How do you guys who don't deadlift...

How do you guys who don't deadlift, how do you make up for the fact you're getting insanely sub-optimal gains for your traps, hamstrings, glutes and lower back?

I tried avoiding deadlifts for many years of my lifting, but none of the "replacement" exercises ever came close to replicating the effects of deadlifting. All the damn shrugs, leg curls and back extensions have never been able to match just deadlifting.

I've been lifting for over 4 years now, so don't try and tell me I didn't isolate those muscle groups enough. Thousands upon thousands of reps of heavy ass barbell shrugs can't even match the development a couple hundred reps of deadlifts have done.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthcats.com/nodeadlift.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=FpuoDBzdfow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>does deadlifts once

>Does deadlifts incorrectly once

I'll never understand this fear mongering meme.

The only negative aspect of deadlifting for me is that I think it's ruined my garage floor LOL. Oh well, that can be repaired easily.

Other than that, deadlifting has infact improved every aspect of my lifting and my squats have skyrocketed because of it. I never knew deadlifting could improve one's squat so much.

I can't keep proper form
Even when I do 1plate my fucking lower back hurts like hell, but I don't feel it anywhere else
for reference, I can row a bit over 1plate for 8x10 and it doesn't hurt my lower back as much

Fuck it who needs legs and core anyway i's all about the arms

If you can Row 1 plate for high reps, you should easily be able to deadlift 2 plates for high reps.

>home gym autist

opinion discarded

so practice with lower weight, sometime you'll do 4pl8 and it will be the most beautiful day of your miserable life

I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment and deadlifts would make too much noise :(...

who dis

Broscience here but I think the problem with the deads is all your muscles do not progress at the same rate. Some might pull more with the lats and back then the legs and vice versa. I think thats why my hamstrings are lagging so badly, so i substituted deads with bodyweight hammy curls, rows, and front squats

you are an idiot
if your form breaks, you shouldn't pull that much

who dat

I don't want gains anywhere but on my ass

tfw ass and harmstring doms

>be me
>lifting for 2 years
>manage to get squat upto 225 x 10
>for some reason I keep stalling after that for a solid year
>start of 3rd year, I decide to start deadlifting because squatting has stalled for so long.
>after 6 months I get my deadlift above 405 for 3 reps using novice training methods for that particular lift.
>decide to start progressing on squats again
>suddenly my squat progresses easily to 315, as if it was noob gains all over again.

Can someone please explain to me what happened here? Was not deadlifting actually holding my progress on squats back or something?

Who cares, don't let them hold back your gains because they want ten minutes of quiet time

deadlifts increase your squat, yes

you need a strong back to squat heavy, the weight is attached to your upper body in both lifts.

>salty he can't afford his own home gym

Ever noticed how it's mostly young DYELs that deadlift and the older, more experienced men don't do it?

You think Olympia competitors give a shit about deadlifts?

If you're lifting purely for aesthetics, don't even bother with that shit.

strengthcats.com/nodeadlift.htm
different strokes for different folks

Dead lifting fucks with my knees, so I end up having to take a month off which means I lose all my progress.

I've had to find other methods of building strength to make up for it.

>Ever noticed how it's mostly young DYELs that deadlift and the older, more experienced men don't do it?

No...ive never noticed that...stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

People don't consider the kind of stress deadlifting puts on the knees. They don't think about 20 years down the road and what kind of wear & tear it creates. There's no doubt it builds strength gains, but in the long run is it worth it?

>steroids
>deadlifts

Hmm geeez I wonder which one helped him get big

My fucking lord.......you guys sound EXACTLY like "that guy", the typical ignorant retarded DYEL fuck at the gym who preaches the most retarded broscience shit all the time, trying to give advice to people who are stronger, bigger and leaner than you.

Seriously fuck off.

DEADLIFTS. DO THEM.
Keep feet close-ish together. Less than hip width.
That way you won't mess up your knees.

youtube.com/watch?v=FpuoDBzdfow

Every month you pay the gym jew, you could be acquiring plates and equipment which last till your grandchildren.

You guys don't have to deadlift, but don't come here and try to convince yourself you're better off for not doing them.

Your isolation exercise don't make up for shit, and that's perfectly ok, but don't try and come here with your bullshit exercises. Just understand you're being bet numale cucks when you do that.

i've been weightlifting for over twenty years
deadlifts are an important part of any routine
i'm old as fuck my knees barely hurt at all
but they feel just like they did when i was twenty two
my dad was obese and didnt take his fitness seriously, he's dead now, but his knees bothered him when he was my age
honestly, the math behind sheer force impact on your knees and their tendons when simply running is a lot more force applied on the relative tendons for much shorter of a time frame than doing a diddly, but diddlies apply more pressure over time, sure, but don't think for a fraction of a second that your knees can't take it
i like to think my knees are in good shape because i keep them well diddlied in an otherwise sedentary world

This faggot is retarded. Squatting is way worse for your knees.

DL increases posterior chain strength, and the posterior chain is largely recruited during the back squat

what is there not to get?

would it be wrong to say you do not NEED deadlifts if looking for a purely aesthetic look?

>jelly dyel
>ripped dude that deadlifts

Hmm geeez I wonder which one you are

Probably both since he does both consistently you retard

>Has never googled "deadlift knee damage"

People complaining about their knees: buy a pair of SBD's or Rehbands or even just wrap them and you're good to go. I'm also a fan of the Inzer forerver lever belt.

I'm a big natty and don't do them.
90% of the huge roiders at my gym don't do them either

Dedication, nutrition, intensity, routine (and roids) is what matters in achieving your goal body

Whether or not you deadlift is irrelevant

My gym only has those stupid hex plates, my apartment fitness center's bar is bent and so I haven't been able to pull heavy...definitely lost at least 150 pounds since my 415lb pr single a couple years ago.

