I normally run everyday for 4 miles and used to swim everyday too, but never any resistance exercise...

I normally run everyday for 4 miles and used to swim everyday too, but never any resistance exercise. I went to the docctor today and he said I am underweight, I am 110 lbs and 5'6'' and 18 years of age. To bulk up, should I start lifting weights immediatley or so I gain weight by eating a shit ton for a week and then starting the weights? Also I cannot go to a gym but I have dumbbells that go from 2.5 (bare bar) to 40 lbs (all weights on) each. What exercises can I do with only dumbbells for my legs? Will squats work for my legs? I already know how to work with my arms and dumbbells, I'm not that retarded, only want to bulk up so ppl dont see me as the skinny nerdy brown kid anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're not getting anywhere with 40 lbs dumbbells.

Figure out how to get to a real gym or invest in a home gym.

Feel free to ignore the guaranteed replies of bodyweight idiots. You COULD do it, but you'll still be that DYEL kid for the next 6-8 years.

Also, it would be dumb as shit to just eat and do nothing. I don't think you understand what bulking is.

You don't convert fat to muscle, i.e. build up fat stores then magically turn them into muscle. Bulking means you are building muscle instead of fat (as much as possible; you will build a little fat along with muscle even in the best natty scenarios).

>You're not getting anywhere with 40 lbs dumbbells.

I am starting uni at end of august, I can use the gym there. But until then I need something to do and all I have are the barbells until August 22nd. So I still need to figure out what I can do with them, and I am so weak strength wise that they probably can help a little bit so I won't go to the uni gym and look like a fool lifting the bare bar.

Also, how important are spotters during benching? I am autismo so I have few friends and have hard time talking to random ppl asking them to spot, so will I be fine without one? I dont want to get injured but dont want ppl to laugh at me either.

look up:
>Hypertrophy
>Progressive Overload
then read sticky

40lbs still isn't much for resistance exercising especially if you want to manipulate power lifts with dumbbells.
I'd wager that you'd plateau on those bells as soon as you jump around 30lbs in weight.

But what are you really asking OP? Are you wondering if you should eat a lot more to just put on mass and not be skelly mode or are you trying to build lean mass on your body and wondering if you can accomplish that goal with that set amount of weight?

Preferably I want lean mass but even with that I'll become less skelly than I am now and just look "normal size" instead of instantly being labeled as "skinny guy"

Also when the dumbbells have the full 40 lbs on them I cannot lift them and have to roll them around so it'llbe a while until i can use them.

W-what uni OP?

personally don't have the time, room, or money to invest in home/sub gyms

so what do then?

Make the time. Find the space. Acquire the funding/get a gym membership. It's that simple. You just have to make it happen one way or the other m8.

Like this user said : You're going to plateau super quick.

If you're going to a university in August, who cares? Just have fun with your summer dude. You can worry about gains in the fall. You're not going to become swole in a couple weeks.

>Also, how important are spotters during benching?
With dumbbells? Absolutely not important in the slightest. You just drop the dumbbells. Even if you were using a barbell and only benching 80 lbs, still unimportant. You can just do a situp no problem at that weight.

If you mean benching higher weights as you progress at your school, here's a little tip: people in the freeweight section are a lot friendlier than you think and they look. The whole gymtimidation thing is a lie made up by retards blaming their own insecurities on others.

The big guys are usually pretty fucking nice and willing to spot or lend some advice. Most people in the freeweight section will remember being where you are now.

>work 2 jobs
>make time

lol it'd be fine if I had more room, but sadly I do not.

When I get a better place, what machines should I go for first?

>You're not going to become swole in a couple weeks.

No, but i want to at least make a few gains so that I'm not benching the bare bar at uni. Like I said earlier I cannot even lift up a single 40 lbs barbell, at best I drag it across the floor (which would damage it) or i just roll it around because I'm a weak fuck. My arms are literally noodles and I dont want to stay like that, but starting out will be really rough unless I start with the dumbbells. In fact in middle school PE class we did some lifting, and my max was literally the bare bar, it freaking sucked ass.

Honest I feel like the essentials for a home gym is just a multi purpose squat rack with a bench and some adjustable dumbbells. With those things you can pretty much accomplish any lift I believe.

Look OP, I'd just recommend doing body weight training for the two weeks before you start uni. At the very least that will help you build a little more strength as you get more and more into lifting. Body weight exercises are easy, free, and you can do them anywhere. Master moving your own body around as a resistor before fuckin around with weights that you can't even lift.
I hope you understand that this is not a quick process. It will take time, effort, frustration, and acceptance to keep moving a little bit closer to your goals. Post again when you can rep 135lbs. Hope to see your progress.

If you're that untrained, then feel free to bench with dumbbells. Shit, even push-ups will be great for you. Just make sure you remember to eat. I think this is your biggest problem. You burn a shit ton of calories as a runner, and now you need to support muscle growth as well.

Here user

>scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

You can make some decent gains with 40 lbs dumbbells, just focus on forms and keep it in the 8-12 range.

If you come from auschwitz mode you'll make insane gains no matter what if you bulk hard enough, just follow the routine of pic related in your post.

Ok I'll just do whatever I can with the dumbbells and add in push ups and planks and squats 'n shit. But if I continue my running, will it harm my muscular growth and reverse my gains or will it just mean I'll have to eat more to recover lost calories so I can bulk up?

4 miles a day is nothing. I do that while benching 315 and deadlifting 505. Welcome to lifting as a Soldier.

Figure out whatever you're burning, and eat more than that. Sleep enough. Problem solved. This is spoon-fed in the sticky.

As for 2 jobs, school, blah blah blah: you can't have it all. You have to compromise and prioritize. Your body and mind are the only things you will have your entire life, and you only get one of each. Make the time and resources to take care of yourself...or don't. We don't really care. But either way, you don't have the right to bitch about it.

I'll need a current body pic

Here, it's me. Also I'm flexing my arms in pic

Oops forgot to attach pic

You're not dangerously underweight, you just have the body of someone that isn't very athletically active.

If you don't want to gym, take up a physically intense sport as a hobby. Football, rugby, climbing...you've get fitter and fill out some (but never get big)

If you are really that Jelly, just start with the Machine.

If you can't lift, just do front raises, rows and deadlifts (If you can't lift, lift one)?

Then move on to Chest/shoulder press then curls if you are strong enough.

Push-ups, pull-ups and planks are your friend

I'm 5'6'' and 115 lbs, so I'm borderline underweight but not really at an optimal range. However, I want to become more muscular or at least more fit. I guess I'll add some pushups planks and dumbbells to my runs.

BE A GERM STOPPER

Drink a carton of milk after each run
Eat more red meat and less carbs.
The Gains will come in maybe a few months
>Never roid

Fucking around gets you fucking nowhere. Get on a program. Something with periodization and progressive overload. Stop being obtuse and read the sticky. If you can't make that level of effort, all you're gonna do is waste your time just like you're wasting ours.