Why did this physique go out of style?

Why did this physique go out of style?

that physique + more traps is a 10/10 body

Would this guy have that physique if he cut?

Asking for a friend.

Are they natty?

that's "too small" for modern freaks

What would be the go to approach to achieving this body, routine wise, diet. I am a 195 cm 100kg decently muscular man.

no

people stopped doing pullovers, stopped doing heavy curls and close grip bench, stopped light stiff leg deadlifts and heavy high rep squats, stopped doing heavy dumbbell presses and jerks, started doing more heavy deadlifts, pumping arms rather than trying to get strong in arm lifts, and started doing UL/PPL splits

savage

nothing ever went out of style but people started training legs, different drugs became available and cameras got better

They're too small

what should i do if i want to look like them?

do bench, btn press( shoulders permittiing, if not dumbbell press), close grip bench, barbell curls, squats front squats, barbell rows, stiff leg deadlifts.

they did 3x a week full body, starting with a press, then a back movement, then some arm work, then legs last (i.e. ohp or bench, barbell rows, bb curls/dips or close grip bench, front squats, stiff leg deadlifts/romanian deadlifts)

This, these fucks didn't buy into memes and just lifted heavy across the board

follow a sensible routine, but so the following as well / subsitute some things in:

1. Do heavy arm work like heavy curls and close grip presses
2. focus on deep breathing, do dumbbell pullovers and squats with deep deep breaths between reps
3. eat real whole foods

refer toim not saying these things have any merit, but these are the things they did

What's the benefits of close grip bench and stiff-leg deadlifts over their normal variations?

you could argue the time under tension with stiff leg deadlifts provides better muscular development, and close grip bench hits the triceps more. all i can say is that these are the things they did and thats how they look, so if u wanna look like them do those things

all that matters in this case is that they skipped legday too often, did test + dbol and that the cameras were black and white

jelly

Guy on the left is near-perfection, but out of fashion unfortunately.

This, they could have trained like people do today and still had just as good if not better physiques. The type of exercises you do for "better muscular development" only matters if you're on gear. Its going to take forever to see big changes for people not on gear

no but nice quads senpai

>Business used to be all about working hard and extra hours with manual labor for wealth.
>Now its just millennials with their endless scholarship and grants budgets for beta-males.
>Beta-males with 90k debt or whatever have degrees.
>Beta-Males doing all the jobs.
>Manual labor class jobs are being molested by economic imbalance.
>Beta-males have rediculous social-privilege.

You ARE the beta mate

Steroids wasnt a big thing then i suppose

Roids got in style

More legs and those guys guaranteed will slay 10 times more Pussy than any gymcel roidhead, roiders try to downplay their shitty genetics, face and height by big muscles.

IFBB turned bodybuilding into a "How much steroids you can take without dying" mixed in with "How pregnant you can look.

I heard they brought back classic body building this year

their legs look good bro, not everyone wants to be t-rex mode

>implying these guys have face

so like starting strength

w2c briefs fampai

i think this is what a barbell only and test-e only physique look like

more arm and upper body focus, less lowbar squatting more deep squatting

No but the roids they were using are far weaker than what we have today

Nope, you're fat and not jacked.

who is this succubus in the middle

>this is what Veeky Forumstards ACTUALLY believe

what the hell are you talking about?
also you can't spell for shit

No.
Bull testicles and early testosterone pills.

It's possible to get close to that though. But it's pretty damned tough.

When it was found that anyone dedicated enough or had access to a small amount of steroids could achieve that on their own without magazines pills special supplements.

And the steroids and knowledge of drugs got better.

These are D-bol guys.

HGH makes the modern hambeasts.

No. Not enough muscle, bones too short, hips too wide. Keep liftin tho youre on your way

Wasn't no traps a thing at that time? As traps makes your shoulders look more round (i.e., not square as they look in the photo)?

Not really. Most BBers at that time had fairly developed traps (in large part because there was much less separation between bodybuilding and weightlifting - lotta people competing in both, to the point that some bodybuilding competitions had a strength performance side of the contest).

The traps look small largely because of the angle and pose. They're not as pronounced as on modern BBers but none of their muscles are.

this physique never went out of style. Guy on the left has the perfect male body. If you mean in bodybuilding, you can thank insulin, hgh, Joe weider, and Dorian Yates

>those thick as fuck necks
how