What would fast food like like if someone else became the global power following WW2?

For instance, from america the whole world enjoys burgers and fries in McDoalds that are everywhere.

What would fast food be if Germany was the consumerist and capitalists hegemon of the world in the 50s? What about Italy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cuisine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it were Germany, there would probably be backeries everywhere, selling pretzels, buns and sandwiches. Italian fast food is already pretty big, so I doubt that it would change much.

sausages and sauerkraut

WW2 wasn’t what made the US a superpower.

>Non-capitalist societies inventing fast food
Nope. You all are thinking of street food.

I think there's a part of In the Presence of Mine Enemies by Harry Turtledove that mentions sausages are the world's most popular food 70 years after Germany's victory in WW2.

If Germany won we would all be eating turkish fastfood (döner kebap) by now...

we eat that pretty regularly here in the UK. I'm quite partial to a donner kebab.

>Italian fast food is already pretty big

What's that like?

>burgers
Originally a German dish
>fries
Originally a Belgian/French dish

>UK
Asalam Alaikum, fellow Brit

>USSR
>none

Worse, food that involves beets

And potatoes. Just beets and potatoes. The USSR would've start a whole generation of vegetarians, and meat would only be for the rich.

Honestly everyone in europe eats doner kebab, its tasty and easy just like OP's hamburger example.

>implying third reich is non-capitalist

Actually there were a couple dishes that was uniquely soviet (as they liked to stamp out local food culture)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cuisine

They've got pierogi, I'm down with that. And the sauerkraut and shredded carrot dish sounds pretty tasty.

I like hearty foods but almost everything there is hearty.

Have eaten pierogi at a Polish friends' house, this shit is delicious. Polish cuisine is imo one of the best of Europe besides Mediterranean and Scandinavian

>this is what your average burger spends his time thinking about

Soljanka, a soup/stew was made popular by the Soviets in the former GDR, and is still a staple in most restaurants in eastern Germany.

user

>america invented capitalism/is the only capitalist country
how is it even possible to be this retarded and so deep up your own ass?

Big titty clown gf be mine

>Third Reich was capitalist
Retard
was responding to posts implying a German victory. I know reading a string of 3 sentences is difficult for some of our more "special" posters but please try to do so next time before responding to a post.

You know every country today has fast food chains of their own food right?

Kung Fu noodle chain in China for example.

>Fastfood.
>American convention
Mcfucking Ancient Rome and China had them long before you guys ever did.

Anything cooked fast is fast food? That can't be right. It must be defined by other variables.

Bastion is best boy

>Cultures regularly borrow ideas from each other and evolve them

Wow, you are probably the first person ever to point this out.

The fuck you're on about? Polish abd Scandinavian cuisine are the worst in Europe, even Dutch people eat better food than them.

>>Third Reich was capitalist
>Retard
t. head-up-the-ass amerimutt

Nothing about Natsoc was capitalist.

Wow this is a "what if the Nazis won" hypothetical that I actually haven't seen on Veeky Forums

>muh true scotsman fallacy
or more likely you are a deluded ameritard without even the slightest idé of what you're talking about.
riddle me this mutt, who owned the factorys? i know schindlers list is a fucking awful and inaccurate movie but the main character schindler was a capitalist

>capitalism has to do with private citizens being able to own factories. Because no other system allows that!
>Everyone I don't like is American

HAHAHAHA man as a foreigner who has lived in Warsaw for the last two years, it is one of the most bland cuisines in the world.

Bland is not bad. Maybe not to your taste, but not bad.

>owning the means of production
>extracting wealth from other peoples labor
if the shoe fits, tard

To clarify, I'm extrapolating the most common "fast-food"/street-food dishes around the 50's-60's. So there we would have (in no particular order): Fleischkäse on bun; Frikadeller on bun; Currywurst; Pretzels (with butter/Schmalz); Sausage, Strammer Max (egg sandwich with cheese and ham) and various bread rolls with cheese and ham.

Sausage isn't really the go to fast food, since they usually don't sell it at backeries, and those are really everywhere, so it's more convenient to go there, while sausages as street food (aside from Currywurst) are more for special occasions, like going to the football stadium.

Sauerkraut is comething you usually eat on a plate at home or at a Biergarten, so not so much a fast food.

Of course this really does vary between regions, in Hamburg I'm sure people will tend to get a fish-fillet-bun (or whatever), in Berlin and Dortmund a Currywurst and in Munich a Fleischkäse-bun.
I think if Germany became the dominant power, Currywurst, Pretzels and maybe Fleischkäse would be the most popular, so it might be a good thing to rather have burgers, fries and pizza.

>owning the means of production
>extracting wealth from other peoples labor
All of these exist in multiple economic models. They are very basic, not an indicator of capitalism.

>All of these exist in multiple economic models
not post-industrialisation it doesn't

The burger gained supremacy not because it is American, but because it is the essence of fast food, is the concept distilled into its most austere form.
Meat and cheese between bread. It's perfect.

Oh, care to explain?

Well it's cooked. It can have a variety of toppings and sauces to go with it. Simpler foods exist.

granted the us gained a faster access to nuclear weapons through the war, but they were already the wirld’s largest economy. The only thing preventing their global hegemony was European Colonialism and Militaries. Had WW2 never happened, the US would still eventually gain global supremacy due to the expenses of colonies to europe + the inability to compete with American resources.

WW2 did however make Europe deoendent on the US faster, but it was an inevitability.

Other than Pizza.

>third reich
>post industrial

beets are great you fucking amerimutt

...this is on par with believing the US wouldn't enter the war unless there was a huge surprise attack on them