/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General.
Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!
>QT edition
Post progress, PR's, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BIxQhaVBO2t/
youtube.com/watch?v=ToxmbOr00co
bmfsports.proboards.com/thread/436
fb.com/englishpowerliftingassociation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1th for benis

this girl looks like a roastie slut post more lolis

Good morning everyone, are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Going to the farmer's market downtown in an hour or so after my gf wakes up to get some good cheese. Probably going to walk around downtown and chill for a while. Bench AMRAP and squats tonight. How about you?

in 28min i'm going to try and pause 190 squat

What's his name?

Anzu

There's even more new trips!
Hello. What's happening in that picture?

Yee

reeeeee why does my phone keep that thing on

>not going at 9am
>doing shit before you go
enjoy your 5 reps

I'm not new desu, I tripped after the pic (BIGGEST MEETUP IN PLG HISTORY) and my phone keeps it on by default and I forgot to turn my trip off.

Yeee boooiii proud of you

Oh cool. But you're new to me.
I haven't been here since October.

Another new friend, hello!

Worthless bro is benchbro, not new

Oh. Why is he called worthlessbro?

My side still feels like shit from my intercostal strain. I'll be happy if I get 6-7 reps and really happy if I can still squat pain free. Plus I'll be eating a lot of food today, so I think going tonight won't make me do shitty.

Alex was around way before October.

And this is Joe.

I don't remember his trip?

Clambake in Maine on Sunday.

He's a fucking worthless trash person

>I haven't been here since October.

Lol.

Do you remember Princess Cavalcanti?

I know that's trappy but she wasn't in plg last year.

Joe is alright. Just misunderstood is all.

because he thinks he's worthless (and for a little while he was, but not anymore)

I was, and still am, user. I just had a trip on for the meet and my phone never turned it off. So that's why.

you're gonna be fine today tBh. you said that it doesn't hurt at all when lifting, right? don't let yourself get into your head while you're lifting then.

please don't respond to the trappy spammer

I see. And sure I didn't realise he was a spammer, sorry.

Wew lad

Any advice / comments?

instagram.com/p/BIxQhaVBO2t/

Main issues I see when it gets heavier is:

I collapse down and can't sit "back" as well

Furthermore, I want to be more explosive (more bounce) out of the hole but I find this to be pretty hard without losing tightness and I having a perfect setup or it.

Core bracing time?

Core bracing time. You collapse down because your core is as floppy as old fat lady titty. Brace, prepare your anus, sit back and then drop.

I'm only a little bit stronger than you so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

It seems like you hyper extend as a result of improperly bracing against the belt. Which is as bad as curving your spine IMO

As well you're not explosive because you don't stretch out your hamstrings and you pause the squat.

Sweating like a paedo at a park on this bus.

are you trying to pause at the bottom or something?

>and you will never deadlift more than me

how much are you DLing now

Also just realised that you need to pull those elbows down! Your back tightness is non existent.

It's all piss desu isnt it

are you sean

I thought you two were the same person

but you post differently

What do you mean by core bracing time?

I'm a little confused because before every rep (usually) I take a huge breath and feel a lot of tightness against my belt and in. My. Core

Ya the hyper extension was Bretty bad today. I definitely need to work on my ability to dive bomb the squat or be faster. I tend to go slowish to avoid buttwink I get when I dive bomb

Nah, just bad and really slow. The last rep was really paused cause I was tired tho lel

They are the same. He talks to himself.

"Dino" is his new character for trying to actually talk about lifting. Probably wants into the treehouse.

no I'm the guy who couldn't bench 1pl8 for too, too long.
Glad that's all behind me now though.

It can be improved, form can always be improved.

Being slow is a good thing, dive bombing is not!
You're suppose to slowly descend and speed up near the bottom to catch the reflex.

Do you cue pulling the floor apart with your feet to lock in your hips? This cue couple with sitting back should stop that buttwinkitis. You might end up skipping in depth for a while as you get used to it tho

>Core bracing time. You collapse down because your core is as floppy as old fat lady titty. Brace, prepare your anus, sit back and then drop.
I love how literally none of this is in any way useful.

Okay, you probably need like five minutes with a good coach in person instead of listening to plg which is probably what got you in this mess in the first place. But whatever, here goes.

