Thinking of giving lifting up after 4+ years

Thinking of giving lifting up after 4+ years.

Pic related is all I've managed to """"achieve"""" in over 4 years. My lifts are also horrible (novice/intermediate) despite having lifting for all those years on proper routines. Even when the scientifically proven routines didn't work for me I tried the bro-style of training and that didn't work either.

I made a thread the other day and 99% of the comments were extremely negative.

If you add all of this information up, it seems pointless for me to continue on with spending this time/effort lifting and tracking my nutrition.

I'm at a point in my life where I need to really think about what I'm doing and where I'm heading and I feel like lifting is only holding me back.

Honestly would you still be lifting if you did it for over 4 years and turned out like me? Probably not, you would have given up a long time ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4eHZIbAznkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this guy again

>wahwahwah I only look like a strong natty guy with my shirt off why don't I look like a youtube natty genetic freak like jeff seid.

get your test levels checked, crybaby

I think you're 100% correct. For the majority of us lifting will only lead to frustration and overeating. We're simply not genetically apt to be fit as we are not messomorphs and thus can't build up muscle without increasing our body fat percentage.

This is what I mean.

Why even lift? 4 years of lifting week in week out tracking nutrition and I get laughed at.

It makes me depressed and want to curl up in a ball and kill myself.

Ive failed at everything else in life and now this is just another thing I've failed at despite putting in 110% effort.

Here's the part where people green text me saying I put 110% effort in and refuse to believe it. It's stuff like this that makes me just want to give up on life and stay a shut-in. I can't ever succeed at anything I do.

I am nearly 30 and the prime of my life is gone, I've wasted half my 20s trying to get aesthetic and I've not even come close (probably was never obtainable to begin with, with the genetics Ive was given)

Just use steroids.
It's fair because you already proved yourself but your body is being a dick, so juice up and force your body to do what you want.

height and stats

i haven't been to the doctor in over 10+ years.

I feel tired all the time. By 4-5pm Im falling asleep. I usually goto bed at around 8pm. I never well rested when I wake up either.

what's your height/weight?
what's your routine ?
how much time do you spend at the gym ?
do you cardio ?

you probly just train like a pussy, if your not sore your not going hard enough, heavy squats , ohp. deadlifts, bench all proven to work, man up and use more weight

5'7, 84kg

press 70kg x 6
bench 100kg x 6
squat 120kg x 3
deadlift 150kg x 1
chinups bw x 12

read here.
I also do 30-40 minutes of walking per day for fresh air.

If you look like that after four years, you've either fucked up on your routines or your diet, or there's something wrong with your body. Like it's already been said, get your test levels checked.

Somatotypes such as 'mesomorphs' is pseudoscience.

?? are you sure you're training well

those stats are incredibly low, not to mention you're fat

oh yeah also whats with the fucked up rep numbers, hop on a proven program

go back to SS and work your way up, your routine is shit

How often?

for those lifts I'd say you look big enough

No one can tell me Ive trained wrong because I've done ALL the routines suggested over the last 4+ years.

>Full body (SS, a bunch of dif 5x5s, 3x5s)
>Upper/Lower (multiple dif U/Ls, like 5/3/1 etc)
>PPLxPPL (LPPxLPP), PPL/UP
>5 day brosplits

All of the above routines have had pretty much similiar results for me, nothing has stood out as having given better or worse gains. I have a feeling routine has nothing to do with my issue.

Right now I am on a 3/day FB because I'm at the point of giving up and lifting for as minimum days a possible. Why would I keep on lifting 5-6 days a week for equally as shit gains?

I'm especially pissed off today because I went and my squats were horrible, could barely get 100kg for 5, when squatted 120kg last week for 3.

yea, u dont train hard enough, i hit more than those numbers at 158 lbs 2 years of training.

Somethings definitely not right. Go to the doctor

im 156 lbs 2 years of training and have better numbers than you, you arnt pushing yourself hard enough with weight. gl tho mate

do you drink alcohol?

Hey man.

Be honest with yourself. Are you prone to depression? If yes, get help. If maybe, get help. If no, proceed to next steps.

Sit down. Get a note book, or open a word doc.

Write down everything you desire.

Really think here. Not bullshit like fast car and hot girlfriend.

Write down ways to achieve what you want. Like ten ways for each thing.

Write down potential failure states you may encounter.

Write down ways to avoid those failure states.

ahh I cant be fucked to keep writing. Figure the rest out yourself

Try Texas Method, also from what you've been saying something has definitely got to be wrong, go see a doctor.

