Be 5 months ago, hungry skelly, 6'3" 155 lbs, never lifted before

>Be 5 months ago, hungry skelly, 6'3" 155 lbs, never lifted before.
>Been doing SS, with mild calisthenics on days off since March.
>Eating consistently 1500+ calories over maintenance level.
>Today, be 181 lbs.

Any guidance? Should I keep doing SS even at 20 weeks on?

More importantly, am I still dyel mode?

Any other guidance?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

state your lifts fgt

yeah keep doing SS as long as you're progressing with it then switch to whatever program it is that will help you reach your ultimate goal

5x5
Deadlift: 2.5 pl8 (moving to 3pl8 soon)
Squat: 2 pl8
Bench: 1 pl8 plus 10 pounds (embarrassing but tough with my long gangly arms)

Thanks

10kg overhead press

25 lbs you got it

Please work on that

Definitely am. I started that one with just the bar. Thankfully that didn't last long at all. Again, 5 months ago I had never lifted.

>Be 5 months ago
You have a bigger problem than looking like shit.

What?

Nice weight gain. Took me a long time to put on twenty pounds. A full body routine should still server you well, but make sure you add in curls on your ohp day and tricep work on your bench day so you don't wish you did more arm work a year from now

Good call. Yeah my arms have gotten bigger but not all that defined

Dude, im literally a skelle 6'3 130 pounds
my lifts are still better then yours.
just keep doing the big 3 and add your own shit to the mix heres mine

sunday
>Squat 5x5
>bench 5x5
>deadlift 5x3
>3 sets of pull ups to fail
monday
>sprint
>10x4 1 leg calf raises
>10 x 4 dips
>pyramid pullups
>100 second plank
tuesday
>squat 5x5
>overheadpress 5x5
>curl 5x5
>Push ups 25x5
wensday
>Pullups 6x9
>skull crushers 15 x 5
thursday
>deadlift 5x3
>sprint
>pull ups 6x9
friday saturday
>Rest the body read a book and play guitar all day

>5x5
>SS
how about you actually do SS?

it took you 20 weeks to get those stats,what the fuck is wrong with you?

i have 1.25 pl8 bench
1.5 pl8 squat
2.5 pl8 DL
45kg OHP

at 5'8 150lbs, and i've been doing Sl for 6 weeks.

>be a manlet starting at the same weight as a hungry skelly

Stop posting if you can't see why he would take longer

Wow... op please dont copy his routine

I started much lower than you, is all.

I started at bar OHP, 10 lb bench, 25 lb squat and 1 pl8 deadlift.

My progress is there, I was just a no muscle mass, pencil neck skeleton when I started.

That's impressive for 6'3" 130. What's your bf%?

quick, someone tell me if addding 2 fl oz of peanut butter oil to your daily protein shake is helpful with gaining mass.

Yes. Use oats also if you're blending

Jesus christ how? I'm the same height, few pounds heavier, and my only lift that is higher than yours is my squat at just shy of 2 plate and I've been at this for months and months. Did you lift at all or play sports before you started SL?

Probably does 20% rom on his lifts

i dunno bro, always been into sports as a kid, and i eat a lot but eat clean.

wait what

my fucking head is exploding lmao

best post of the day

sure you dont wanna do some pullups on your rest days ?

>those deranged pecz

you keep doing SS if you get linear results. Once you stop getting linear results, you do something else.

what the fuck? 5 months? man I have a shitty body too but at least I'm easily at 24kg after 1 month

>am i still in dyel mode?

nigga you lok like youve never even seen the outside of a gym.

How can one be 5 months ago? I can't even be yesterday. Teach me your ways oppa.

I'd probably reduce the calories over the next few weeks until you're only 500-800 over maintenance, over 1k is absolute overkill when you put into consideration that your stats are still in the novice bracket, it'll just be meaningless fat gains.

>10kg press

are you trollan opie? the bar by itself weights 20kg, lol??

if not troll, that's literally the most bizarre routine i've seen in ages

Sheeeit :(

You're not doing the program. Those are bad numbers for someone doing the program for 2 months.
Read the book.

300% increase in five months. You've got to consider my baseline strength was lower than average.

What the fuck am I reading???

>these are the people giving advice and estatting on this board

5lbs/session x 3 sessions/week x 20 weeks = 300 lb increase in the squat. That's not taking into consideration that you can do 10 lb jumps for 2-3 weeks at the start.

I'm not trying to disparage you, it's great that you did successfully add a lot of weight to the bar, but you did something wrong along the line. I'd really recommend checking out the book. A lot of people try doing the program without reading the book and wind up failing to gain size and strength.

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

Most people can stick with SS until at least a 315x5 squat and a lot can get even further than that. Just keep sticking with it until you can no longer add 5 lbs/session with perfect recovery.

H R T
R
T

Sounds like you're saying the opposite of what you mean

Like he's never seen the outside of a gym cause he spends all his time inside the gym

i dont understand this 5 lbs/session thing unless you are a genetic freak. 5lbs in 2 weeks would be amazing for me

>manlet trying to brag about how strong he is

I'm more of a manlet then you are and those are some pretty shit stats bro. I mean they're good for beginner gains, but come on bud, don't brag.

If you can't add 5 lbs a session, you're doing at least 1 of 3 things wrong:
1) You're not resting long enough in between sets. The fatigue from the previous set shouldn't affect your next set.
2) Not eating enough
3) Not sleeping enough.

I've trained several people and all of them have managed to add 5 lbs to the bar every session. If you're a man in between the ages of 18 and 35 there's no reason you can't add 5 lbs a session to your squat until you reach your intermediate stage. Even if you're old you can still make great linear progression if you take the time for proper recovery.