Trafalgar
Myeongnyang
Aboukir Bay
Lepanto

The Singeing of The King's Beard

since you mentioned that i'd like to add
the English Armada and the Raid on the Medway

Actium or the Hunt for the Bismark.

Naval battles look so awkward. This is painful to imagine from the perspective of a bird.

you would barely be able to see all the ships if you were a bird above the battle

Rhium and Naupactus. Phormio was a god.

I just didn't want to turn this into another platform for a heated religious discussion.

Battle of Plaidastrionus. That surprise orbital insertion on the Tellurian capital ship was tactical genius. The way Nectari IV Fulminata masterfully sliced through their vaunted Tachyon shields with just string disruptors and then audaciously nerve stapled the grand admiral and his senior officers was godlike. The Nectarian heroes repaid the Tellurian scum for their egregious war crimes at Palus Somni.

T S U S H I M A
S
U
S
H
I
M
A

Either I am uncultured as fuck or I have fallen for some low brow finno-korean hyperwar bait... what the fuck are you talking about ???

A quick google reveals the bait. Goodnight chaps

The battles on Lake Erie during the war of 1812. Commadore Perry was a bad ass. "Don't give up the ship"

>English Armada
You mean the Spanish?

Second Lunar war, you uncultured boor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Armada

Naval war had to be hard as fuck to organize before cannons became the default weapon.

>Smash your galley into the other guy's galley
>Turns into one great big disorganized brawl where your dudes are just climbing across smashed-together ships to stab their dudes in the gut.

Frederick was right; artillery really does add dignity to a fight.

thanks

you and him are both actual psychopaths

The Athenians would ram into the enemies oars making them helpless.

Battle off Samar 1944

No Midway?

Coral Sea

they were good,but carrier battles are very yawn inducing

red cliffs

Chesapeake.

Thank Providence for the French.

The battle off Samar included carriers but it was no carrier battle.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_off_Samar

I'm actually fascinated by how the finns managed to destroy the hwan fleet without themselves owning a galactic fleet.

I know right. I believe they used some kind of a super weapons, possibly anti-matter bomb.

>First Punic War battles before the R*mans introduced the Corvus

Cape Ecnomus

Imagine being a bird looking at that shit

Battle of myeongnyang without a doubt

>japanese outnumber koreans more than 10 to 1
>yi sun-sin devises ridiculous strategy to trap 300 warships in a straight using currents to negate their numbers advantage
>at the start if the battl korean officers and sailors are too scared of the numerically superior ene,y and so yi sun sins ship holds off hundreds of warships on its own
>eventually currents trap massive japanese fleet causing them to panic
>koreans sink 3 times their number of japanese warships and almost half the japanese sailors end up drowning
>japanese navy is so shit scared they sail back to japan cutting off their army from supplies and basically causing them to lose the ground war
>japanese navy completely destroyed in subsequent battle of noryang ending the japanese invasion of korea

>It may be proper to compare me with Nelson, but not with Korea’s Yi Sun-sin, for he has no equal.
Admiral togo

Battle of Denmark Strait. British hubris, frantic and reckless tactically, strategically void vs. German efficiency and stubbornness, tactically solid but equally void strategically. Ancient weaponry deployed in gruesome combat.

>those beautiful British maneuvers
Willy wagglers on suicide watch

> Second Battle of Tonkin Gulf
> US forces: 4 cruisers
> Enemy: not in the area, faulty radar signatures
> Result: thousands of rounds of ammunition lost, US drastically escalates involvement in Vietnam leading to a loss of national prestige and millions of deaths.

I like the Battle of Punta Gruesa. Covadonga, a chilean wooden schooner with two 70 lbs cannons, no armor, a complement of 130 managed to defeat Independencia, a peruvian ironclad with one 250 lb, three 150 lb, twelve 70 lb and two machine guns with a complement of 375.

That's because the crew was ill prepared and they couldn't hit the wooden ship so her captain decided to try and ram the little wooden ship. Then Carlos Condell, Covadonga's captain outsmarted Juan Guillermo Moore, Independencia's captain, by sailing in shallow waters after baiting him for three hours. When the ironclad struck and was immobile Covandonga came about and fired continuously from a safe distance to which Independencia striked its colours. They claimed the mast holding the flag got hit and they didn't surrendered and the guys trying to raise it again got hit as well. Covadonga retreated when the other ironclad, Huáscar, approached, which meant it had defeated Esmeralda, a wooden steam corvette. Condell was smart enough to know he would not be able to bait her captain Admiral Miguel Grau with the same tactic.

It's a fun naval battle were the underdog won.

Based Bazan