Did you make any new friends at the gym?

Did you make any new friends at the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfhelp.org/site/course.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Very friendly gym. Not to the extent that I hang out with them outside of it or anything, but havent really tried making that happen either.
Talking to a lot of people in the gym though, trading mires and workout/diet/food tips. Its such a blessing, really.

I don't fucking talk to them I'm there to train not to talk

i've never said a word to anyone at the gym

Nope. Rarely talk to people at the gym. Most people there seem to keep to themselves. A few are gym buddies. But its not the most social place.

Honestly I have this problem everywhere I go. I just can't connect with people on any level. Except at work. Everyone loves me at work. I never run out of things to say. I'm always cracking jokes and its like I'm a completely different person.

And then I go to a party, have a few drinks, and just kinda stay off to the side not saying much. I just can't think of anything. And because of this I'm not as confident.

I wish I could fix this.

>at new gym
>dude gets off squat rack and welcomes me
>guessing he's a regular
>tell him to shut the fuck up
>appalled look, goes back to what he was doing
>catch him secretly mirin me
>never see him again afterwards

I think I scared him away.

Yeah, I've slowly became friends with most of the guys that go to my gym

I hope that senpai notices me one day.

>Did you make any new friends at the gym?

The gym is like prison. You're not there to make friends. You gotta be tough. And you gotta fuck some man asses.

Not really. Everyone minds their own business except for the clique of the roided guys and the instructors.
I only talk to the milf on the reception desk once in a while. Some dude started saying good day to me every time I come though, I think he wants to be friends.

no I just stare at the cardio bunnies and that one ridiculously fit girl who everybody knows

I talk to a few guys who say I was there inspiration a few years ago even though I fucked my shit up last year and am now lagging behind horrendously having only been going properly for the last few months and needing to desperately cut

No. Wasn't there enough to really learn names when I ran a full body routine every other day. Now that I'm on a split and starting to see the same faces over and over again, it's kind of rough. A lot of these guys seem friendly with each other but are a solid natty year ahead of me and I'm just the guy shoulder pressing 35 lb dumbells while the get in a circle and talk.

No, the one time I tried talking to someone, he kept fucking bothering me every time he saw me resting between sets. He kept trying to get me to go to some dance with him. Luckily I was there in the afternoon due to schedule conflict so I'll never have to be back there at that time again.

Yeah i did.

I dont fucking get it how people can go somewhere and not end up making friends.

/thread

No. And I have lost friends IRL because of their jealousy of me improving myself whilst they get fatter.

A Fit world is a lonely world.

anyone who disagrees has never lifted seriously

Are you a grrl

>Guy keeps asking me if i want a Coffee
>Another Guy keeps talking about my legs
>Only other Powerlifting guy in the gym gives me dirty looks and refuses to talk to me.
>Chav lass only does half rep squats and talks while I'm waiting for the power rack.

Yes. I meet people in the sauna after workouts. Best place to chat. Also, where do you buy a bag of protein that big?

Heal your wounded heart so you can be open to friendship.

sfhelp.org/site/course.htm

yeah some guy who squats 5pl8 and tells me to drink full fat milk and a drug dealing iranian

Is this some sort of cult preying on helpless depressed people?

I talk to a guy who just stared working there and a jacked older guy on TRT who started talking to me because he went to the same college I did.

I'm not part of the group of cool guys that all talk to each other and workout together after work.

I'll never talk to them to find out.

I believe most of them have positive feelings about my presence because i'm not touching their precious curling bars or dumbells

No. I'm a guy. He was fucking annoying. And when I was driving home, he was driving right beside me. Fucker didn't even go to the dance himself that night because the location was in the opposite direction.

he was preying on your boypussy

Well I guess that gives me one more reason to keep living.

Where can I get a bag like this?

Almost none, but there's this bodybuilder guy I always greet when I arrive and he gets a bit bashful.
I need his number

nah no one talks to me at the gym. Probably because I only use the powercage

No, there's nothing being sold and you do most of the work yourself.

Yeah. If you're a university and go early, you see a lot of the same people basically every day. I'd usually make a few friends every year. Get asked for a spot and then just introduce myself, or just end standing next to them somewhere on campus, and say what's up.

>hoverhanding the whey

there are some qts but i'm too shy to talk to them.

they probably get approached by other guys at the gym with more confidence and better physique anyway.

Do you think you are cool? Did you stop to think maybe the world doesn't revolve around you?

At my last gym, yeah

>moderately jacked Mexican guy (approx lmao3plaet front squat at ~190)
>his tall lanky black buddy
we would yell ronnie coleman lines and "glutes for the sloots" and shit at each other. good times, good times. Now I think about it, pretty sure I TA'd one of the Mexican guy's classes as well at one point.

But it does. Relative to my own existence, as soon as I die, the world and reality itself stops existing, as well.

new gym is hilariously antisocial by comparison, but I'm also a lot weaker right now, so eh.

No, too much testosterone makes me anti social
Pretty much this

home gym master race haha right!

r-right..

>nothing being sold
>baits post with a cute asian grrl

Please... no...

Same here brah

Too anxious and self-conscious to go to a gym so I set up my own home gym in the garage. I wouldn't mind making some fit friends to help keep me motivated but I don't even know if the gym is the place for that. Plus I'd just lose my spaghetti anyway.

I know this feel all too well
At work and in a group of large people I'm a pretty funny guy
But all other times I'm not

The bar is my only friend tbqh familia ;_;

bar is not your friend. he is just there because it's his job.

No one speaks to me inside or out of the gym. :\
However there was this black dude who asked me for tips once and I spotted him on bench and we nod at eachother, but that's really it.

>Good day, you look reasonably sane, what are you doing in the catacombs?
Are you a cleric or something ?
[Yes] [No]
No
>Then I have no qualms telling you...

That guy might want to rob you and throw you off a ledge.

Tell yourself the party is also work. Have to impress the QT to get a good recommendation.

Thats just sad..

"hows your lift going''
''yeah good''
First convo i've had at my gym
feelgoodman.jpg

Made a traditionalist christian friend at the gym, pretty fucking based.
Got to know other people from that friend at the gym and outside it too, also made a topic to talk about with other people and got some guys to try lifting.

no and i hope no one ever talks to me lmao

Lol

That's the most pathetic thing I've read all day.

>having a good lift at the gym with your new gym buddy
>pathetic

Fucking this. I'm actually pretty chill dude when i'm in a group but holy shit i am autistic when i'm alone with someone especially girls

>ride motorcycle
>few other guys ride too
>all squids

ALL
THE
TIME
no exceptions, especially not if you lift more than me

I am the only guy in my gym who uses the squat rack(squats) / deadlifts/ OHPs / Rows.
I have been doing SL for three weeks now and for some reason gym faggots think I am a powerlifting god.
I am 20 yrs old normal dude but for some reason gym bros are intimidated.
Oh I don't talk to anyone though. Lifting is reducing my capacity at taking bullshit.

How did you fuck your shit up? Story?

>tfw used to lift with old friends
>move to another city
>lift alone now