/fph/ Fat People Hate: Fat Studies edition

Fat Studies is now an actual legitimate academic discipline. HAES and fat acceptance are being taught at multiple universities in the United States.

How can you justify telling fat people that it's possible to lose weight when you're just some degenerate on Veeky Forums, and people with PhDs in Women's Studies say that being fat is natural and it's literally impossible for fat people to lose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

slideshare.net/elusis/asdah
oregonstate.edu/ctl/fat-studies-teaching-about-weightism-social-justice-issue
slideplayer.com/slide/6944386/
huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/geoffrey-f-miller-nyu-investigated-fat-shaming_n_3421496.html
archive.is/mTgyy
slideplayer.com/slide/1427848/
twitter.com/hoeofcolor/status/761312030229925888/video/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

From a slideshow from one of these fat studies courses.
There are several """scholars""" teaching this stuff so obviously it must be true

Some good resources for those who want to learn more about this topic

Daily reminder that telling fat people to eat healthy is no different than telling black people to sit in the back of the bus. At least that's what a bunch of fat white women say.

Last one from this slideshow.
I hope you shitlords are now properly educated

Oh my god. If this is ever offered at my school, I'm going to take it and, as politely as possible, ruin everyone's day. Knowing my luck, it would be one of my favorite professors who taught it. Luckily, the one I have in mind gives the floor to dissenting opinions/facts/ways of looking at things, even if she may silently judge you.

as a European this is ridiculous.. wtf, America

is this guy too fat to realise that he is leaking shit in public or does he not care anymore

disgusting

Bulk right before the course. Begin your cut on the first day. Sit in the front row, eating celery and other healthy food every day. Make the professor watch you get leaner and leaner every day.

Don't worry user, I'm sure European feminists will enlighten your country soon enough. The best part is most European countries have free tuition, so your tax dollars will completely fund these classes!

>Fat black lesbian

FUCKING KEK

>... students will become familiar with the wide rage of activists whose work has challenged fat stigma and developed alternate models of health and beauty.

As if healthy look and beauty are hard-fucking-coded into humans.

>Substantia

I found a full slideshow for a fat studies course online kek. Pic-related
slideshare.net/elusis/asdah

>literally citing Tumblr in a University lecture
This just keeps getting better

>Substantia Jones

Well she does look fairly... substantial.

At the end of the day, when all of these alternative beauty models and fat acceptance is pushed, there's one thing I wish to point out:

Fatsos have never, and will never, give me a boner.

It's a very strange situation. They seem to want to scream for acceptance of their aesthetics; to be attractive, even.

But even after all that, even with their thousands, possibly millions, of dollars they pumped into making this a reality, they still can't give me a boner.

It's pretty funny.

Tobacco Studies is now an actual legitimate academic discipline. HAEB and smoking acceptance are being taught at multiple universities in the United States.

How can you justify telling smokers that it's impossible to breathe properly when you're just some degenerate on Veeky Forums, and people with PhDs in Medicine say that being a smoker is natural and it's literally impossible for smokers to be healthy?

Any user think of going to these shitshows should read "Microaggression and Moral Cultures" by Campbell and Manning. You can find it online.

someobe please explain this to me
how
and why
actually just draw out his anatomy for me please

More

And it's from New Zealand. It's spreading user, your country won't be safe forever.

>I stand
Not enough.

They're right though. We shouldn't be promoting the thigh gap. Thigh gaps are disgusting and unhealthy, pic-related is what a real woman should be looking like. Any woman with a thigh gap needs SS+GOMAD

>recent (and growing) field
kek I'll bet it's growing
>wide range of activists
And I'll bet those activists are pretty wide

I fucking hate twitter
we need a fucking purge
just send a slow cloud of virus gas through the western world and let anyone who can't outrun it be used for compost

I'm actually a recovering fat ass, down just under a hundred pounds since I started college. The teacher I think likely to teach a course like this is actually very tall and thin and eats well, she just cares for everyone so much that she can't bear to hurt anyone's feelings. She's well aware of the changes I've made to my diet and my exercise plan and is quite proud of me for what I've accomplished while maintaining decent (3.2) grades and a job. I wouldn't mind the other students seeing me continue to drop weight, though, and I will gladly show off if any other teacher wounds up with a course like this.

