What is the consensus on this routine?

What is the consensus on this routine?
Is it legit or mostly meme?

Any routine named after something in pop culture is a meme

Named after a gym, which itself is named after popculture bs,

Add rows and pull ups for the best beginner program.

where?

Like this.

Dumbbell bench, facepulls, lateral raises, and hammer curls are a good idea too.

this excludes the normal 2 warm up sets I'm assuming?

They worked on their marketing. Added some fancy visuals, a little copywriting using words as DEFINITIVE, INTELLIGENT, DEVELOPMENT, STRENGTH

The name and logo ain't that bad desu heh, they'll sell a lot more now

Yes that is all working sets, warmups are not included.

Do you go up in weights every week? Also, on the upper body is week one bench/press/bench and week two is press/bench/press? Gonna start this next week hopefully

Infinitely superior to SL 5x5

The new edition is out??

yes (1lbs for upper body, 2lbs for lower body), and yes

the book is a quick and neccessary read, just bing greyskull filetype:pdf

It's weird, he has you doing pushups and chins every day

Should I just follow the base program for a few weeks and then slowly start adding the plugins?

Press/Bench 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squats 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

Press/Bench 2x5, 1 x 5+
Deadlift 1 x 5+

My job in construction is very demanding physically so I don't want to overdo it

Appreciate it user

2.5 lbs for upper body
5 lbs for lower body

The problem is there is very little lat+ upperback work. I'd at least do pullups every other session

whoops, oh yeah, was thinking in kilos. also you add weight every sessions not just every week.

>About
Indeed, I add V-handle/widegrip pulldowns (alternating) and do some neg chins (since I'm a noob)

That's what I'm doing. Slowly adding the plugins based on my progess so far - for instance I feel my triceps are lagging behind so adding one or two tricep plugins. Not getting enough lat, so adding lat plugins. The added benefit is that your endurance will increase, so slowly adding more and more is less draining than just doing 10+ plugins right off the bat.

Also, how many plugins do anons add? I'm thinking 4-6, plus also changing it so I do more bench (incline bench press on the days there's no bench, translating into some kind of bench press every session). I feel like I'm not progressing fast enough, and that I could do more.

Literally what I'm doing right now. This with added lateral raised and curls on OHP day and db incline press and facepulls on bench day

the basic template + frequency method for chin-ups and push-ups constitute the best beginner program, afaik: great progression; emphasis on low volume but weight on barbells, conjugated with high frequency complementary work; great upper body work

mind it that is pretty different from this pic , which is not one of the official routines, and lacks the frequency method

Frequency method is complete horseshit and a waste of time. Do you believe in his fasted cardio too lmao

The thing I don't get with these, they say alternate ohp/bench, and alternate chinups/rows. But then they definitively say day 1 squats, day 2 deadlifts, day 3 squats. How is that not also "alternating"?

Because you squat 2 days a week where as the other exercises you do 3 times every 2 weeks

if someone needs to attach the idea of "well im getting even in MORE shape if I do this good thing in this manner" I don't see that as a problem.

Walking is one of the best things humans can do for health and often neglect. His marketing is a little juvenile but he has the right general idea about the main things. Kicks this shit out of mens fitness or whatever.

So what's new in the third edition compared to the second edition?

>beginner program
>chin ups

Gayer than ever

Where can I get the new one free? I'm getting back into lifting and last time I did sl I just memed out my legs, I want beach muscles

This or ICF 5x5 for a beginner?

Read the sticky fatso

This is not an official routine, this is what some faggot from reddit made up.

Literally doesn't matter. They're all the same fucking shit with slightly different arrangements of the same half a dozen lifts.

Can you post official?

I just want to get a chest bro

Then add some more chest work. Nobody is gonna call the cops.

the 2nd edition book is literally in the dropbox

> progressive chin-ups in abeginner program
> horseshit

sure you know your shit..

do push-ups, foot on a step or a chair, everyday (like cited frequency method); when you get proficient at it, start doing bench press; if you can't do incline push-ups nor regular ones, start with diamond push-ups

honestly I wish I had done this when I started to lift - there's nothing more embarrassing and futile than a completely noob trying to bench press baby weights with horrid form

I did SL for about 4 months but had to stop because I lost access to weights and gained crippling depression.

I'm back on the horse again and I've been doing Phrak's variant of GSLP for 2 months as of next week. I wasn't even able to do a single chin-up when I started and now 3x5 weighted is commonplace, thanks in part to the frequency method but I stopped that as soon as I could do 3x5 because Im eating at maintenance so it seemed to be affecting my weighted chinup progression.

I am definitely noticing an increase in my arm, shoulder, and back size compared to SL5x5. Ive always had big legs because Ive always been somewhat overweight so reducing squat to 2x weekly seemed smart for aesthetic reasons.

Overall I'm really pleased with the program so far compared to SL.

SL is shit, I regret doing it instead of SS or Greyskull

I don't think it's shit, it just serves a different type of lifter. I'm still newb but from my perspective it seems like if you want to be a powerlifter -> SL, olympic lifter -> SS, and if you want aesthetics -> GSLP or AllPro

Yes, you are new.

No, SS and GS are all around better programs. If you want power-lifting SS is superior.

Cool thanks for adding to the discussion