Have you ever been kicked out or banned from a gym? If so why?

>Have you ever been kicked out or banned from a gym? If so why?

I was kicked out of mine this week, they recently switched from metal weights, to the rubber coated ones, anyway I thought the rubbers were lighter, so I started weighing them on the gyms digital scale, apparently I broke the scale doing this and my contract was terminated.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=niHSDx4Y_zs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>only on Veeky Forums
They have insurance measures in place. I'm pretty sure you can accidentally break things and get away with it

>haha guys not only am I stupid Im also a nigger who breaks things haha so relatable amirite

hahahahaAHHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAH

I literally cannot imagine anything more autistic.

Went to this new gym for vacation and started deadlifting needless to say I got banned

Planet Fittness

How do you break a scale weighing plates? Jesus fuck OP.

Also, how fucking fat are you if just 45 lbs more breaks a scale?

Just when I thought I had seen all the autism this place has to offer

I put them on roughly

jesus christ, aren't the weights marked on the side?
failing that, couldn't you just ask someone who works there??
omfg wtf

I assumed OP didn't believe the rubber weights weighed what they said they weighed for some reason.

You should cleansed

>gotta make sure this 20kg rubber plate weighs the same as this 20kg steel plate
>don't wanna get fooled like I did with the 20kg feather weights

>anyway I thought the rubbers were lighter, so I started weighing them on the gyms digital scale

why does this board attract people like this?

Remember that a pound of muscle always weighs more than a pound of fat.

Yea like the fucking desk jockey would know the answer

>this thread
Fuck idk why but it for me laughing really hard. Thanks Veeky Forums I needed that

I don't know if you guys realize this but there actually can be discrepancies between the labeled weight and actual weight of a plate

You stupid or something, son?

i got kicked out of the gym for wearing jeans once

was only doing upper body so i figured i could get away with it but nope

Did you try to weigh them all at once or something? A scale should definitely hold 20 kilos

The only people I ever see wearing jeans to the gyms are the Haitian niggers. Are you a Haitian nigger?

Why would you ever wear jeans in the gym?

I got banned for deadlifting. (not even memeing)

Been lifting at home ever since and now my parents are questioning the deadlifting I do here and claim I am causing damage to their garage floor. (their claims are true)

Looking at purchasing a deadlifting platform, will that fix this issue?

no
i was a dumb teenager that didn't have time to go home and get my gym clothes. i really didnt want to skip a gym day though

never even realized they throw people out for wearing jeans until then

Horse stall mats and/or bumpers

You sure youre not a nigger?

should have bought the book user

I have bumpers, don't think they reduce the impact that much though.

In regards to the horse stall mats, I've deadlifted on them and didn't like it, hence why I am considering splurging on a deadlifting platform. I want a hard surface...the horse stall mats don't feel hard enough :(

What book? You're not seriously going to tell me there's a section in SS that tells you how to avoid causing damage to flooring from deadlifting right?

Or do you mean that there's a DIY platform building instructions in there? I don't have time to build that shit, I'd rather just buy one.

You're doing damage to a concrete floor with bumper plates? Pics?

Saved this amazing image. Fuck your story idgaf.

Yeah, either that or the ground is moving.

and here's the damage

I don't see anything wrong???

i got banned for taking my shirt off as i walked into the locker room

Hahaha oh fuck man. I can only imagine the gym attendants face was pic related when he heard the crunch of a 45 on a delicate scale.

here
I've semi-convinced my dad it must be the ground moving, causing the cracks....because it's all over the garage floor now, even in places where I am not deadlifting.

You should watch his music videos.
>I'm tiptoein in my jordans

Didn't get banned for this but I accidentally walked into the women's locker room. The locker rooms are right next to each other and look exactly the same. I was in there in front of the mirror for a solid minute before I realized that there was a woman in the locker room. When I saw her I said, "oh shit," did a 360 and walked out of the locker room. No one said anything to me about it but I'm pretty sure that woman thought I was a pervert or something.

I have no fucking clue who this dude is. He just looks like an epic jackass. Do post a link and I shall behold the trainwreck that spews forth.

Was pretty funny can't lie

Today in things that didn't happen

wut the fuck

who does this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=niHSDx4Y_zs
Here ya go. Enjoy your new pr song

Bro. Why u so salty?

......annnnnnnnnd here's a SIR comic in the making, ladies and gentlemen.

See you all in January!

There is exactly such a section in the book. Plywood sheets can also do the job

We're they lighter?

They do know that it isn't uncommon for concrete floors to crack as stress relief, right? How old is your house? Ours developed some cracks in the basement and in the garage over the years. You can always just move all the shit out of the garage, prep the floor and put down an epoxy floor coat to fill in the cracks

If you did a 360 you would be facing the same way again idiot.

>being this new

moonwalk, faggot

fuck is wrong with new fags.

Easy

HE BROKE THE SCALE BY PUTTING WEIGHTS ON IT BWAAHHAHAHAHAH

Here's what's made me unpopular

Dropped a pull up bar
Let a member in when thier card wasn't working
Posted on the fb the vending machine owes me $2
Slamming weights
My friend and the owner have a long complicated story and I brought him to the gym

>green text story

Literally I don't talk to anyone and just be nice and mind my own business but it's a hostile gym here that's for sure. I'm 6'6 and roid so naturally I'm coming along and it adds to the hostility because I stand out

you are new, you do not know that 360 degrees and walk away is a meme. just accept your newfaggotry and lurk more

brought my dog to the gym

Being so new you fall for ezpz bait

>mate was going to open a gym in the same franchise as this gym still the owners all had a meeting and someone told my gyms owner my mate was talking shit about her gym etc so she didn't let it happen.