What really irks me about most college sociology courses is that I get called a bad liberal for disagreeing or pointing out inconsistencies. I'm not a bad liberal, I just actually care, rather than wanting to give off the image of caring, but not actually giving a fuck. I know good mental health follows good physical health, and the mental issues left over after you have maintained your physical health for some time are the kind you need to see a shrink for. I'm getting real tired of this microagressions and cultural appropriation bull shit, though. I wish we could stop acting like children and realize that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

>legitimate academic position
idk where that is, but I'm a psychology major and none of my professors would agree to this shit. All of my professors talk about being fit as most healthy and would sooner reach out to students to help them lose weight vs. Tout this bs. I'm at a Cal state btw

You know. I've never been cut for college. I always got bored of it and eventually left in the middle of a therm. Nowaday I was thinking of going back to school.
After 7 years of working minimum wage, I finaly got myself a job at 22$/hr doing production line stuff. I was thinking "Well this could be good for 3, 4, 5 or hell 6 years right? Then maybe I should get my ass back in gears and go back to school? No? Beside, going back to school could give me back a decent social life, since all my friends moved far away"(I myself now live in the big city, but they all had better places to be after their college/university).

Then I see threads like this. I think I found the job to retire at because no way in hell am I going back to school.

either is fine since women naturally have wider pelvises and femurs that jut out more

Okay this shit and the slides actually triggers me to the point of not enjoying /fph/. I'm legitimately buttflustered that this shit has been allowed to flood into education. You would think these young girls would want to look their best and be fit in college. I graduated high school at 260lbs 5'9, weak as hell. I got to college and saw all the beautiful people there and got my ass in shape. I'm 150lbs with a 2pl8 bench lean as fuark. Sure it took 2.5 years to recomp that hard but fuck it feels 1000x better than the sugar would have tasted. Landed myself a solid qt gf who lifts with me, and I'm on my way to become an engineer. It feels great being able to look in the mirror and feel proud.

To be fair, truly fit women don't have a thigh gap either, maybe a triangle at best. Thigh gap is indeed a somewhat unhealthy, unattainable standard for many women. You need a certain waif build to pull off a healthy thigh gap.

>Then I see threads like this. I think I found the job to retire at because no way in hell am I going back to school.
Nah you're still a loser.

>Fat Studies Scholars
>Scholars
This is the bar we're setting to be called a scholar these days is it.

>spheres of life
>spheres
Come on now, there's no need to joke bait like this.

>"Fat Studies" course offered by the school's American Studies department
>Fat Studies... American Studies department
Oh shit, the jokes just write themselves.

How dare you imply that being fat is indicative of hygiene, didn't you read ? End your bias, shitlord.

HOLY SHIT BREHS

More nonsense from """academics"""
Any time I see evidence for this it's comparing things like brown rice v white rice. Small differences like that aren't making people 100 pounds overweight.

I'm fat and I unironically believe it's largely genetics and birth defects. Ama

>always got bored and left halfway through term
Yeah, don't come back. Dumbass like you just ends up taking a seat that could've been put to use on someone decent. Not to mention being a spoiled brat and not taking advantage of being able to.afford a college education that so many can't, despite being infinitely more deserving than you. Just no, stay at your shitty labor job.

how many people do you think will take this bait before the thread is pruned?

This works until an (((activist investor))) takes a hold of the company and decides that your factory needs to lay off 50% or shut down.

Disgusting legs.

> MASSey University
>SUBSTANTIA Jones.

This has to be sone kind of joke.

>universities defunding science disciplines
>universities instead start funding fat studies

this is the end of the line, folks.

I'm not baiting, in the sense that I genuinely believe it. But I of course know it's a divisive opinion

The high test meme is a fucking joke. They all have disfigured legs and a disproportionate ass with a gut.

Disgusting. No better than HAES.

It pisses me off so much knowing there's a hot chick trapped under all that fat.

I found the website for the OSU course.
oregonstate.edu/ctl/fat-studies-teaching-about-weightism-social-justice-issue
They've got all of the slides, and they have a 45 minute video to watch.
Watching it now, just a couple minutes in and we've already got an obese landwhale claiming she's perfectly healthy because she rides a bike.

