Can one be jacked and enlightened at the same time? Enlightenment requires you to surrender ego and all false desires...

Can one be jacked and enlightened at the same time? Enlightenment requires you to surrender ego and all false desires. Wouldn't being jacked become contradictory to the principles of enlightenment. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXyLbU1GGqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first of all "enlightenment" doesn't exist in the way you just described
you fell for the western version of "enlightenment" which is just another form of egoism to be better than your fellow human being stop it now.

you can be jacked and enlightened just do it for yourself

Being jacked are not false desires though user. Heaving a healthy body proves that you will perform mentally better compared to a person who does not have a healthy body.

Test can also influence your mind.

So the only one false here are the enlightenment faggots.

>badass

However, you can tell this guy isn't loosing sleep over how much grams of protein per lb he has to consume or whether glutamine, zma, creatine, whey, multis & bcaa stacks are just memes irl

The funny thing about surrendering all false desires is that in itself is a false desire.

Exercising your body does not contradict recognizing the dao of life.

nobody does this irl either besides the folks working for supplement companies

Henry Rollins is your answer.

Used the word "Jacked" for a reason, not talking about lean yogis or BW exercise physiques

Muscles =/= ego.

Muscles = cell size and fiber strength.

It seems like you're confusing social interaction as a result of muscles for egoism, when that's a choice.

nah you used jacked because you have no clue what enlightenment means

Yi Long has a pretty good record for a wee monk in MMA (25:1:7)

Okay God, teach us what enlightenment means

When you know it, you don't. And when you don't know it, that's when you finally get it.

>monks are enlightened
no.

Thank you Veeky Forums Veeky Forums poster for deciding who is enlightened and who isn't.

>monks decide what enlightenment means

no

>I decide what enlightenment means

no

>you decide what enlightenment means

no

>enlightenment is a decision
......idk ive ego

>enlightenment isn't a buzzword that doesn't actually mean anything

no

"work your body work your body make sure you don't hurt nobody' - Profound Tao of Self-cultivation

>words aren't just unreal symbols and sounds that don't actually mean anything

no

Discipline and strength of will are virtues key for attaining an enlightened state.

listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=iXyLbU1GGqU

Dude in the photo has shit legs, but is it possible to get this upper-body natty?

Yi long mostly fights against other chinese and would literally have a fist go through his chest if he fought in the UFC

>letting others decide for you what enlightenment means

no

No it is not possible to be jacked and enlightened at the same time.
There is your final answer.

>enlightenment

no

>Wouldn't being jacked become contradictory to the principles of enlightenment
not necessarily. the enlightened lifter would train purely for training's sake, not for the 'mires or for the approval of others

>*tips DYEL*

>(you)

no

>

no

no

With really good genetics maybe

alt+255

Ultimately the mind and body are connected.

As an individual works on his body, his mind will grow too.

Being jacked doesn't mean you can't be enlightened but ultimately depends on the individual and their true reasons for being jacked.

Most of the time ego is involved into it but I do feel like some people can do it for the art. Kai Greene for example seems to do it for art. He seems enlightened and has a bigger more abstract picture of what it means to him.

Winrar

Nope the bigger I get the more my ego rises, the more my ego rises the more chicks I fuck. The more chicks I fuck the more my ego rises.

> feels good brah

>letters aren't just dumb squiggly lines a race of apes who just happened to be a little smarter than the rest started to use just to shitpost on the fit section of a website made for discussing chinese cartoons

> lifting one's vantage point in the observation of human interaction to shed light on the insignificance of human existence on a Vietnamese rice noodle exchange isn't in of itself an implied rejection of one's supposed insignificance coupled with the unspoken hope that perhaps by understanding something one can overcome it

I think we've found it guys.
Enlightenment.

>Enlightenment requires you to surrender ego and all false desires.
That doesn't mean that you have to let go of ALL desires.
I mean, that is such a huge flaw in logic and a misinterpretation in general. Desire to live and breathe is a desire too. Why not just kill yourself right now?

To be aesthetic or ascetic, that is the question

this. can't live without action, but you can live without attachment to your actions

Don't know if this is true. Living doesn't require a desire, you simply do. It's the default state. Killing yourself means you have a desire not to live. One has a desire and the other doesn't. It's very different I feel.