Short version, stop looking up and trying to squat with your neck. Take a deep, deep breath, as deep as you can, probably several, until you're full of air. Then squeeze the shit out of your abs until it feels like your head is going to pop off from the pressure

Focus on holding your abs tight on the way down and not relaxing, and go as slow as you need to in order to make this happen. Do not drop.

Basically, "brace harder" except explained in a way that actually makes sense.

The rest of your problems is kind of positional shit that is easier to show in person then convey online.

Hey woah, I'm not a Sean character.
I understand there has a been a lot going on though.

I looked in the archive the other day and I searched my name and there was like 100 posts this month referencing me.

Idk why, I got some ideas though
I'm just taking it all in right now

I just wanted to say old lady titty

Yeah, deadlifting had zero pain. Benching was just painful to lay down and get up from the bench. I did feel pretty shaky and unstable though, but that could have just been the shitty bench. If squats are pain free at least I can keep up with Sheiko.

I might be due for an upper deload at some point soon anyways. I've just been cycling this program with no break since mid april.

This is weird because Plg is telling me I am doing me a shit job of all the things I tough that I was doing well

I have especially tought more recently that my back tightness was better. I might try bringing grip in

I don't cur this but I have noticed myself spreading the floor I. Other sets and usually like the way it feels. Buttwink isn't a huge problem for me right now IMO but it definitely was and is why I go so slow on squats

I will tr this more

Thanks man. I think I already brace hard, but obviously not enough. I'll just TRY HARDER at it then.

>I'm not a Sean

Totally sean.

Tbh lad you may benefit from relearning the squat from the ground up I stead of try and mix and match solutions to your problems. I imagine that's why it is the way it is now, because of conflicting advice.

Instead of trying to*

Please please please don't suggest this. :( :(

I have already done the like 5 times.

And I didn't think my squat was rife with errors to necessitate that.

But maybe it is... I'll probably wait to ask Isley or bodorio is norse

I JUST WANT MY SQUAT TO GO UP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tbh excited for school/pending poverty to start so I can finally get some productive training in lads.

Who else /shittysummer/ for gains?

Try to get the opinion of a trusted coach if you can, there are forums out there where people will give you professional form advice.

I squat more than you and I still make mistakes and I am still learning. You dont need to deload, just find a style of squatting that works for you and be consistent.

I like to squat wide, feet pointing fairly forward, a very close grip, push traps back into the bar, clench my ass cheeks, and squat with the hips while maintaining my back angle.

I have short femurs so maintaining my back angle comes natural, your squat will look different dependant on your body.

The biggest thing is, you're dropping and trying to drop.

Here's a little drill you can try: Clench your fist and arm nice and hard. Now, keeping it clenched, try and throw a punch quickly. Now, relax, shake it off and staying relaxed, try and throw a punch again. Notice the difference?

If you are "tight" then you can't move fast, and if you're moving fast, you're not tight.

>long femur lumpen race
Tbh.

Fug. I'll ask one of the strong lads when they're online.

I had just been squatting for awhile feeling pretty good about it, but mostly caring about the buttwink and back angle.

Oh well

yooooooooooo
school is the best for gains, I ALWAYS plateau in the summers
>oodles of food
>no job because I make enough in summer to pay for my life
>only physical thing I have to do besides lifting is walk to and from class

youtube.com/watch?v=ToxmbOr00co

WHO IS THIS

I'm coming off back to back 74 hour work weeks right meow, I "think" my last day in the gym was five days ago and I'm not sure when the last one was before that.

Who here /hyped af for training/?

This might be my favorite day in the whole block.
I might do AMRAP for one set on the bench or deadlifts.

S H E I K O
H
E
I
K
O

I'm going to run sheiko next cycle but want to finish this program first. Hopefully in 2 weeks I'll make the 5kg PR i'm looking for.

Trip on ofc

>sheiko with a 323 wilks

I proclaim you as a new sean character

cause this is too much of a meme to be real

Lads...

Her hair is thinning due to all the bleaching and dyeing, she will probably go bald when she's older.

Thanks dude.
At the gym rn so I probably won't do that haha but I will when I get home.

I will work on tightness. Other than mindfulness and doing it as hard as I can every time I lift, any other tips or advice for getting better at it?