THIS IS WHAT PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN THE US ARE TEACHING PEOPLE
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WITH A PHD IN WOMEN'S STUDIES

at some point this is going to stop being funny...

>Not to mention being a spoiled brat and not taking advantage of being able to.afford a college education that so many can't
I live in Canada so there's that.
>Spoiled brat
Yeah, being able to afford a therm at school after saving money from a minimum-wage job. Oooh, I sure am spoiled.

I just came back to school after a six year hiatus and there are fat women everywhere, but no haes activity.
I have no idea what will happen when the semester actually starts.
Im two classes from my degree and one of them is PhysEd.
Pray for me.

Holy shit mirin' that 500lb lunge

You taking bets? I'ma guess eighteen.

To be fair, it is a lot cheaper to live on ramen than anything else, but my household food costs have only gone up by ten to fifteen dollars a week when switching from junk to healthy food, and that small difference is easily manageable.

Its on lads!

>at some point this is going to stop being funny...
not for me, but i do think itll stop being fun for them when they get oppressed by the grim reaper

do you believe that you cannot lose weight, regardless of the effort applied?

Still watching the video. These are actual academics with advanced degrees who get paid to teach this stuff. And it's literally just as bad as the BS tumblr posts that half the people here think are trolls.
She's talking about how body shape and size is something we're born with and can't be changed at all.
And now she's attacking a campaign aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Because fat children is a good thing.

Im watching this now.
Anything extra funny?
Oh god, Patti is talking lol
>"Im technically obese..but im already healthy!"

I'm past caring at this point, I'm not fat, I'm not letting my children be fat, everyone else can pursue whatever life strategy they want

>eating based on pleasure
Yes, that's how addictions DO NOT start in the first place, including food addictions that got people to become obese! It's not like they self-medicated their issues by eating a lot of food, just like how the majority of drug addicts use drugs to give them that high to escape and numb their perceived horrible life!

I don't believe I can apply the effort.
I am genetically predisposed towards both gluttony and sloth, I don't have the attention-span to maintain a diet, the intellect to organize it or the neuro-chemical balance to suppress my greed.
I don't think it's nurture, my siblings are thin

Fucking kek.

So you think "predisposition" = predestination?

I found another slide show
slideplayer.com/slide/6944386/
This time from a Canadian. Another PhD.
So that's Canada and NZ (and obviously USA). I'm really curious if anywhere in Europe has this now.

I also found this story:
huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/geoffrey-f-miller-nyu-investigated-fat-shaming_n_3421496.html
Pic-related. Professor tweeted out
>“Dear obese PhD applicants: If you don’t have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won’t have the willpower to do a dissertation. #truth.”
Jimmies were rustled and the university investigated

>that analogy equating obesity to racism
Someone needs to retake their philosophy of logic class. Clearly the teacher failed to instruct them properly on good use of analogies.

And yes, it is laziness. Laziness is a form of complacency, which is what obese people are. Instead of working their asses off (literally) to lose the weight by counting their calories and working out, they decide to blame everyone else. That is psychologically unhealthy. HAES needs some good instruction on defense mechanisms that they use--especially power plays and how they won't allow anyone to logically explain their point of view, and if anyone disagrees with them, they're fat shaming.

No, but I don't think I have it in me to under natural circumstance apply self-control to a meaningful degree

Their problem is that they want to stuff their faces so they want a high quantity of quality food. Fucking landwhales can't do anything right.

Assisted tho'.

>fat "academics"

Thing that gets me is almost everything I love to do, I wouldn't be able to if I were fat. Cycling? Hiking/mountains? Backpacking? Yoga? Can't do it if fat. Hell even a small bit of bodyfat in yoga limits your flexibility range. Try forward seated fold. Your stomach fat, if you have even an inch, gets in the way quickly. Mountains obv hauling 180 lbs is easier than hauling 280 or 400 or 600. It makes no difference if the weight is on your body or pack...(roughly). So being 20 lbs overweight can be killer, like shoving an extra two gallons of water in your pack. Being 200 lbs overweight? You can't climb a fucking hill, let alone a goddamned mountain with several thousand feet of elevation gain. About the only things fat people can do is sit and I guess read books or browse the net. It seems a shallow and boring life, a limited life, like being in prison in your own body. And I feel sorry for them, or would, if they weren't both the prisoner and the guard. You can choose to stuff your face constantly like a pig, or you can choose freedom, but not both.

