a workout, plate-loaded machines for accessory exercises.

That's like, 90% of decent programs.

Sorry, free weights*

>Iggy pop
Who even comes up with this broscience?

It's okay. Reading is hard. Keep practicing and maybe you'll make it to the end.

The only machine you should ever touch is the lat pull-down, because there's no equivalent free weight exercise. (unless you're lifting dumbbells while hanging upside-down like a bat)

You mean a pullup?

Function over form

you mean a pullup you bitch.

for machines, rear deltoid machine and pec fly are so much better seated. Also seated rows

>Pec Fly
Dumb Bell Bench or Dumb Bell Flys
>Rear Delt Machine
Rows
>Seated Rows
Just do Rows (or T-Bar Row)

im this user No excuse to ever use a machine, Free weights can take care of all your needs and has carryover.

Image so obviously draw by someone who never lifted, probably some fatass too

>muh functional strengf

kek