Sub Saharan Africa thread

ITT we discuss history, cultures, religions, etc from Sub Saharan Africa. Anything ancient or up to the 25 years rule is welcome

Also any resources on Africa will be very appreciated

Pic related, a Dogon girl

Other urls found in this thread:

unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/general-history-of-africa/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_to_Abyssinia
youtube.com/watch?v=PtPBp2uTw1M
youtube.com/watch?v=6nk6unETSaw
youtu.be/3DZD-YOQ-DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R8Hr3uZECqo
cabinda.net/The-Cuban-Intervention-in-Angola.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This won't end up a massive shit show. Let's just get this out of the way,

Don't worry I'll save this thread

Yeah no fuck off. I'm not a /pol/tard, I'm opening an actual african thread for those who want to participate

okay for real time to save this thread, below is where you can find a very comprehensive UN sponsored history of africa

>unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/general-history-of-africa/

I have a pet theory that the Dogon and the Mande are related somehow. Dogon mythology is VERY similar to Mande mythology it’s weird.

>Primordial sound creates universe
>Primordial twin devastates the cosmic order before being subdued by elemental spirits of wind, fire, earth, and most importantly water
>Twin spirit is transformed into a Fox or Jackal and most humans are spiritually separated from their twins

How about you fuck off. There is nothing that would suggest any racist undertones in OP's message.

Thanks

Yeah and I'm saying that /pol/tards will inevitably come here to bait people like you

Mistake, meant for

If /pol/tards (or wewuzers or anything for that case) raid the thread then just do the right thing and report them. Don't feed the trolls, simple.

There's nothing impeding us to have actual discussion ITT

I wonder if Islam would have gotten as far if the Askumites hadn't given them refuge early on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_to_Abyssinia

> most humans are spiritually separated from their twins
Do they also have the idea of the placenta as the twin of the baby? I know that other african cultures have it

this

Resisting the urge to shitpost
Here's a bump, I'm curious

ethiopians are literally the anglo-saxons of africa why they're so tolerant of nilotics and bantus but hate arabs idk

also mali was cool, just extremely overrated

OP here. Thanks

I state it again just in case for anybody coming here. I am NOT doing subtle bait or anything, I'm genuinely curious about african stuff

Thank you, nice stuff there

I mean, if the shitpost is at least related (ie Hutu vs Tutsi stuff) it's Ok I guess. Just keep the cancerigenous trolling away

Unrelated question maybe but can Haiti be some sort of "African colony in the New World" or their base culture is actually Western? I mean they speak french but it seems that vodun and other particular african culture stuff form part of the daily life there.

>inb4 africa isn't an homogeneous place
Yes, I know it, I mean as a melting pot of africans like USA or Singapore are to Western and Asian cultures

Why does it seems like all 60s~80s african countries were ruled by men in military clothing with moustaches and glasses.

They aren't Niger Congo, they are barely in there

Slavery tends to do that.

It was the style of the time

youtube.com/watch?v=PtPBp2uTw1M

HA! HA! Time to fap!

I've read somewhere that bras actually damage women's breasts and the reason why those women have those firm tits is precisely because they don't wear them

It's a Creole society with strong African input not an African society.

The documentaries of Angelo e Alfredo Castiglioni are a real eye opener or red pill to just how far from our perception of of ethics and morality the world can be. I found out about them last week. Some of the information in it may be inaccurate or outdated.

Warning Graphic Content
youtube.com/watch?v=6nk6unETSaw
youtu.be/3DZD-YOQ-DQ

>big chocolate titties

Whew.

Bump

Does anyone knows, did it actually ever happend to european/Asian/american and just be consumed by madness/instict in subsaharan just like Kurtz in heart of darkness?
All I can think off from history is Baron Ungern but that's not africa.

The beauty on the right looks like angel, left looks like a dude.

Look at those tits

Wtf I love that country now

>Sub-Saharan Africa
>history
>culture
Lol

youtube.com/watch?v=R8Hr3uZECqo

brb

lol

What the hell? Are (some) South Africans this obsessed over being pure?

Cutie

Africa was pretty much rife with dictators like that Equatorial Guinea guy who executed his troops dressed like Santa Claus

yes, nearly all of them are going to marry up and avoid the fate of most African women, ending up with AIDS or as a single mother

Here's the story of Rhodesia
a land both fair and great
On the eleventh of November
An independent state
This was much against the wishes
Of certain governments
Whose leaders tried to break us down
And make us all repent

bump

>or Singapore are to Western and Asian cultures

SIngapore is a Chinese state with Western trimmings.

>UN

Long term planning my dear user. Especially useful skill in times of scarcity.
A thing that most western women lack.
>just kidding it was probably older women whoa re behind it

Shut the fuck up, the UN's cultural arm is actually pretty good at what they do.

Bahahaha oo lad

So this is a pretend thread?

bump

Any info about Africa during the cold war?

Books, Documentaries even audio books?

Thanks!

>DUDE BLACK HELICOPTERS N BLUE HELMTS GUNNA TAKE UR GUNZ!

...wut?

He has Tourette syndrome

That's what it looks like lmao

>First published 1988 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and
Cultural Organization, 7 Place de Fontenoy, 75700 Paris

user this work is nearly 30 years out of date.

tits have ligaments which are strengthened when the breast hangs freely, and weakened when the breasts are supported.

But nursing and then quitting ruins tits regardless.

Only a couple books here and mostly focused on Ethiopia and Angola.

The Ethiopian Revolution: War in the Horn of Africa by Gebru Tareke
>A look at Ethiopia's situation during the Derg regime with an emphasis on the decisive battles and campaigns that occurred during the war. It's got an excellent chapter on the Ogaden War of 1977.

The Cuban Intervention in Angola: cabinda.net/The-Cuban-Intervention-in-Angola.pdf
>More focused on Cuba's perspective, but still pretty good look at the situation in Angola and the Congo during the Cold War

Warfare in Independent Africa by William Reno
>haven't read it yet, but supposedly it's pretty good

Can't go one thread without ghettoist e-niggers shitting it up because it's on their bizarro-SJW list of proscribed topics.

That's bullshit lol.

He's mocking that user UN hate

>cultures

lmao

Amazing!
Thanks!

>True, take it with a grain of salt, but that doesnt mean theres not lots of information there my guy

More than europeons, obviously.

Nope

>Africa
>culture

giv dogon gf

Oh yeah another one for you

>The Fortunes of Africa: A 5,000-Year History of Wealth, Greed, and Endeavor by Martin Meredith
It's a general history of Africa, but it spends a while talking about the postcolonial period and does a generally pretty good job explaining how everything fell apart during the Cold War. It's also got a nicely formatted section at the end that gives recommendations for further reading for just about every topic mentioned.

bump

East African gf is superior.

>Not Sub Saharyan gf