I really can't imagine the pain persisting for too much longer tBh. have you tried icy hot, heating and icing it, etc?

and yeah, you've been hitting RPE9.5-10 every week now for how long? you're probably overdue for an upper deload

my gf

fuark, iktf. last 2 summers I worked in a coffee factory as a shift supervisor, and there were 3 of us for 4 crews, so we always had batshit hours like that. I think most weeks I'd be at like 70-80 hours for the entire summer. paychecks were nice, but fuark did my training suffer badly.

thank fug I got a cushy 40 hour per week job now

me

got SPOTOSHOT 2.0 DAY 3 today

gonna do some liftings, maybe some squats or something, idk. we'll see how I feel. next few weeks are gonna be just fun stuff/brogramming for squats anyways. gonna be a fun ass workout either way

Not really, just practice and time.

this is a nice thread

Get outta here commie

Thanks dawg. I really appreciate it.

I will work on it and I'll definitely be shitting up Plg with sets of mine

COMMIE GET OUT

madison?

What's the stream link for Isleys meet?

Thank you!
Now, as I do not have much experience with any programs more advanced than the Texas Method, would you mind suggesting an exercise for me?
The only exercise I can think of that would hit the chest hard-ish would be wide grip bench press, but I do not know how well that would work for my shoulders, and if it would make the fatigue build up faster.
I'm afraid my situation isn't made much better by the fact that I only have a small home gym with a flat bench.
I found a list over at bmfsports.proboards.com/thread/436 and while it is full of suggestions, most of them
Would I be OK to replace flyes with close grip bench or OHP? I am familiar with both, but while 6x4 OHP at 60 % of my best effort bench is a pretty heavy exercise made no easier by the fact that I'd have been bench pressing just moments before, CGBP with the same volume and weight is hardly felt, even after heavy-ish benching before.
I won't refuse to entertain the idea of doing dips or other bodyweight movements, it's just that I haven't done them very often, and as such do not know how well they would help my bench press.

Sorry if I'm raving, I'm just very curious about this sort of programming.

*most of them seem like the kind of exercises I would do to target the triceps or shoulders rather than the chest, even if it does get hit by the exercises too. Sorry, I got so hooked up in wondering where I put that webbum that I forgot to finish the sentence.
Is "Chest muscles" just Russian for "Bench press assistance exercise"? Again I must admit that I am not very experienced with this, and again I will ask how anyone in the thread might have gone about this - That is to say, which particular exercise(s) they decided to do, and their experiences with that.

Has anybody got the link to isleys competition livestream?

Good luck to Isley regardless

That was kind of a meme around here
Trying to put out the Olympic flame

holy shit

It'll probably be posted on this page
fb.com/englishpowerliftingassociation/

Don't have the fixed one, good luck Isley!

What's the point? We all know how he did.

Poorly

I'd go with dips, DB bench, or incline

Thanks lad

He's the best powerlifter left who posts here

Fairly sure I out turtle his geared total raw.

You're the real OCG?

The one and only.

>not Phil, Norse, Joffrey, virtus, SSB, ....

Hey :) how you been? Lifts now?

Fuckin eh, water cut is going really well lads; won't need to hit the sauna tonight.

If they still post here then I guess Bodorio is the best here

Hey guys,

for texas method, im adding another day of volume

Sunday
5x5

Tuesday
???

Thursday
Intensity Day for Squat and Deadlift/High Pulls

Friday
Intensity Day for Bench/OHP

For Tuesday, I want to do a variation of bench and OHP ... So can you give me your favorite alternative to typical bench and Ohp?

thanks

>SSB
>powerlifter
>

Wilks and Gaston paid off a kangaroo to kill his entire family

so not good

Norse still posts and he is the finest lad here

>Joffrey
>norse
>good

>ssb
>powerlifter

BACK TO TUMBLR, HE-SHE. RASKOL APPAREL IS CRINGEY.

>BACK TO TUMBLR, HE-SHE. RASKOL APPAREL IS CRINGEY.
kek, im happy you guys still like my picture....

but advice too?

I was thinking of the z-press for OHP variation

SSB?

Jump on the chat you shit.

I personally don't really like any bench variations I've tried, so I'd say more benching. Z-press will probably be your best option for ohp though, considering btn is aids for your shoulders and push press will mostly be the top half of the movement.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I fixed my bench plateau by benching a lot. Far more frequently than I squat and dead lift combined.