I'm stalling on the press at 32.5kg. I've been doing SS for 3 weeks and all my other lifts are going up

I'm stalling on the press at 32.5kg. I've been doing SS for 3 weeks and all my other lifts are going up.

What does Rip say when you keep stalling on a lift but all your other ones are going up?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions
youtube.com/watch?v=2sgpH6Ys53A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here you go chief.

startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions

wow nice, theres a starting strength app

Yup.

There are an absurd number of resources for the SS community. Where are you from?

Awwstraylia

Binch, didlift, skwot.

32.5kg is low-ass weight to stall on even as a begginer.

My money is on you having a very bad tehcnique.

Even guys with bad technique will continue to make progress if they're eating enough, resting long enough between sets, and taking small enough jumps.

Shit, that was a useful read (although I'm doing GSLP). Thanks user.

No problem. Rip posts stuff like that all of the time. Check out the forum and some of the articles. They're all dynamite.

Reading this now and this struck as me fucking crazy

>Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day,

YOU FUCKING WHAT MATE?

Take it for what it is dude. He doesn't write everything perfectly. I'm assuming he means the SS program which is true for all but the obese. If you're doing SS and you're not eating a fuck ton, you will stall pretty quickly.

I have a client right now (130lb woman) that is eating 2700 calories a day and she's murdering the linear progression.

Sigh... Guess its time to up the caloric intake then

8 SCOOPS C'MON

I read that in an Afrikaaner accent more than an Ozzy one kekaroo

>tfw reading that after I went form 67.5kg to 71.5kg (178cm) in a month eating 2500 so i dropped it down to 2300 at

C'MON. LETS GET BIG. C'MON.

I love this video from Rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=2sgpH6Ys53A

Is that because you're dutch, you oppressor?

t. supermong

Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day
How can anyone fucking believe this clown .
If you do shit like SS 4000 calories a day is going to transform anyone into a fucking hambeast .

Same started bulking at 63 kg at 2600 and not even two week later i'm already at 64.5 kg and i'm kinda worried , at 4000 I would already be 70 + , thanks rippletits .

No I am Scottish

op' photo is Zach Events, he started out as a skelly lanklet and Rippetoe made him out stronger than 99% of Veeky Forums, this is him after cutting, you can look at videos of him on YouTube.

*Zach Evetts

gained 0,4kg / 0,9lbs per week on 3200 calories even with creatine, so maybe 4000 is a bit too much

Look. If you don't want to be stronger with only a modest increase in fat, then by all means don't do SS. Remain weak.

Still looks like shit

>stronger than Veeky Forums
>looks dyel

hmm I wonder which one is better
Get 3x stronger and gain Z amount of fat .
Get 3.2x stronger and gain 6xZ amount of fat .

>squatting 3 days a week
People who do SS must be retarded

Obviously the first one, but that's a complete straw man. If you get 3.2x stronger and gain 6x as much fat as if you had only gotten 3x as strong, you bulked/programmed like a retard.

i never saw any photos of him besides those provided by rippletits. My guess is that he never recovered from doing gomad and quit lifting and fitness

Search his name on YouTube.
He increased his squat by 200lb in less than six months.

Is that relevant?
He still increased his squat and metric fuck ton and went from skelly mode to bear mode in 6 months.

this guy i never heard of before last week
and I have to say he seems impressive progress
who cares about aesthetics? if you want to look good, dress well. Toning and cutting is accessorising.
But this guy can lift a decent amount of weight, and doesn't look like steroids or super-bulky (unless that's what you're going for. in which case, go for it) and honestly, he can lift more than me, and most people I know.
Somewhat impressive fitness.
Maybe he isn't no awnold schwarznegger, but who is? this guy don't even take steroids.
I for one, commend his progress and ability, and hope to achieve something similar.
I WANT to fit in my clothes. I don't want my muscles to interfere with my mobility by being so big that they struggle to move against eachother.
I don't want my muscles to be so tight that I am constantly hunched over.
I just want to lift and increase my strength and stability, Like this guy.
And after that I wouldn't mind toning up, but honestly, it's secondary

What's the point of squating lots of weight if you are going to look like shit and your aren't a powerlifter. You aren't competing, you aren't doing anything with it. Sounds completely pointless

>I'm stalling on the press at 32.5kg

jesus christ I weigh like half your weight and I press 30 kg after 3 weeks already, whats wrong with you?

>Search his name on YouTube.
nothing pops up besides old rippetoe footage

Thats pure bullshit, Rippeltits never weighed less than 100 kg, he knows nothing about skeletons.

>just rest for 7-8 minutes if you feel like you are not fully recovered

the people at my gym are going to kill me

... what am i saying, they're only using the cable machines anyway.

No one will give you shit for resting for 5+ minutes. If they do, get a new gym.

Even if it means nothing.
It shows that the program does indeed work for novice people that want to increase their strength.

I hope people take this in considertaion the next time they they reccomend SS for a guy who wants to look good.
You tards convince people they need 4 years of strength training before starting to look good

People here are retarded, they rate a strength program by its aesthetic results.

It's like asking how much did you increase your snatch on a brosplits, it doesn't make any fucking sense.
Starting strength, if done by the book, will take a weak skelly and make him pretty strong by normie standards, Zach Evetts is a prime example, he started from barely being able to squat 1pl8 to squatting 315 for reps like I warm up with the bar.

I like most of what Rip says, but some of this is absurd:
1) 4000-6000 calories a day is completely retarded. If you want to look like Zach, go ahead, but for the rest of us, it's much better to do a 500 calorie surplus.
2) Resting 7-8 minutes between sets is too much, you'll be way longer in the gym than you should be and you'll have no conditioning. I can understand it for deadlifts and maybe squats, but upper body lifts should be 5 minutes of rest max. Personally I do 2-3 minutes on the upper body and 4-5 on the lower with no problems, and I'm very close to the intermediate stage.

What the fuck, do I really have to up my calories that much?

I don't know who to believe on the topic of surplus calories while bulking anymore. Here I am eating 300-400 above maintenance and gaining like .5 lb a week.

Post lifts
If you're only close to intermediate on those strength charts then no wonder you still take short rests. Being intermediate means you can no longer linearly add weight to the bar. How strong you are compared to some chart doesn't matter.