Hoe does Veeky Forums cook their chicken?

Hoe does Veeky Forums cook their chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891
youtube.com/watch?v=z3pgSovV-JY
jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutrition/healthiest-cooking-oil-chart-smoke-points
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in a pan or in the oven, a tiny bit of olive or coconut oil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika powder

I just buy it ready-made senpai.

cut them up into cutlets
lay them out on a non-stick skillet
sprinkle creole seasoning
medium-high for four minutes
flip
sprinkle creole seasoning
medium-high for four minutes
flip
turn off stove
wait one minute

brine and bake. different herb and spice mixtures in the brine changes the chicken completely.

Anyone ever tried cooking like this?

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891

The chicken looks dry as shit when fatty cuts it though

I bake it with whatever Flavor God seasoning I want to have that day sprinkled on both sides. I rarely pan fry chicken.

I grab one from the yard, break it's hands with my bare neck and eat it raw, feathers and all.

What kind of brine you use desu

this. My chicken consumption has skyrocketed now that I don't have to cook or defrost them.

Fry the stuff until golden and then add vegetables and fry those too, hard to fuck it up.

Add water/stock and tomato paste to make a sauce if you want. Hard to fuck that up either.

medium rare

I make the breasts thinner then cover them in seasoning and cook in the george foreman

bryne, beat with a tenderizer hammer, fry or bake, add tomato sauce and spices to make a boot leg chicken parm.

make a brine with marjoram, caraway seed, allspice, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a little nutmeg. brine the chicken breasts for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Grill or bake. Shred the chicken.

Make a packet of sliced onions in aluminum foil, add a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, caraway seeds and celery seeds. Close the packet and put it on the grill or in the oven with the chicken.

Put the shredded chicken and onions on a bun with some mustard. Chicken "bratwursts".

Don't worry user, I kekd.

Dead

see
I do 1 ounce of salt to 2 cups of water, but you can do less depending on your sodium needs. Less salt means less flavor imparted too though, so keep that in mind. How long you keep chicken in the brine effects the salt levels too.

Here are some of my go to brines:
*For salads, wraps, etc:
-Lemon zest, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, paprika, chopped onion (or onion powder) and chopped garlic (or garlic powder)
*For fried chicken:
-Oregano, chili powder, sage, basil, marjoram, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, bay leaf (I basically ripped off the colonel)
*Mexican style:
-Cumin, pepper, chili powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, onion powder, garlic powder, lime zest

>coconut oil
enjoy your're're le cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=z3pgSovV-JY

This. Or I sometimes do this then pour a can of diced tomatoes on top and then plop it in the oven with some cheese for some easy Parma.

Whole breast braised then pulled. Save the bones for stock.

Y-you too

I finely mince 250g of chicken Breast. Then finely chop Thai chili and 4 5 garlic things, after that I'll cut line leaves into thin strips and fry them in a little bit of oil/butter until they're crispy. Then I'll add the chili and garlic and curry paste and cook until the curry pasted is liquidy and gives off a spicy aroma. After that I'll add the minced chicken, searing the paste and flavor a into the meat at high heat. In goes pepper, preferably Fresh pepper but dry works too. Then I'll add a bit of water to loosen it up. I'll fry it until all the water has evaporated and it's quiet dry. It's a Thai dish called klua King and it's dope as fuck with any kind of rice.

>lime leaves

There are two types of good chicken

>fried
>brined and baked

all else is dry and awful and not good

1. cut chicken into bit size
2. Prepare sauce in a bowl
-- Miso paste (2 spoon)
---sake (1 spoon)
---mirin (1 spoon)
3. Stick chicken in bowl and get sauce all over the chicken
4. stick in fridge for 30 minutes minimum (longer is better)
5. Cook w/ cover on low heat for 8 minutes, open and mix as necessary to prevent burning
7. Enjoy soft, tasty chicken meat with rice or just by itself

Pat chicken breast dry, cover in spices, brown each side on high temprature for 1 minute or less in a pan, then cook it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

If I am lazy I just chop it up and cook it on a pan with spices.

Writing this on phone so it's shit. But I left out that you need to add salt or fish sauce taste.

