Is cheat day a meme? I've been on a cut for two weeks straight and I'm fucking craving a double double...

Is cheat day a meme? I've been on a cut for two weeks straight and I'm fucking craving a double double. Some dude told me its bad because it fucks up your metabolism but another guy told me its good because it tricks your body or some shit. Can anyone actually tell me if I should do a cheat day or not? No memes just real facts please.

It's a lazy day u use to reward yourself

Like a rest day

Dumb cunt

carb refeed at maintenance once a week.

/thread

Some people want a day off to keep themselves motivated. It doesn't fuck up anything unless you go overboard and ruin a week's cut.

One cheeseburger isnt going to ruin your entire week. You'll feel bad afterwards but be ready to work hard the next day.

No, not a meme. But mostly only useful if cutting calories a lot or cutting carbs a lot. If your'e not doing a drastic cut, better off not cheating if it'll derail your long-term progress.

>Currently eating 1500cal

Ate a whole Little Ceasers pizza yesterday and felt great. Not much change when weighed myself this morning but mostly keep my carbs under 50g though so maybe that's why?

It shocks your metabolism, when you eat clean for a week or two it slows down, the cheat meal speeds it up, but do one meal not a whole day.
I read Batista, the WWE wrestlers book, he said he did cheat meals every 2-3 weeks, but he hated them because he ate so clean he'd get a horrible stomach ache after the cheat meal but he knew his body needed it.

cheat meal not day.

like the other guy said you only do it if you're cutting aggressively

i.e. 1k deficit

not for your 200 calorie deficit.

at most your calories should be at maintenance, not exceed it.

gotta confuse the stomach, right babe? ...babe?

if you're at in-n-out, order your burger "protein style", it's a life saver if you're on keto

Cheat days(MAINTENANCE NOT FUCKING STUFFING YOUR FAT FACE) helps out mentally assuming you eat clean for 2 weeks straight.

90% of the retards(mostly iifym fuckwits) dont deserve a cheat day tho

Cheat days aren't a meme.

1 day a month where you just go crazy let's me stay sane, and I still lose weight since it's just one day.

This month I'm making General Tso's.

>just got out of boot camp, in military A school
>spent the first two weeks binging on junk food
>vending machine down the hall from my room was the biggest killer for me
>thought I was getting back on track, was counting calories as well as I could at the galley, lifting every other day
>today
>got a little bitchsad because I have no friends here
>back to the vending machine I go
>probably ate 3 or 4k calories MINIMUM in total today
>a big cheeseburger + whey + junk food from vending machine
>my current recomp/small deficit cut calorie limit is 2.5k

I lost 200lbs to join the fucking military. I thought I was done with this kinda shit.

I'm never going to have a healthy relationship with food, am I Veeky Forums?

The ride never ends, does it?

Nah
You'll be fine devil dog

All this broscience that came along with the /pol/cuck invasion is pretty bad for this board.

I haven't seen any proof that it fucks your diet up if you do it like once a week. Heck, it helps out a lot of people mentally so it might be a good thing.

I'm cutting at 1800 calories. TDEE is ~2600.

My cheat days are me eating at 2600.

Kudos for dropping 200 lbs.

I BARELY passed Navy boot camp...good guess tho.

I just want to be beautiful already, Veeky Forums. I'm so close yet so fucking far.

>tfw have to get through A school, then get to my first command, before they'll let me get loose skin surgery
>meaning I have to wait until next year, MINIMUM
>and if I get stationed on a ship that's deploying or already deployed, well then tough shit I have to wait until I have a window of shore time

I'm joining the Navy as well. I'll be heading to boot in November.

I'm trying my hardest to lose weight. I only have between 5 and 15 lbs left to go. 5 to make my recruiter happy, 15 to make myself happy.

150 is my goal. Trying keto out, so far I've lost some decent weight. But I miss carbs.

Man I fucking wish I was 165lbs. Sitting at 200lbs right now. I have SLIGHTLY more muscle mass than most of the guys here...but it's all SS t-rex mode gainz and most of my remaining fat is on my stomach so I feel just as fat as ever, And it doesn't help that I spend all day err day on a military base, if I was walking around with normies I might actually feel good about myself.

Or not, because body dysmorphia.

Anyways, have fun in boot camp, brew. It's not fucking hard. If some fat fuck like me could do it, you can. What's your prospective r8, m8?