Dude you're low test. Go to the doc

You wont believe me but I've never drunk alcohol in my life, not even a sip, never smoked a cig, never done a single drug. I grew up extremely sheltered and afraid of the world.

make sure the last 1-2 sets of each exercise your going to failure, so your body is forced to adapt.

no drugs, get enough sleep, EAT adequate amounts, reduce stress, actually stick to a program instead of flip flopping, maybe try higher weights because its always possible you could just be being a bitch

if you do all this and its still a problem go to an endocrinologist and tell them you're concerned you may have low test

I'm in my mid 30s and look pretty much the same as you, but I actually enjoy the activity of lifting for my mental health more than anything.

DESU I don't think you look that bad, sure, it's not Zyzz physique but only Zyzz had that anyway.

So I basically have to go to a doctor and get on start pinning myself, just to be average?

That's just great, really great. I haven't had a needle since last time I got a tetanus shot 15+ years ago.

sounds like your a depressed little bitch, enjoy who you are. and pushing your limits is the whole point of working out. if u want to get big u lift big

I don't take drugs or drink alcohol. And I don't even work (full time university), so I have no excuse for being tired.

>just to be average?

you're above average.Bellow average for someone who has been going to the gym for 4 years, but still noticeably above average in relation to the rest of the male population.

not great for 4years but all in all not horrible. just cut, eat clean and train in the 8-12 rep range for a while. you will make it user...

if youre gonna be sticking a needle in your ass one way or another, you might as well use enough test to put you above average.

What are your lifts

lol@ people telling him to just keep going.

That's 4 years, guys.

He has another good 4 years before he starts getting truly old and his body becomes even less accommodating to exercise.

He's not going to make it at this rate.

wut? Its not that low. This is kg, not lbs. He isn't that far away from 1/2/3/4 actually. I rarely see people put up the lifts he does in the gym. Usually only the clearly roided up guys.

I honestly don't know anyone thats been lifting 4 years with shit gains because generally they have half a brain and give up because they know whats good for them, like i should have learned, but autism stops me from quitting. If I wasnt so autistic and had some normieness and commonsense about me Id have prob quit after the first year.

Some say if you don't "make it" in the first 1-2 years, you'll never make it.

How often do you need to pin TRT? I've heard of some rub on lotion TRT, is that the same or is it dog shit?

you think a 158 bench is high? my son his numbers are terrible.

Stop spending all your time getting aesthetic, do some light jogging, curling, benching and get your bodyfat down, then start leaving your sheltered life. Get drunk, smoke weed, stay out at bars, go to festivals and get fucked up etc.

In 1.5 years i'll be 30, it's too late for all the shit you just mentioned. Maybe if I was going on 20...maybe that could have been possible, but not now. People at my age have families/kids, they're not out getting drunk, high and taking party drugs at festivals.

MUST WATCH:
youtube.com/watch?v=4eHZIbAznkA

what? his OHP is 154lbx6 his bench is 220lbx6

Its not about making it, unless your a 19 year old virgin loner trying to turn his life around before university so he can finally be the Chad he always wanted to be. Its about staying fit and having a reasonable good physique with a healthy, strong body.

I don't understand, if you're trying to look aesthetic then why are you so fat? Lose the fucking fat and you might look ok you dumb fatass

You.... you're mentality is really, it's that of a depressed person with a lot of regrets. Stress may play a large part as to why you're not seeing any changes.

It literally doesn't look like he lifts.

I was using "making it" as euphemism for "looking like he lifts."

Sorry bruh you just have shitty genetics. Look how narrow your clavicles are compared to your hips. Just juice. That's the only way you'll be aesthetic

I'm not stressed at all.

All i do is lift, go for random walks for fresh air, and do university full time.

I have no stress besides an assessment or exam here and there.

>inb4 why are u at uni at nearly 30.

ive got the opportunity to not have to work and just learning all the time instead.

Willing to bet you've never actually eaten at a significant surplus in fear of getting fat

Start eating 3k+ a day, at least 150 grams protein, start raising those numbers and tell me you don't see gains.

im 84kg at 5'7...you realize that's technically borderline obese for my height right?

my cousin is the same height as me and 50kg.

he's fat though

i also eat on average 180g protein a day

see

meh you guys make out as if age is an excuse, i'll be 35 next year and i feel like i'm 21.

> lifting while being white

Complete waste of time unless you're on roids

How much juice? Is it going to fuck up my health?

I don't want to fuck my life up even more than it already is trying to obtain AVERAGE results.

Are you sure it's quality stuff? A lot of cheap brands just flat out lie.

What brand?

chicken, eggs, beef, tuna, basa, steak etc.