Chicken should never be dry, no matter how you cook it.

Most people overcook chicken because they think pink flesh/juices = undercooked, which is a myth. Chicken is cooked when it reaches 165F/75C, that simple.

Paprika, pepper, garlic and onion powder, salt and oregano on chicken. Lard and olive oil on pan. Fry til done

>Still choosing chicken over delicious steak

Unseasoned on a foreman grill.
Cook till it's searing the outside then cut horizontally and continue till it has a golden outside.

along with my head in the oven

I am so fucking sick of chicken . I know I'm not alone

Grill

My fucking nigger.
It's so easy and it cooks it perfectly. Don't need oil or anything but it comes out juicy.

Chicken sashimi for the best gains,
anything else is completely pointless.

I like my chicken like I like my pepes

I buy pre brined and marinated from the butcher and just bake it in the oven.
If I make it myself I just butterfly it and cook it in a buttered pan, 4 minutes each side

You should season them before you put them in the pan, user.

Source or stfu. You lying fuck.

>brb cooking with linseed oil, much healthier hurr durr

by adding 2 (two) scoops

>ctrl + f crockpot
>no results

come on now
slow cooking is ridiculously low-effort and keeps your shit from drying out.

coconut oil has a higher smoke point making it much safer and less carcinogenic than olive oil though less so than butter.

The opposite is true. coconut oil has a higher smoke point making it less carcinogenic, other oils most especially virgin olive oil are the most carcinogenic especially at high heats.

George Forman for about 3-5 mins.

No flip needed but I do anyway.

Goat.

pic unrelated just funny

Pan or oven, with some garlic and other spices.
I don't do anything fancy to it.

I've got a TFal grill, like a fancy George Foreman. I season my chicken and grill it up. I barely have to do anything.

Of course it's dry as shit she's cooking to to 170F internal

Fucking americans

Slap it in the oven, cook at 450 for 20 minutes

Makes nice juicy chicken even when reheated

Then why does coconut oil smoke like a mad cunt when I heat some up in a pan over a medium flame whereas olive oil just sits there?

I cook 14 portions of chicken cacciatore every Sunday then i eat it for lunch and dinner everyday with rice (should be pasta but i don't want that wheat bloat).

I used to eat Veeky Forums chili instead, but then i tasted this shit in a restaurant.

Crockpot with salsa. Tear that shit apart and stick it in wraps with hummus and spinach.

sounds bomb as fuck my nigga. Never thought of serving it with hummus, but I may have to go try that.
>salsa + taco seasoning
>Trader Joe's black bean soup
recently:
>olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, curry powder, cayenne, turmeric
Makes a kind of shawarma/curry thing. Goes well with yogurt sauces and rice.

sounds boring as fuck

>Broth and tomato paste to make sauce
>No seasoning

Your life sounds boring as fuck

I only started cooking a couple months ago. Right now my skinless chicken breast is really bland because I use basically nothing. I just toss it in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes some butter on top and some between the tray and the chicken. Cooks well, and I've often been eating it with cheese tortellini. Just realized yesterday I've been eating 3.5 servings of tortellini at a time. Feels good.

I'll start using spices n shit soon enough.

That looks goat senpai

I imagine you are using refined olive oil which doesn't smoke at higher temperatures. Likewise there are different grades of Coconut oil. Personally I use coconut butter which is solid at room temperature it never smokes even on the highest heat my kitchen produces.

Add pepper and salt

I sometimes do this too but precooked shit gets expensive fast.
I don't mind spending time cooking but when I'm busy/lazy I'll spend the extra $$ for the precooked stuff.

i usually take like 3kg of chicken breasts and just season it with some salt and pepper then put it all in the bbq at the same time. it takes like 15 minutes tops and you dont even have to do any cleaning and shit afterwards either.

coconut oil is saturated fat and olive oil is monounsaturated. I prefer not to add too much saturated fats to my diet

Can you post a recipe?

>I imagine you are using refined olive oil
says EVOO on the bottle. Coconut oil says "virgin."

Fair enough, though saturated fats get a worse rep than they deserve especial as they a lot safer for cooking at high temp.