BARELY? it wasn't even hard you pussy. I bet you got those fucking tablets too.

AECF, hoping to get ET. FC wouldn't be terrible, either.

Are there gyms available at A school? How's the food at the galley? Is it easy to eat healthy?

Lane get back to being a nuke homo

Yes.

Getting yelled at and all the boot camp shit was an easy day, I had no fucking problem from day one.

My problem was the PFA. I can run and PT just fucking fine, no problem, easy day. It's the situps and pushups that kill me though...not only am I a fat fuck, my core is also super weak from having terrible hunched-over fat person posture my entire life.

I'm back in the gym now tho, and thanks to some recomp done in boot camp, can actually do squats and shit with decent form. So I'm working on fixing that core weakness now.

TL;DR, fuck you you don't know me

>tablets

u wot?

In school ET, drop that shit for STG
Being in GLakes is like waking up and finding out you have chlamydia every day for the first time

Haha oh my god lane this is totally you how have you been buddy

I heard from a guy in IT "A" school that FC is real hard....he might just be an idiot though. Either way, good luck.

Yeah, there's a gym on my base. Probably at Great Lakes A school, too.

>Hows the food at the galley?

Decent. It's cafeteria food. Boot Camp food is worse than A school food but it's still decent.....I was kinda surprised when people in my division were asking if food was that bad on a ship.

My RDCs laughed at their dumb asses.

>is it easy to eat healthy

Depends on what you count as healthy...they have decent food choices, but counting calories is hard. Everything at the galley has a "calorie count", but it's not like they weigh that shit out, so you're basically guessing how much you're eating. It sucks for a fatty like me trying to lose weight.

Nah senpai, this is St John.

Sonar tech? I mean, what's wrong with ET aside from staying in great Lakes for a billion years?

Great Lakes makes you March to school and leaves you at the mercy of your barracks for when Liberty drops and the NMTIs treat you like a child because it's a training command. And, if you become an FC you have no good shore duty options and there's currently ~100 graduated FCs waiting to get orders that usually leave them here on holds for 6 months after grad before C school. It's also really expensive to live here bc you can't have a car on base and there's nothing to do here but schwasted at SAMs. School isn't hard and will be the best part of your day during the week because NMTIs make living in the barracks walking on eggshells at times. Today I had a chief sitting behind me for 3 hours because he thought I was a shitty watch stander for not making someone come to a full stop and attention in civvies to salute aboard. These people are retarded.

>tfw cutting at 1500 for the past eight weeks

I have only had one day where I went semi-retard and was definitely in a couple thousand calorie surplus. I've had like six days of eating under my calories but not hitting my protein goal for the day though.

In deficits are we talking weekly or daily?

Boot camp food was better than the shite they serve at NNPTC galley desu

Great Lakes sounds like cancer, do you guys get overnight liberty?

>Military with junk food around every corner
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're in the USA

why American men love wearing these things? In my country, only women wear them.

I know exactly what you mean, mate. Just when you believe you have a transcendental/meta understanding of your habitus, complexes and circuitous behaviour regarding food, you find yourself in an autonomous feeding frenzy, which is such a depravity against reason, given everything your have come to learn, that you doubt your own sanity.

>When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
>Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
>Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
>Do you, don't you want me to love you?
>I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
>Tell me, tell me, tell me, come on tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

I try to avoid any cheat meals because if I do cheat it'll just make my cravings worse.

something about your leptin when you've been cutting for a long ass time

I'm only starting monthly cheat meals after I reach my desired cutting weight and only because I'll be lifting and will need a refeed day.

Just fucking stop.

Compensate or budget for it.

If I want to eat a whole pizza to myself I'll eat clean for the week before and make a bigger deficit than usual.

Calorie saving/loans.

Make sure to make your macros, though.

Yeah but it's really wonky and retarded. There's no offbase unaccompanied lib which gets super fucking old after about 2 months of a 6 month school

the guy who said tricks your body is an absolute fucking retard

just like this guy

>cut at ~1800 cals for the week
>fuck it up by pigging out during the weekend
I'm so weak

cheat days are a meme as most people overdo it and think they can just eat whatever the fuck they want. if you want a burger just eat one from time but forget about this whole cheat days nonsense

I might have a cheat meal once a month at most. Usually only on holidays.