It was all Bullshit tho he never said anything that she heard. It's a Chinese whispers industry here.

The fb post was funny, I just left a comment "vending machine owes me $2" and the owner replied on fb
>so speak to a staff member tomorrow, don't just leave a comment

Great customer service, right?

And the old lady I let in Jesus christ her card wasn't working and I got a lecture saying it's a security risk like I would let a group of niggers in or something

Not understanding the 360 degrees meme is also a meme. The best thing to do is ignore these people.

The falling for the bait of the bait of the bait is also a meme.

I'd change gym but my gym is the only actual gym aimed at bodybuilding. And it's cheap, 247 and close to home :(

How many layers deep can it go?

I unironically have 5 of his physical albums

Is this new friend reaponse also part of the meme now?

banned from planet fitness for dropping weights on the ground too many times.

You could hold the weight and subtract your bodyweight from it.

Asked my bro to weigh my dog once and he complained how the dog wouldnt stand still on the scale.

This is great. OP, you are so comically autistic I almost hope you aren't aware of it, just so you can provide entertainment for the rest of humanity.

No peach panther?

They were

You were right to be suspicious. A lot of times the gym owners will cut layers from the rubber so it's not as heavy in an attempt to sabotage people!
I called out my gym owner on this and he kicked me out of my gym for exposing his secret.

Why the FUCK would weights weigh more? Are you fucking STUPID?
Seriously, what the FUCK did I just read?
What is heavier, 1 pound of feathers or 1 pound of lead?
Also, who the FUCK measures WEIGHTS at the GYM.
WHAT THE FUCK

>Posted on the fb the vending machine owes me $2

>dropped a pull up bar
Does your gym not have a proper pull up bar area that has dips or some shit that you need a door frame for pull ups?

You don't seem very smart, so let me provide some assistance.

One, an item being labeled 'x pounds' does not mean it is x pounds.

Two, weights have a specific shape and volume, and are not at all analogous to your example, as a pound of feathers occupies much more space than a pound of lead.

If you were in a situation where you were offered a 4x4 carton of lead labeled "1 pound" and a 4x4 carton of feathers labeled "1 pound", you may become curious.

No gym equipment manufacturer is going to advertise 5 pound weights that isn't 5 pounds.
You don't seem very smart.

Why are you even talking about volume? Weight is weight you dumb fuck.

This is the most retarded post I have ever read.

Why is everyone screaming MUH AUTISM so much?

If my gym introduced new plates and lifts suddendly felt easy despite the weights being theoretically the same, then I would go weigh them too.

The only retarded thing about that is that OP mangaged to break the scale in the process.

>be me
>working as receptionist at local gym
>quiet afternoon at work
>just finished replacing the old plates with new rubber coated plates yesterday
>we had to do that because so many of our memebers are complete retards and would end up hurting themselves or damaging other equipment eventually
>my shift is almost over
>suddently I hear a loud shattering sound
>fuck.jpg
>rush to where I thought the sound came from
>turns out some skinny-fat dyel just broke the gym scale with one of the new plates
>scale is designed to withstand people over 300lbs
>this idiot broke it with a 45lbs plate
>probably threw it on or something
>"I was just checking if they were lighter than the old ones"
>already had enough of this moron
>terminate his contract there and then

This is why tards should never be left out of sight without their wranglers

He's obviously talking about the rubber vs iron material comparison.
His post is retarded but you should have been able to figure that out nonetheless.

Topkek you dumbfuck

>these are the people who give you advice

Just buy an osb plank to put on the floor

Your house is just adjusting to changing conditions under is. Every (concrete) house has this after enough time.

This post is going to be famous one day.

That shit is fucking terrible. His rap is so weak, it's like that mentally handicapped rapper from its always Sunny that sweet dee dated.

>2/10 would not tiptoe again.

Osb is cheaper.

no but i've had people tell me not to be mad in a standoffish friendly kind of way. at that point i get mad.

That's not from the weights, that's from the foundation settling on soft soil. I work on complaints for that sort of shit on a weekly basis. Happens in the majority of homes less than 10 years old.

I actually had to do this recently. The olympic platform at my gym had some weights just labelled "15", so I figured there were lbs since we live in god damn USA, but when I put them on I noticed the weight being significantly more than I felt it should be.

So I picked that fucker up and put it on the scale. Turns out it was 15 kg.

Also, the assisted chin up machine is a lying piece of shit, it says it's assisting you 70 lbs but it's actually 40. Tested it with free weights that I measured to make sure it wasn't just the weights that were off.

>innagym
>doing last set of squats
>Notice I'm holding the bar very tight against body and hurts a bit
>Hold less tight and feels good
>On last rep, hands completely off bar
>Start rep, forget to hold the bar
>Notice when I'm going back up
>Bar starts to turn on itself sideways
>Panic, try to hold the bar as it falls
>Finger is between safety bar and lmao3pl8
>Break finger, go to hospital, etc
>Next day go back to gym (was on ppl)
>They reviewed the footage and told me I'm too much of a danger to be in such a small gym
>Get kicked out
Pic related