Extra virgin olive oil that doesn't smoke at all at high temp? Calling bs that shits smoke point is just 160c.

I don't know about "high temps", but I set my burner on "4", pour some EVOO in, no smoke. Set my burner on "4", break off a chunk of TJ's coconut oil, and it's like a goddamn fog machine.

It actually evaporates so quickly that I can barely cook with it.

jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutrition/healthiest-cooking-oil-chart-smoke-points

Are carcinogens introduced pre-smoke because this chart goes directly against what you're claiming

I go back and forth between boneless skinless breasts and thighs. When I've had enough of one I go to the other. You just can't fucking beat $2.20/lb. Literally cheaper than whey.

Can't wait to get out of college and get a job and be able to afford better meats.

>turn off stove

critical step thanks for not leaving that one out.

Look it up senpai loads of good recipes online that are probs better then mine

Its pretty much this (You need a huge stock pot to cook it)

>heat up pan
>add two 250g blocks on grass fed butter
>drain and add three 350g (drained) jars of olives, i like two jars of black and one jar of green
>while the olives and the butter are simmering chop up 2.5kg of chicken breast
>add the chicken
>while the chicken is browning chop up your veg, i put in ten bell peppers and 1kg of carrots
>add veg
>add a very generous amount of sage, rosemary, parsley and black pepper
>add low sodium salt to taste (potassium gains)
>add 8 cans of tinned tomatoes (or a equivalent amount of passata if you prefer)
>let it cook for 2 hours and then box it all up

You should add onions and garlic, i don't because they make my breath and sweat smell.

Also you should add Prosciutto and wild mushrooms, i don't because i am a poor student fag

it well depend on your ingredients, brands and how much rice or pasta you have it with but mine comes out to 1400 calories a serving and boat loads of protons

I pay a mexican lady to bring me food everyday at certain hours

Noob question, how much chicken do you eat per meal? Assuming 2 chicken meals per day. ( lunch ,dinner )

Depends.
I get skinless boneless tenderloins which are 120 fucking calories for two if them. I could eat 30 of the fuckers in a day if I was so inclined and still lose 2lbs a week.

You got a link to a good recipe for that?

I cut it into strips and make fajitas

Smother it in barbecue sauce, chilli flakes and chilli powder
Bake it then broil it

I do them medium-rare most of the time.

Just tastes the best by far, go try it!

I put my frozen boneless skinless breasts in a ziplock bag and thaw them by submerging them in cold water and using the water pressure to remove air from the bag. Then after they thaw I up the water temperature, then drain then up the temperature again. All from the tap, ghetto mode sous vide.

I put salt on it, then I eat it. Cutting is easy.

Well the packaged breasts generally come as two breast pieces and seem to be about 1 pound together. If I were just eating chicken then knocking back the whole pound in one meal would be not too hard, but I'm hopefully having some pasta, salad, or whatever as well. So I like to try to eat at least 3/4 the package in one meal. That's about 3/4 pound.

Marinate in yoghurt with garlic and whatever I can dig out from our spice cupboard.

Then cook it on the pan, served with a wok and champignon and a gallon of milk.

Steakhouse seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, add olive oil if I grill it on the stove top, but I usually use my George Foreman grill because it's easier.

Crock pot. It makes the sooooo fucking tender. Yall don't even KNOW.

you almost got me, i almost replied to this bait. i guess you could call this a reply, i cant believe i was baited

What foreman grill do you guys have? I bought a cheapo one for $30 and use it pretty much every day but wondering if I should shell out more for bigger/better.

hey Veeky Forums just bought an airfryer what should I cook?

There's not much complexity to a foreman grill so the question you need to ask yourself is does your current large enough for what you need?

Roasted then fried.
Sometimes in fried tacos
I usually take them fried, with pasta and avocado, all in a bowl. I try to swipe all the oil out of the pieces.

It's so fucking tasty.

>forced to flee germany to escape criminal charges
>live in china as english teacher
>its an art to fry meat without making a crust here

disgusting desu

Like this.

I eat the superior protein: [spoiler]salmon[/spoiler]

boiled and shredded

then i make rice from the stock

put that shit together, add sauce

bam

cooking this now