I don't really use protein powder unless I need to get in an extra 20-40g

seriously if getting big is all you want then fucking do it already. you seem so focused on this one thing and depressed that you either give up now or start roiding. and no you wont be average with roids, you will surpass every natty out there with minimal effort. noone on roids is average... unless your idea of average or other roiders.

also , ive seen those reports for protein sups, the brand didnt make a difference, they basically all under-dosed

>. noone on roids is average

kek you don't know shit, tons of roiders out there are fucking mediocre, especially the fags who take orals

It seems pointless.

I feel like if I roided, id end up as one of those

>roiding for this

memes.

>I also do 30-40 minutes of walking per day for fresh air

useless. Jog instead. What are you, a fat 60 y-o man ?

Also, you didnt answer my question; what's your routine and how much time do you spend at the gym on average day ?

Yes. I do. But youve neither cut significantly enough to get to skelly mode nor have you bulked enough to see significant strength gains regardless of your current bf. It's low enough hat you can get fatter and stronger without completely ruining your body for about another 25lb or so.

Good. Now add a fuck ton more calories on top of it. The way you reacted to the advice shows me it's something you've never tried. So do it for 3 months and report back

Nah, they do all underdose a bit, but some are way, way worse and have almost no protein.

Optimum Nutrition is pretty legit. It's something like 90-95% of the protein they say is there. Which blows the competition out of the water.

Not that that matters in your case if you're just eating chicken, eggs, and beef.

Like others have said, lose body fat to look and feel better about what you've accomplished in the gym. I'm 32 and just lost 30lbs over the summer. Have a visible 4 back and losing more body fat for the final two. Great Definition everywhere else. It

can be done.

>Guys idk what to do
>Here's something you haven't tried
>Nah man that doesn't sound good despite never doing it
>what about this thing you never bothered with
>No way man that won't help even though i don't even know enough to get any results in 4 years

Stop talking yourself out of it. You're literally holding yourself back.

>Also, you didnt answer my question; what's your routine and how much time do you spend at the gym on average day ?

I have answered your question. You act like I'm been running the same routine or something for 4+ years.

I've tried all the different routines promoted on here, from the scientifically proven routines, all the way to the other extreme of the broest bro splits.

Right now I am doing Full Body 3 times a week (M/W/F), mainly due to the fact my results on all the other routines have been equally as shit.

My routine is

Squats
Deads
Bench
Chins
Press
+accessories.
Usually 2hours or so.

Now that I've said that, don't come in here telling me to run 6 day PPL and train for 45min max, I've already done that, results are equally as shit and I refuse to lift 6 days a week for equally as shit results lol.

this guy is right. OP your attitude is completely fucked and the problem you achieved nothing is probably because you always give up on everything instantly if it doesnt show results within a few weeks. also explains why you seemingly never really bulked or cut down to low bf% and why you have been apparently running every routine on Veeky Forums already. Maybe you should just go back to the basics and just stick with something that is known to work and give it your all instead of fucking around and giving up after a few weeks.

No dude as long as you're not an idiot and run kali muscle amounts of juice you'll be good. Look you're already 30, your natural test looks like it's shit. It's going to get even shittier. As a matter of fact you could probably get on legit testosterone replacement therapy from your doctor and you're golden. Even low doses of test will give you a better physique then 95% of the gym goers.

>not sore
>not working hard

Spotted the DYEL.

I'm not sure if I'm low test or I never took the gym serious enough but I've been going for 3 years and my lifts are fucking pathetic

Did you forget to drink the milk?

Guaranteed you just never did anything right.

This is the same buklshit as niggers on the biggest loser. Can't fucking lose weight in their own because they dug themselves into a hole and don't k ow enough to get themselves out of it. Then here comes this personal trainer that literally tells you what to do, when to do it, what to eat, and boom, fatty deleted.

Works the same way in reverse.

Op won't get put on TRT you morons. The average person on the street would think op is jacked, as would any doctor. His stats are shit for our standards, aswell as his bodyfat is high for our standards, but for normie/doctor standards op is strong and built. I repeat, not being i the top 1% of strenght makes you TRT worthy.

...don't they all gain their weight back in a year?

OP, did you add weight everytime doing Starting Strength?

Fucking phone, I mean NOT being in the top 1% of strenght level doesn't mean you need TRT.

are you looking at the same guy as me in the OP? he's not a skinny guy. Quit giving him shitty info you retard.

OP don't listen to this guy unless you want definitely get fatter

You think that's bad? I'm the poster child for T-Rex mode:

OHP 100lb x10
Bench 125 lb x 5
Squat 500 lb x 5
Deadlift 250 lb x 5
Chinups bw x 3

What are you surprised about OP? This is what natty lifting is like.