I live in a 3rd floor apartment so no homegym but I miss deadlifting so bad...wat do?

thats why I do shrugs, leg curls, ass extensions and back extensions

but I also deadlift, its by far my best exercise and I fucking love it. if not for shitty natty recovery I would do deadlifts all day long baby

>can't do deadlifts or squats because of back issues

help

is there anything wrong with doing deadlifts on carpet in my apartment? like will i break the floor?

enjoy your lack of posterior chain development faggot

I quit doing machine lat exercises in favor of deadlifts and rows. While my rate of gains hasn't changed one bit, I feel like amazing for 2-3 days after doing deadlifts. They really get testosterone flowing more than any qt ever could.

let's be honest here:

if you lower the weight down and set it down gently on each rep, your floor will be fine.

you won't be able to set the weight down gently unless you're doing less weight than you can actually deadlift.

just buy padding.

Could I train legs just by doing deadlifts?

I cant squat for shit

no
that's like asking if you can train your chest with only flat benching

deadlifting is great as an all around mass builder but too much volume of the lift to target something specific is gonna fuck with your CNS

if you really don't like squatting and wanna hit them quads then try trap bar deadlifts

it's super quad focused and is basically the same motion as deadlifting

>that's like asking if you can train your chest with only flat benching

You can though.

Thats what i thought thx

i dont diddly cuz my back cant stand it, and i really miss the fun of heavy deadlifts. but its not worth my health and def. not the gains i lose each time i snap my shit up. my form was great but broke down in the lift at some point, after the 4th time snapping my back up und taking a break 1-2 weeks i decided its the best to stop them.

if you're on the second floor then the joists really won't like the kind of floor loading 2pl8+ will be giving them

how old are you?

>can squat at any rep ranges but diddlys snap my shit up within a few weeks
pls help, i love diddlys and i dont want my squat to be higher than my diddly

maybe try split squats and front squat, worked way better for me when i couldnt backsquat for shit and had to substitute it

Do accessories for deadlift. Like Romanian deadlifts and stiff-legged deadlifts to improve the hamstrings.

If you use correct form deadlift shouldn't be lat dominant.

She's a nude model who looks like jailbait even though she's not. Think she goes by Erene or Katja/Katya.

Deadlifts = overrated as fuck

Literally nothing you can get out of them that you can't accomplish with other movements more effectively and with less risk. Nothing. Except for ego.

What day should I do deadlifts on? Back day or leg day?

I deadlift but I dont squat. Is there something wrong with that?

Any more of these type of pics to share, OP?

who she

I can put on my pants by myself every morning.

A do a lot of lifting and carrying stuff around at work, it's endurance work, not power, but I feel it fills the gap.
I certainly don't like working my lower back more than I already do.

I have only been lifting regularly for 1.66 years, and only 5 days for 4 months, though.
I may eventually start adding DLs if I feel my physique is lacking.

Honestly, though, who needs extra trap work? Those things grow FAST.

dl is my strongest and best lift and also my favorite.

That being said, this is true.

deadlift is a meme. It looks cool. And it feels awesome when you pull a hell of heavy weight off the floor. But soon or later, you will want to try to break a PR to brag on the internet, and that how bad things happen.

You need to train the back? -- rack pulls, rows and pull ups
Want traps? -- shrugs, facepulls and cable upright rows
Want lower back, core, hamstrings and calves? -- One leg deadlift ( much safer and more effective than traditional deadlift) and one arm farmer walk

who's this cum dump?

Injuries do happen you know.
I worked up to doing 285kg, was chasing 300kg. Injured my back. My squat never skyrocketed because of my deadlift too, conversely was the other way around (high bar squat, conventional DL)

But desu my hamstrings are overdeveloped, my traps are alright and my back is doing just fine.
I havent DL in 1.5 yrs, have squatted.
OHP trained my traps, so did rows and lateral raises (to a degree)
squats, powercleans, push press, sprints and leg curls trained my hamstrings just fine

Don't train my lower back anymore. Too scared.
This is ture

Fuck DL's
I'll stick to powercleans, clean and jerk, OHP, bench, deadlift, rows, pull ups, leg curls, sprints and upright rows.
But I have to admit, for a beginner they're great due to the core strength they develop, but once you get past that 4 plate barrier to a 200kg DL, you don't really need to keep going.
4 plates is nothing you can't achieve in 2 years...anything above 5 plates is starting to risk injury, especially if you compete at a lower weight and deadlift often.

Deadlifts are one of those exercises that is going to make you grow more in general because its a big compound lift that requires a lot of energy and releases a lot of hormones, like hill sprints.

rows, shrugs, and good mornings

I might have scoliosis, and I'm an idiot who can't do anything right.
I'm working on it though.

I used to be able to feel it in my glutes and hammies, but I haven't been able to for some reason.
Now one side of my lower and mid back is getting much more developed and I've no clue why, other than some shit happening with my spine and hips.

>>Bjj black belt at my gym went from incredibly athletic to nearly crippled after slipping a disc deadlifting 200kg

No thanks

Deadlifts never really built my traps. My traps started exploding when I started doing power cleans.

>slipped a disc deadlifting 200kg
>200kg

is this a fucking joke

The thing that ruined my knees was letting them cave in while squatting. Are you pulling sumo or conventional? I find that sumo hurts my knees because of the same issue.

you're a fucking idiot

No, my goal body needs me to deadlift.

Is there no way to get a new bar and a few plates at the fitness center? Otherwise go to a gym.

I have a history of lower back injuries myself (from long before I started lifting). At this point it's bad enough that even racking a 45lb plate can snap me up. So deadlifts are a no go.