Swimming to lose fat

Okay, here's the deal - I'm fat as fuck. I read the sticky, hell, I read it six years ago and made my own gym routine. The problem - I was too fat and knees couldn't take it. Same with running, which I like.

Now more than a year has passed since my last fight with being a fucking slob, and I'm finally moving my ass to swimming, going to the pool on Monday.

One thing I don't really know is what routine I should start with. I weight about 150 kg with a height of 183 cm. I wanna start going three times per week, but what exercises I should start with?

Just swim and eat healthy my dude :)

What strokes do you know how to swim?

Doggy paddle, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle are all worth learning, in roughly that order. You can also practice drills you find on youtube.

If you're fat the only thing you should focus on is eating a balanced and diverse meal from raw ingredients, and staying on a consistent fitness schedule. Doing this and only this will build a foundation for future habits and lifestyles.

You could try to do some gym exercises and afterwards swim, that's what i usually do.

Do cardio bruh
Do the cycling machine or an elliptical
Both are easy on knees

Also eat a defficit

I used to have a problem with swimming due to being too buoyant. Since the local pool doesn't allow weight belts, I snuck a couple pounds of lead up my ass to get the correct buoyancy.

If you do this, be sure to wedge it in properly, I almost got caught once when I sneezed at the poolside and the dropping shot cracked a floor tile. If this happens to you, blame the damage on illegal urban duck hunters.

Yeah, but both would cost me a gym membership, when it's cheaper for me to go to the pool. Also, I kinda think swimming is just more fun.

As for eating - yeah, I know, I've been overeating as fuck on sweets and energy drinks - it'll be hard to cut them off, but I started right now. I already mainly eat chicken and fish, I just have to find some recipes, how to prepare food for 2 o 3 days.

My dude, I lost about 100 pounds or so. Here's what I did

>Diet
1800 calories a day of FILLING food. Eat that in rice, beans, vegetables of every kind, fish and chicken. You will be full after a week or two of doing it. Learn your basic spices and try new things out, just watch your portions and don't go insane with the olive oil. Cheap, too.

>Exercise
I did elliptical for an hour during the week days. Swimming is good too, but kind of hard to track your progress. Push yourself each time you exercise, maybe even time your laps. Try to beat your last record.

>Things to do as you make progress
I started weightlifting when I hit 160. I'm now eating over my TDEE by 400 calories to gain some muscle mass. This isn't necessary but I'll have major confidence to improve yourself even more once you look back on how fat you were.

Swim is nice but the key is to raise your heart rate.

I think brisk walking would be easier for the effort, but swimming has nice. Compounds when doing varies strokes.

So you mainly lost weight just with a diet alone, and the elliptical during the weekend?

Also, yeah, thanks a lot - I'll try counting my calories for starters, see what I'm doing wrong.

swimming might just be the best cardio for you, just swim a few lengths, get out of the pool rest for a few min and repeat

I was thinking of swimming for an hour, three times a week. Some walking on all other days, since I can't really ride a bike due to epilepsy.

Isn't swimming with epilepsy even more dangerous than cycling?

Swimming is only dangerous for me, and the there's someone to help. Riding a bike around where I live would require going through roads with cars and shit - don't want to risk an accident if I somehow get a seizure.

Chances are slim, since I don't have a lot of attacks, but I'd still rather go for something else, like swimming.

This guy

that picture has crossfit written the fuck all over it. i hope that assfuck hits his head and drowns.

Yes, this x1000. Losing weight is mostly (like 80%) about diet. Exercise has 2 advantages.

1) It helps you burn some extra calories to make you lose weight a little faster.

2) It helps you maintain fitness and muscle mass while losing fat.

six years ago, did you try eating less?

Yeah, but I knew shit about dieting back then, had other problems, I think I even tried a Dukan diet back then. Two years ago I got into it a little bit more, lost a few kilos, but I got careless and all that shit got back when I moved to another city.

Now I'll try eating less, I'll probably mainly buy some frozen veggies, chicken breasts, fish and eggs. Some green fresh veggies as an option too - I need shit I can easily count, since I'd rather not spend hours every day on cooking.

dig holes