>500 lb squat
>250 lb deadlift

shit, son, with long arms and short thighs like that, you're a gorilla.

I'm 16 months at it and already starting to burn out. In 4 years I'll be 30 just like OP and I fear I will end up with similar results.

So you didn't pick one and did that one continuesly ?

>Doing the same routine for 4 years

stop

Do you even cardio?

Yes.

Full Body - 6 months
Split - 6 months
PPLPPL - 1 year

^first 2 years

Upper/Lower - 6 months
Upper/Lower(5-3-1) 6 months
PPLPPL - 1 year

^second 2 years

Now im back on Full Body since 3 months ago.

Naybe focus less on aestheticism and numbers and try to enjoy exercise instead

everyday for heart health.

Post a picture, and I'll be able to tell if you'll end up like me or not, it's not that hard to figure out.

Doing Full body (SS, a bunch of dif 5x5s, 3x5s)
>Upper/Lower (multiple dif U/Ls, like 5/3/1 etc)
>PPLxPPL (LPPxLPP), PPL/UP
>5 day brosplits
in 4 years.

You stop.

Do you at least enjoy going to the gym and work out ?

I use to.

Not so much now, since I woke up from my delusion and realised I've pretty wasted my time.

Now the question is whether I keep going, in order to maintain these pathetic results, or just stop all-together.

I was like you, lifted for 3-4 years with mediocre gains even though I was obsessed with getting aesthetic. Even your lifts are almost the same as mine was, heck you even look the same as I did. I tried EVERY program out there.

Listen to what I have to say here, ignore the others because you'll get nothing but "try gomad and madcow" regurgitated 'advice', I've been in your shoes.

>Being sedentary and using 600mg testosterone per week is 2x as effective for gains as lifting, this is proven with studies
You shouldn't take lifting very seriously because you could have more gains from just pinning test for some months than if you trained hard for 30 years. 95% of the bodybuilders you see on social media are roiding, it's impossible to compete without it.

>You have a decent amount of mass but you are too fat
Being lean is everything. I always bulked and was fat like you, it renders the whole point of lifting useless because you look like shit anyway. Your body will look better and your FACE will look much better. Bulking is a SCAM, you won't unlock some secret gains. It's a fucking SCAM okay? The amount of mass you can hold naturally is not much (like 15-20lbs), you don't need to bulk to get that mass.

>Your genetics are unfavorable for strength and size
Your genetics aren't useless but definitely a bit below average. Being big and strong is not for you, accept that. Im the exact same as you. That being said, you could still look decent IN THE REAL WORLD if you were lean, forget about the internet, its filled with roided up morons, genetic freaks and liars.

[2/3]

>Stop being obsessed with strength
I was absolutely obsessed with strength because I believed that I would get big if I got to a 3 plate bench or some other arbitrary number. I believed this with every single ounce of my heart. My brother was always skinny, I saw him return from the military one day. His arms had grown alot, probably was even at their genetic potential. Probably was even bigger than mine. All he did was fucking pushups. Meanwhile I dedicated my entire soul to the gym and could bench 2 plates for reps. You don't have to lift heavy to grow.

>I know you feel very depressed and inferior now due to your failings at the gym
I was like you, I know how you feel. Getting big is all you want and you cannot attain that goal. This might sound fucked to you, but I advice you to quit the gym now and take a break for at least 6 months. I believe that the single best thing you can do right now for your mental health is to forget about the gym. And you will. When you see someone squat 5plates atg, something that once meant the entire world to you, it will be something that you don't give a fuck about. Quit the gym for now, give yourself a break after all those anguishing years. Start eating less and lean out while you're at it, being lean is everything.

>When you do return to the gym, change your attitude completely
Your goal will no longer be to become huge, but simply train because because having some muscle > being skinny. Don't take it too seriously, we are only talking about ~15lbs of muscle here. Stop caring about the numbers, consider just doing bodyweight exercises, at least for the upper body. Train like those brosplit faggots that you used to look down upong for lifting barbie weights

OP, abstain from lifting from 3 months and just do cardio in that period
In those 3 months by or pirate Starting Strength the.book and actually fucking read it and do the program exactly how it's prescribed
Do an hormonal check too
After 3 or even 6, 12 months start again with Starting Strength
I.repeat you must read the fucking book
Then, pic related
Don't do.bullshit like your last workout
Folllw the instruction, do progressive overload every day until.you become intermediate
We're all gonna make ot

If you drop lifting you'll lose practically all your gains in a matter of 6 months and feel like an even bigger wasteful piece of shit than now. People will likely treat you differently, especially women.
By all means do it and see that I was right.

Why do you have good presses but abysmal squat and dead?