Your tax dollars are paying for their healthcare

it's just a matter of motivation, if you don't really want to lose weight then you won't, you're right. you may, in the future, be motivated to change but who knows, it's not something anyone but you can influence. unless you hav your friend call you a fat fuck every day like that one pic

Theyre doing this in Bongland now.
They make nurses wear a fatsuit so they understand the "bariatric" patients better.

archive.is/mTgyy

And for the healthcare of smokers alcoholics and drug addicts, i never had that money anyways

And you don't get fat if you just eat a reasonable amount of shit food.

slideplayer.com/slide/1427848/
PhD student at Tel Aviv university. So it's infecting Israel now too.

Pic-related was over 20 years ago... think there's still hope of studies like that happening today?

This.
>eat 80% of the volume of the shit food you eat now
>you lose weight
>you save money

Question. If thigh gaps are unnatural, how come chafing is a thing? Not like ancient people had compression shorts laying around.

>Eating based on pleasure
Fucking hell eat to live don't fucking live to eat you hambeasts

Oh, I agree. I was just saying that I got fat on cheap junk like ramen and soda, and that eating healthier hasn't been much of a cost issue.

I never actually ate much, though, just guzzled soda endlessly.

No, I really, truly hate being fat.
But genetics decide the upper level of how much motivation can be applied to an issue, my upper limit of motivation will never exceed the stimulus of hunger or greed, even if I desperately hate being fat

>eat same junk food
>eat half as much
>be not fat
>food costs literally halved
>???

>social "'""""scientists"""""" can't into economics or logic
>this is what passes for "educated" in 2016

Make it stop. Every academic back to the Greeks is rolling in their grave.

Lightweight baby!

Motivation can be increased if you work at it. Don't try to change everything at once. Just gradually make small improvements to your diet and lifestyle, and you'd be surprised how far you can get by next year. It will help you be motivated and disciplined in the rest of your life too

>But genetics decide the upper level of how much motivation can be applied to an issue
wat. citation needed. Also you can lose weight without being crazy hungry if you do it right and not some kind of meme diet

This is your brain on external locus of control. Look at this man and laugh.

Checked

But I've not genetically been dispised to go in a direction leading to that, even assuming that my brain chemistry is even capable of being in a state where the will to lose weight trumps hunger for an extended period. Thus I am undeniably fat because of genetics, since a mind is entirely made of nurture and nature, and my nurture is fine
I never said crazy hungry, but assuming I believed that, it'd be because I'm not particularly inquisitive on a genetic level

I fuckin the this picture.
I just got back form the store and I was browsing around looking at the pre fried microwave chicken strips while going towards the fresh chicken.
>24oz of fried chicken for 8$
>36oz of raw chicken for 7$
Don't claim shitty food cost less fatties.

>that crooked 'im going to make your life a walk-on-eggshells nightmare and enjoy watching you struggle' smile

So what if a bunch of Veeky Forums people got into fat studies, got a degree in teaching as well, then starting teaching fat studies at university, however instead of teaching it's good, actually teach fat studies and the studies done on fat people and how bad it is?
Gotta play the long game, but it can be done.

>I'm not starting my diet til monday so its okay for me to eat four cupcakes

What a fucking fantastic mentality for never losing weight and remaining fat for the rest of your fucking life.

>taught fatness for the first time
>Taught fatness
She clarified butter

Fat Studies is usually part of Women's Studies. And you basically have to spend 4 years agreeing with tumblr feminism in order to get a degree in Women's Studies. And then several more years for the PhD
You might be able to major in Psychology or something like that though, and make a fat studies course from that.

JEWS EVERYWHERE

Just how self absorbed do you have to be to come up with this bullshit...

Check out this fatty having a fit in a book store because they don't have the book she wanted
The guy dealing with her is the most patient man in the world

twitter.com/hoeofcolor/status/761312030229925888/video/1